+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Amardeep326

Apr 23, 2018
Hello guys i read on cic website thats anyone approved for PR before March 18 and if Copr and visa is expired they need to send webform and once thay got authorization from IRCC they can travel on there Expired Copr and visa with that authorization letter. And they will have 60 days to travel

Reactions: BillyWescott

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I am yet to receive AL. My profile is just updated with new counterfoil details.
So it’s almost been a week and you’re yet to receive your AL?
I thought that comes in like 2-3 days. I think that’s what I read in one of the posts out here

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi all,
I got my gckey updated with new copr valid till jan 2021. But no al yet.
Had not raised any ready to travel form, but received 4 pointer mail to which replied on 7 oct.
I want to know can we travel without AL ?
And what if we are unable to go again this time?
Is our file will remain open?
People who got AL is there mentioned of file remain open?
TIA

Reactions: juli.m

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I have expired COPR issued before 18 March.
My profile says: latest update, medical test passed. (Date is same as previous).
I saw this change last week. I haven't received any 4 pointer email, though I've sent 4 RTT webforms. Is there anyone who can comment on this?
Thanks
Feels like you have done all the right things! Follow ups also nicely done. Canèt think of what else can you do to push the extension of CoPR. You are all good!

IRCC and NDVO actions are due so this can progress and either extend your CoPR or simply provide e-TA (electronic Travel Authorisation, which is sent via an email to yourself from NDVO/IRCC) - but that is the same for almost everyone around who are waiting patiently. No timelines or expectations shared from NDVO nor IRCC

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi all,
I got my gckey updated with new copr valid till jan 2021. But no al yet.
Had not raised any ready to travel form, but received 4 pointer mail to which replied on 7 oct.
I want to know can we travel without AL ?
And what if we are unable to go again this time?
Is our file will remain open?
People who got AL is there mentioned of file remain open?
TIA
Congratulations on CoPR extension! Well done to IRCC and NDVO.

AL - or email Authorisation Letter (some also call it eTA) is required at the airport for sure. That is the main document for airport staff. The GC Key update on the profile is also checked by the airport staff at some airports now. So both are needed.

You would see other members here who are in a similar situation and my personal guess is the AL is on its way. Should get it within the weekend. Respective local VO in the country would have it in their work queue perhaps (no supporting info so I could be wrong).

I would get packing and commence all travel preparation - except NOT jam up any money through flight ticket or hotel / airbnb bookings, if applicable.

Again - congratulations and best wishes!

Reactions: FatemahPK

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
FORWARDED: ONE MORE UPDATE

Hello Guys,

I received a mail saying your account is updated and saw counterfoils for self and spouse got extended until 30.11.2020.

Visa office - NDVO
18.3.20 - CoPR issued
11.6.20 - CoPR expired
August - Raised a couple of webforms
29.9.20 - Received 4-pt. e-mail
2.10.20 - Responded to mail
27.10.20 - Received mail mentioning account update - saw the CF was updated on previous day
30.11.20 - New Counterfoil expiry date
Awaiting AL. Thanks..

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
FORWARDED: ONE MORE UPDATE

Hello Guys,

I received a mail saying your account is updated and saw counterfoils for self and spouse got extended until 30.11.2020.

Visa office - NDVO
18.3.20 - CoPR issued
11.6.20 - CoPR expired
August - Raised a couple of webforms
29.9.20 - Received 4-pt. e-mail
2.10.20 - Responded to mail
27.10.20 - Received mail mentioning account update - saw the CF was updated on previous day
30.11.20 - New Counterfoil expiry date
Awaiting AL. Thanks..
Seems like they are processing 29th Sept 4 PEs. Thanks for the updates!

Reactions: hinavin

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
Yes they are open - I would raise another webform asking for an update. Was your COPR approved before March 18th? Mine was in April so I’m still waiting for the travel restrictions to be lifted before we can travel. Although I did raise a webform to both Canada and London office to say we are ready to travel anytime, and hoping they will issue us with an AL
Hi!
Copr issued July/2019, we planned to travel 20.03.20 having the tickets in hands, but all flights were cancelled starting from 17.03.20.
CoPR expired 27.05.20, RTT 23.07.20, 4 point letter 19.08.20 (and med.tests updated as "passed"), 28.08.20 my respond with supported documents, 24.09.20 I send followup email to London VO, 19.10.20 one more weform to London requesting an update.
No answer till now

Reactions: tusa47 and Nimz10

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone had any life event like marriage or pregnancy with COPR expired? If so, how do you plan to handle COPR extension and adding new dependent?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Noticed changes in latest update section today,,from medical passed to final decision..anyone who noticed changes in their acct? I just hope this is not some kind of a glitch again.

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
Noticed changes in latest update section today,,from medical passed to final decision..anyone who noticed changes in their acct? I just hope this is not some kind of a glitch again.
what is different with these updates? mine keep changing from medicals passed to final decosion i dont think this has anything to do with it