+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello Friends,
I need an Urgent Help, if you can help please.
I got my COPR along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in December 2019. Medicals July 2019.
Our COPR expired in 20 July 2020. & we haven't flown till now for soft landing or anything. as Covid19 happened in March, and I was really scared to travel with a kid.
So, I am really worried what will happen to my COPR?
Can you please help me as to what is the best alternative available for me right now, if I want to fly in early 2021.

Even though Flights are operating currently, I want to fly in next year when these things settle down.

Can you please respond on this? I will be happy to provide any more information if you require to answer this? Thanks in advance.

Can you guys please suggest that if there is any risk of losing PR status through this process?
Hi Friends

Can anyone share that when I will fill the webform to give my consent to fly to Canada, what will they ask me?
As in what will be their questions?

And will we have to undergo medicals again?

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I assume that you might have filled the initial unable to travel web form.Now whenever you are ready to travel just fill the ready to travel web form.They will process the extension of copr and probably give AL to travel.
Thanks a lot for reply

Can any other please give next steps please?

PavD

May 20, 2013
I raised webform again and they replied stating 4 pt email has been received by responsible office and it’s under process . And file is open and we are trying very hard to process these with limited capacity. Is ircc sending the ALs or NDVO? Replied to 4 pt email on 19 sep. copr expired 5 July . Copr received 15 March. Don’t know how they are sending the Als or updating cic account
Same here. I feel like they are going backwards.People who received 4 pointer in october were processed first, then sep 29 ones and i guess it will be our turn 22 sept ones .

Reactions: Madhan96291

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Thanks a lot for reply

Can any other please give next steps please?
I tend to agree with @Canaspirant xyz

To your questions on if you risk loosing your PR?
  • You are not yet a PR. Your application was approved and you progressed to the next step of CoPR issuance. Within the validity of CoPR one needs to travel and perform 'Landing', which confirms your PR at the airport itself. Only then you are a PR - Permanent Resident of Canada.
  • Since you were unable to travel albeit for valid reasons, you must inform IRCC. That is done via a webform. This is what the member Canaspirant was alluding to.
  • Please visit the IRCC website. Be guided by the details. Or browse through the pages of this very thread - that will answer this and many other questions.
  • The 'webform' is straight forward. Asks you application details and free format section where you state you are unable to travel at this time due to COVID, your young child and severe health risks.
  • Your application will then be diarised - awaiting your next stage of readiness.
  • Do NOT leave your application without any communication with IRCC, will be the strong suggestion.
  • Finally, once you feel ready to travel, raise another webform, stating the same.
IRCC Website - COVID related pages are suggested:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

Expired CoPR - COVID related pages are suggested:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

The Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Now, a lot is at stake after all your hard work, risk and money spent for your journey this far. And you have succeeded, near the finish line now.

May I suggest to browse the above links and this thread here. That way you would ensure success!

Best wishes!

Last edited:

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi Friends

Can anyone share that when I will fill the webform to give my consent to fly to Canada, what will they ask me?
As in what will be their questions?

And will we have to undergo medicals again?

Once you raise another webform that you are ready to travel, the most likely details sought, would be:
- clear plan to arrive permanently, funds, employment (if any), clear quarantine plan, flight bookings or plan etc.

There are no published steps from IRCC since this is an exigency the world is dealing with.

Medicals: Regarding this there are mixed experiences reported by members here. Thus you can hope for escaping that, but be mentally prepared to be asked for re-medicals. Greatly depends on how soon after your last medicals do you finally plan to travel.

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
I am from NDVO too when did you sent

1 RTT webform
2 When did you received 4P email
3 When you responded 4P email.

My COPR also expired 2nd week of August and I informed via webform in mid of July and planning to send RTT now.

Please share your experience.
Thanks
My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020
Letter of Authorization: October 28, 2020

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
Can anybody tell who has reached canada..how long it takes to get pr card and Sin?
you can get sin at the airport on your arrival if services are open at the airport or you can get it anywhere outside. there are offices . as for pr card you will get it a month or two . some have received it in just a week so it cant be predicted.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I tend to agree with @Canaspirant xyz

To your questions on if you risk loosing your PR?
  • You are not yet a PR. Your application was approved and you progressed to the next step of CoPR issuance. Within the validity of CoPR one needs to travel and perform 'Landing', which confirms your PR at the airport itself. Only then you are a PR - Permanent Resident of Canada.
  • Since you were unable to travel albeit for valid reasons, you must inform IRCC. That is done via a webform. This is what the member Canaspirant was alluding to.
  • Please visit the IRCC website. Be guided by the details. Or browse through the pages of this very thread - that will answer this and many other questions.
  • The 'webform' is straight forward. Asks you application details and free format section where you state you are unable to travel at this time due to COVID, your young child and severe health risks.
  • Your application will then be diarised - awaiting your next stage of readiness.
  • Do NOT leave your application without any communication with IRCC, will be the strong suggestion.
  • Finally, once you feel ready to travel, raise another webform, stating the same.
IRCC Website - COVID related pages are suggested:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

Expired CoPR - COVID related pages are suggested:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

The Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Now, a lot is at stake after all your hard work, risk and money spent for your journey this far. And you have succeeded, near the finish line now.

May I suggest to browse the above links and this thread here. That way you would ensure success!

Best wishes!
Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply.

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020
Letter of Authorization: October 28, 2020
did u send any other webform or email after you replied to 4 pt email?