+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

MapleUnicorn

Oct 27, 2020
One member on this thread reported doing that. Then returned back after 2 or 3 weeks (cant recall).

Having said that he was fully aware that it is NOT the allowed path from IRCC perspective. As in, when you are landing, it is on the IRCC directive that you must NOT enter Canada for any temporary time or purpose of simply confirming your CoPR. Thus you would be untruthful at the point of landing as per IRCC - makes sense?

Other members have opined and I agree, one risks being questioned at a later date. Must prepare for questions and demonstrating reason for actions. Expect, prepare, plan so that you are taking an informed decision.
Thank you so much for your prompt response.

This is well understood.

Reactions: hinavin

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Can someone help? Please
Hi all,

My CoPR and my wife's COPR were approved on March 20th, 2020 and we have raised multiple webforms. Is there anyone whose CoPR got approved after March 18th, 2020 and able to see a progress? Please help. We got a response saying the documents have been verified and sent to the the responsible office. Is that a positive response? Also, can someone explain the 4 point mail which you are receiving?

Thanks.
As it is evident here NDVO procedures or IRCC procedures for expired CoPRs, e-TAs etc are neither clear nor show any established trend. Some members may put a hypothesis towards different components such as 4 point emails, re-medicals, category of application etc however at lease from NDVO perspective, I am less convinced that there is any method to this madness, whatsoever.

That's the context. I personally would consider progress only when I see an actual extension, permission, e-TA (electronic/email Travel Authorisation) ...any specific directive from IRCC/NDVO. Outside of that even the 4 point email (which is simply asking you to demonstrate your firm plans to travel within 60 days and arrive permanently to Canada, along with a clear quarantine plan, clear funds, employment (if any). I have not received any such email yet. But many members have, they responded - however IRCC / NDVO has been quiet after that. Someone reported few people on another group/forum receiving Authorisation Letter to travel and landing successfully.

Net net - if you get e-TA/AL be ready to travel at a short notice. Until then, breathe and thank mother nature for keeping you and yours in good health!
:)
Best wishes!

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
They are open, I had to send my photographs to them.
Also member @Wotsit sended his documents there and received his copr back from them last week
Thanks for information!
is that really normal having such delay in reaction of London VO? taking into account that they've asked if we are ready to travel in next 60 days and that term is over

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
MORE UPDATES: GC KEY DETAILS UPDATED IN CIC ACCOUNT, AL AWAITED

Please see couple of MORE updates shared by applicants just now, VO: NDVO -

New counterfoil dates updated in Account !!

COPR Expiry - 27th June 2020
Received 4 Pointer mail - 29th Sep
Replied on 4 pointer - 6th Oct
Sent One followup on 26th Oct
New Counterfoil details updated in account on 27th Oct
Validity of new counterfoil - 30-Nov-2020

Gc key updated till 30th November for me and a few more ppl today. 4p on 29th. July 10th expiry

Counterfoil updated till 30th Nov
Copr expiry - 3rd July
4pt mail -29 Sep

Jan 20, 2019

Gc key updated till 30th November for me and a few more ppl today. 4p on 29th. July 10th expiry

Copr expiry - 3rd July
4pt mail -29 Sep
Looks like either the 60 day period is being counted from the day 4pt email has been sent or the agents handling cases are forgetting to reply to candidates..

Any updates for Ottawa VO? I saw one person getting re-meds. Anything apart from that?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for information!
is that really normal having such delay in reaction of London VO? taking into account that they've asked if we are ready to travel in next 60 days and that term is over
Thats ridiculous ...they are asking ppl whether they are ready to travel in 60 days while the themselves are not ready to call in next 60 days..why the hell they are sending such mails and playing with others emotions.Never ever have seen such irresponsible behaviour of IRCC. All Vo are just mum waiting for govt green flag it seems should we call more ppl in...or just 10 per month.Just.Save your country from Corona. It seems..that we only ...copr holders are going to carry it to spread in Canada...the cad citizens who are roaming freely there without masks and social distancing are all covid free.They are keeping us deprived of our right...we have paid and are eligible to become pr.Now they cant stop us for unlimited time.If I cud afford I wud have sued them.For mental harassments.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Thats ridiculous ...they are asking ppl whether they are ready to travel in 60 days while the themselves are not ready to call in next 60 days..why the hell they are sending such mails and playing with others emotions.Never ever have seen such irresponsible behaviour of IRCC. All Vo are just mum waiting for govt green flag it seems should we call more ppl in...or just 10 per month.Just.Save your country from Corona. It seems..that we only ...copr holders are going to carry it to spread in Canada...the cad citizens who are roaming freely there without masks and social distancing are all covid free.They are keeping us deprived of our right...we have paid and are eligible to become pr.Now they cant stop us for unlimited time.If I cud afford I wud have sued them.For mental harassments.
I feel your agony...

After being approved for PR, and battling uncertainty for over 7 months its just a while before it all works out for us! Have faith, all the efforts wont go in vain. 2 way courier instructions for ppr and 4 pointer emails will hopefully lead to further relaxation and start of service.

I am also sitting with an expired copr and my application shows in progress. All because of a mistake on the copr! Hopefully, November shall do wonders for us!

Just stay positive

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Copr expiry - 3rd July
4pt mail -29 Sep
Does sending a reminder email or follow up makes any sense? I believe 2 and 3 got their new CoPR without a followup email.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is CIC down? Not able to login and getting redirected to language selection webpage. Hope they are fixing that jumping jack issue with "Latest Update info".

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Is CIC down? Not able to login and getting redirected to language selection webpage. Hope they are fixing that jumping jack issue with "Latest Update info".
it is working, try couple of times. it will work. i go the same when i try login 1st time today.

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
They are open, I had to send my photographs to them.
Also member @Wotsit sended his documents there and received his copr back from them last week
Yes they are open - I would raise another webform asking for an update. Was your COPR approved before March 18th? Mine was in April so I’m still waiting for the travel restrictions to be lifted before we can travel. Although I did raise a webform to both Canada and London office to say we are ready to travel anytime, and hoping they will issue us with an AL

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
Hi! I'm from Ukraine. VO London, UK.

Does anyone know is London United Kingdom VO operating currently?
I've faced with a contradictory information here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
and here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/index.aspx?lang=eng
states "temporary closed" and "reduced services" simultaneously.

19.08 - 4 point letter
28.08 - supporting documents, my reply and explanations provided
No reply since then
Yes they are open - I would raise another webform asking for an update. Was your COPR approved before March 18th? Mine was in April so I’m still waiting for the travel restrictions to be lifted before we can travel. Although I did raise a webform to both Canada and London office to say we are ready to travel anytime, and hoping they will issue us with an AL

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
I have expired COPR issued before 18 March.
My profile says: latest update, medical test passed. (Date is same as previous).
I saw this change last week. I haven't received any 4 pointer email, though I've sent 4 RTT webforms. Is there anyone who can comment on this?
Thanks