+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
So i just spoke to NDVO office on phone. They have suggested it would be only for my satisfaction i can send another webform to NDVO, it wont make any difference since sending it to either of them is same. i had asked if i will be requested to take remeds, he said only if they ask me to and each applicant's profile is different. He said same things about timelines, that they are working really hard to process it under these circumstances and cant promise a timeline. @whyCorona
That is a diplomatic answer which is expected from them. It is a waiting game and your webforms get attached to your application for review officer's considerations. No one knows the timelines when review officer is gonna access your application. Even people who have received 4 pointer emails are still waiting to get next instructions from IRCC.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
UPDATE: COPR EXPIRED APPLICANTS RECEIVING RE-MEDICALS REQUESTS - OTTAWA VO

Just 30 mins before, few applicants have confirmed that they have received re-medicals from Ottawa Visa Office.

Please keep checking your email and EE account if your VO is Ottawa.
Any further update from NDVO.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hey ,
i am in a similar situation . I have not heard anything back after 4 pointer email . I am in canada on TRV. I am going to do the same , cannot risk having another expired copr and going through this hassle . Would rather come back and quarantine
That's right! Even if we receive AL , our family still couldnt come because the PA is not landed yet. Unless they validated our copr first before issuing AL.
Please keep me/us posted if you hear anything back from them since we are in same situation. Thank you

Reactions: Cansav

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
To further this question, if you're already in Canada on a TRV but the application is being processed outside of Canada, can you still get the virtual landing or telephone interview? Wondering how on earth to land again without leaving Canada and thus needing to quarantine for 14 days upon returning. Is flagpoling the only option? or can you organise a visit to a VO or ircc branch in Canada?
I went to ircc branch and they were closed..

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Any further update from NDVO.
Yes, One of the update shared by an applicant today:

VO- NDVO
New counterfoil dates updated in Account !!
COPR Expiry - 16 Jul 2020
First RTT webform raised - 31 Aug 2020
Received 4 Pointer mail - 29th Sep
Replied on 4 pointer - 7th Oct
Sent One followup on 20th Oct
New Counterfoil details updated in account on 27th Oct
Validity of new counterfoil - 30-Nov-2020
Haven't raised any other RTT webforms.
Waiting for AL now.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

VO- NDVO
Waiting for AL now.
Applicant followed up through email or web form?
My COPR and medicals expired on May 15. If I add six months to that date then this six month long auto extension would end on November 15. NDVO seems not giving me AL before mid November and are waiting for this auto extension to expire so that they ask for remedical. They're making the extension to medicals worthless. Meanwhile, they're also issuing AL valid for two weeks. I have provided them with confirmed travel and stay itinerary which too expired on October 24. No idea what they're up to. They're not pleased in any manner.
Besides, there's no logic in sending those four pointer emails to applicants nearing their six month auto extension for medicals if they're not issuing AL unless they reappear for medicals.

Last edited:

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
COPR/PPR/PRTD in Ukraine - I'm looking to connect with others from Ukraine who is waiting for Kiev to process CoPR/PPR/PRTD. Thanks
Hi! I'm from Ukraine. VO London, UK.

Does anyone know is London United Kingdom VO operating currently?
I've faced with a contradictory information here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
and here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/index.aspx?lang=eng
states "temporary closed" and "reduced services" simultaneously.

19.08 - 4 point letter
28.08 - supporting documents, my reply and explanations provided
No reply since then

Reactions: kabzik

Lak123

Jan 31, 2020
Those of you who are noticing new counterfoil details in GC key : did you guys get an email that gckey is updated, or did you note the new details by proactively checking your gckey?

nehass

Dec 30, 2018

VO- NDVO
Waiting for AL now.
i got 4 pt email on 29 sept as well . havent heard anything yet what should i do ? send them webform or reply to same 4 point email??

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hi! I'm from Ukraine. VO London, UK.

Does anyone know is London United Kingdom VO operating currently?
I've faced with a contradictory information here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
and here https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/index.aspx?lang=eng
states "temporary closed" and "reduced services" simultaneously.

19.08 - 4 point letter
28.08 - supporting documents, my reply and explanations provided
No reply since then
They are open, I had to send my photographs to them.
Also member @Wotsit sended his documents there and received his copr back from them last week

Reactions: Wotsit

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Please has anyone been able to do soft landing, quarantine for 14 days and return home? Is this possible?
One member on this thread reported doing that. Then returned back after 2 or 3 weeks (cant recall).

Having said that he was fully aware that it is NOT the allowed path from IRCC perspective. As in, when you are landing, it is on the IRCC directive that you must NOT enter Canada for any temporary time or purpose of simply confirming your CoPR. Thus you would be untruthful at the point of landing as per IRCC - makes sense?

Other members have opined and I agree, one risks being questioned at a later date. Must prepare for questions and demonstrating reason for actions. Expect, prepare, plan so that you are taking an informed decision.