+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Wow!!!
I can imagine very soon they might set a deadline for expired copr holders to travel.
What's worrying is that my official account for communication is that of the agent. They are now sometimes closed and reply very sporadically. Their replies also state that they are working from home and to expect a reply in 3 working days. In such cases, If I miss the letter:(

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi, just want to know if your COPR is issued before March 18th but if your COPR is expired, can’t you travel to Canada? In such case what’s the procedure?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hang in there buddy!

Mom got re-medical request today. Now she is in Hyderabad ...was hoping somehow we didn't have to. Anyway... its all just utterly disorganized. Very irresponsible of IRCC. Whatever decision is taken, methods and alternatives - is all fine. They need to plan as per IRCC needs. What is unpalpable is after 10 months, IRCC is still NOT announcing the process.

They expect applicants to follow all rules everytime - such as for the remedicals, the letter format still has lack of courtesy or humanity. Big bold yellow highlighted "Final Notice". "You will not receive another letter", "This is your final reminder', "You will not receive any extension"...etc typed all over. Not a pleasant experience in the first actionable communication we received after over a dozen web forms, evidence of one way flight, Canadian property tax scans etc to show permanent arrival of sponsored single senior citizen.

This is not my proudest moment for my very own government, and it truly hurts to mention!

Simply - not done!
When did your mother's medicals expire?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi, just want to know if your COPR is issued before March 18th but if your COPR is expired, can’t you travel to Canada? In such case what’s the procedure?
You need travel authorization letter to travel.

Reactions: Nimz10

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
What's worrying is that my official account for communication is that of the agent. They are now sometimes closed and reply very sporadically. Their replies also state that they are working from home and to expect a reply in 3 working days. In such cases, If I miss the letter:(
Ask for the username and password of your gc account and change the email address to your email not the agent's email. If they dont give it tell them iys your account and you have the right to have an access to that.the person with more rights to that account is you not them. It happened to me, my agent doesnt want me to have an access at first. Just explain your side

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hang in there buddy!

Mom got re-medical request today. Now she is in Hyderabad ...was hoping somehow we didn't have to. Anyway... its all just utterly disorganized. Very irresponsible of IRCC. Whatever decision is taken, methods and alternatives - is all fine. They need to plan as per IRCC needs. What is unpalpable is after 10 months, IRCC is still NOT announcing the process.

They expect applicants to follow all rules everytime - such as for the remedicals, the letter format still has lack of courtesy or humanity. Big bold yellow highlighted "Final Notice". "You will not receive another letter", "This is your final reminder', "You will not receive any extension"...etc typed all over. Not a pleasant experience in the first actionable communication we received after over a dozen web forms, evidence of one way flight, Canadian property tax scans etc to show permanent arrival of sponsored single senior citizen.

This is not my proudest moment for my very own government, and it truly hurts to mention!

Simply - not done!
First of all congrats on some progress in your case.Which vo sent this medical request?Lets see how much time they take after your mother takes remedicals.Hopefully she should be able to reach within this year.
Their behaviour is really as if they are obliging us by calling in there.This corona has made them and I think all govts selfish and rude.

Reactions: hinavin and Mahi_PR

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
19 May 2020 alongside the CoPR.
My medicals and CoPR expired on May 15, 2020 and am still waiting for the medicals request despite the two ghost updates. No one can understand their work pattern. Always pick randomly and process. Hope your mother would be able to come to Canada before Christmas.

Reactions: hinavin

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
My medicals and CoPR expired on May 15, 2020 and am still waiting for the medicals request despite the two ghost updates. No one can understand their work pattern. Always pick randomly and process. Hope your mother would be able to come to Canada before Christmas.
Mt COPR expired on May 15th as well. Have not heard back yet from ICCRC. when you submitted the webform did you provide some lease documentation or paper work ?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Mt COPR expired on May 15th as well. Have not heard back yet from ICCRC. when you submitted the webform did you provide some lease documentation or paper work ?
I sent the last web form along with relieving letter and latest bank statement on August 20 and received the four pointer email on October 2 to which I replied with confirmed itinerary for travel and stay.

Reactions: hinavin

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Ok
I sent the last web form along with relieving letter and latest bank statement on August 20 and received the four pointer email on October 2 to which I replied with confirmed itinerary for travel and stay.
Thank you, how much funds did you show in bank statement?

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I believe many of us have done this steps. (Attachments of documents) RTT , 4 Pointer email.

When we raise RTT wbeform how do you upload documents.
In short , do you make separate file for 4 documents like , lease, 14 days plan, job letter, banks statement, tickets etc and upload 1 by 1 file.
Or
Make 1 file and upload

If emailing them 4 Pointer reply did you send separate attachments / files.

Please reply I am planning for RTT process, my COPR before 18 March and expired in 2nd week of August.
Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
When did ur medical expire
I dont think medicals are request for you after 6 months of auto extension. As per your applications, your current medicals expired on 22-July-2020 and if you got 6 months auto extension on meds then it should expire on 22-Jan-2021.

What is your VO? What is the category of your last medicals? Either you don't belong to M1 category or remeds are done on case to case basis irrespective of issuing the eTA/AL.