+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Faizmirza15

Jun 19, 2019
I had raisied a webform to inform CIC requesting for an extension to my CoPR back in May 2020, as I would be unable to travel due to the pandemic. I received a response from CIC back in June 2020 that my application will not be refused for for not travelling due to the pandemic. It also mentioned that when I am ready to travel that I raise a webform and that they would update me. At the moment my CoPR has expired (valid until July 2020).

Regarding this I have a couple of questions: 1) Will I along with my dependents be issued a new CoPR and visa? 2) What should I mention in the webform incase I am ready to travel ? In terms of details and format is there anything specific that they (CIC) are looking for ?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
IMPORTANT UPDATE: RE-MEDICAL REQUESTS FROM OTTAWA

From the last 30 minutes, now Ottawa VO has started rolling out re-medical requests to expired COPR holders. Majority of expired COPRs are from May and June.

Please keep checking your EE account and see if you also receive it.
Thank you keeping us updated. My Visa Office is Vancouver. Have you seen any movement in Vancouver? I have not heard anything on Vancouver.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
My VO is Ottawa. I got a remedical request on my account today with the 2 forms. Application has been out as In-Progress again (action required) and expired CoPR details have been deleted from the account. I have 90 days to complete the remedicals.
My CoPR & medicals expired on April 10th. Learned from agent that the medicals were extended until Sept 20th. Was hoping to get some updates on AL by then, didn’t happen though. Now gotta do the remeds and hope for the best.
Congratulations!! Can you please tell me when was your PR application approved initially?
Also, did you receive your re-med application in email or CIC account?

Reactions: Dejavu_44

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
My VO is Ottawa. I got a remedical request on my account today with the 2 forms. Application has been out as In-Progress again (action required) and expired CoPR details have been deleted from the account. I have 90 days to complete the remedicals.
My CoPR & medicals expired on April 10th. Learned from agent that the medicals were extended until Sept 20th. Was hoping to get some updates on AL by then, didn’t happen though. Now gotta do the remeds and hope for the best.
Proceed with the re-medicals submission. Once submitted, your application will be tagged with the next PPR email batch. Good luck!

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
Hi,

Are there any Nigerians on this thread? Have you received any updates to your extension request?
Please let me know.

Thanks
Hello, i am Nigerian, COPR expired July 2020, i have sent multiple ready to fly webform and still nothing. How about you?

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi, i have also received the same email for medical expiry and it doesn't mention anything about a deadline. It just says that i need to either wait for travel restrictions to lift or get the medicals done again. My copr expired on May 9th, 4 pointer email Oct 2nd, Medical email received on Nov 5th, VO Delhi.
I am very confused if i should book an appointment for medical again or not. I want to travel however I had read somewhere that AL is being issued to priority cases like family reunification and students. I am the only applicant in my application and doubt if I will get an extension right now or not. I hope this medical does not get wasted, if i choose to go for it right now.
Any suggestions will be helpful!!
Thanks.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Same question here as my clinic is asking for IME# from 1017E form before giving an appointment for remedical..
Same here. They are asking for me to wait as they require IME number for the remedical. I got my notification email on 5 Nov. Has anyone received the form after that ?

Raina1996

Jan 23, 2020
Hey everyone!! Just wanted to know as i got 4pointer mail on 18sept n still I haven't heard anything yet.. My VO is new delhi n my medical expired on 4may2020 ... Is there anyone else with same situation ?? Please reply

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
No experience with this, but I would keep the existing ticket and communication about possible flight cancellation with me to begin with. In case, the cancellation is starting to look confirmed, I'd try to get another flight, if that's an option. If nothing is sure, I'd just go ahead, present the "flight ticket + cancellation" as well as receipt for prepaid Airbnb in Ottawa to the immigration officer and explain the situation. If the flight indeed gets cancelled, there would be at least a few more people in somewhat similar situation and officer should not have a lot of difficulty in accepting your reasons.
Also, if a flight is getting cancelled with not enough notice time, same airline would sometimes put you on the next flight they have for this route. It does mean spending more time at the airport and perhaps spending a few more bucks, but probably better than some other options. Check with the airline or your travel agent.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions and I will keep them in mind.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Yes you can get a taxi if you are not stopping in between. But keep in mind that Montreal is not the best port of entry for such situations as you might need to convince the immigration officer that you are taking a direct taxi to your final destination and not settling in Montreal (as you need CSQ for that). Showing boarding pass of connecting flight gives them assurance.
That's so true. Boarding pass + confirmed Airbnb reservation at Ottawa would convince them surely.

Fingers crossed for non-cancellation.

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
hi, my husband and i got the re-medicals request yesterday and we got the medical done today. I am confused if we need to submit the medical receipt on our CIC account ?

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hello, i am Nigerian, COPR expired July 2020, i have sent multiple ready to fly webform and still nothing. How about you?
Same here, from Nigeria, COPR expired May 2020, Ottawa VO 3 RTTs webforms - just the usual generic reply nothing yet. Hope we get it soon.