+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Got 4 pointer email on 2nd October.
Replied after much deliberation on 10 October. No itinerary / tickets attached - just stated some facts and proof of funds.
Still waiting for ETA or change in counterfoil dates in GC key.

Timelines:
----------------------------
Applied in Apr 2018
Redone medical checks again in 2019
Copr Received in Mar '20
Expired Apr '20

Never raised web-form
Received 4 pointer on 2 Oct.
----------------------------

Some summary observations from this community:
Looks like they are not issuing ETAs beyond 30 Oct.
Those receiving it get in within 7 to 10 days of replying to 4 pointer.
Just my observation - At this point it seems like they’re replying to those who have either given them a confirmed ticket of this month or a tentative date( someday in oct) to fly out and hence they’ve been prioritised and they’re issuing it to them till Oct 30th

I think the rest of us who’ve mentioned a later date to travel or who’ve simply said we’re ready to travel in the next 60 days without giving any specific date are still waiting for a response and might get one once they’ve finished with their ‘priority list’ I.e those travelling in oct

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Just my observation - At this point it seems like they’re replying to those who have either given them a confirmed ticket of this month or a tentative date( someday in oct) to fly out and hence they’ve been prioritised and they’re issuing it to them till Oct 30th

I think the rest of us who’ve mentioned a later date to travel or who’ve simply said we’re ready to travel in the next 60 days without giving any specific date are still waiting for a response and might get one once they’ve finished with their ‘priority list’ I.e those travelling in oct
I highly doubt that because I have given confirmed itinerary for flight and stay for this month and am still waiting for AL. I also provided my relieving letter and interview schedule email from Canadian employer.

Last edited:
Reactions: sudhach91

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I highly doubt that because I have given confirmed itinerary for flight and stay for this month and am still waiting for AL. I also provided my relieving letter and interview schedule email from Canadian employer.
It’s only a matter of time then, you should be receiving it soon! I hope you do!

If not, then I guess there’s no logical process they’re following , they’re truly just picking people randomly and responding.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
The Minister and IRCC wasted all this time of applicants only to realize that China virus has become worse ! Such an Intelligent bunch ! Even an un educated person could see this coming !

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
It’s only a matter of time then, you should be receiving it soon! I hope you do!

If not, then I guess there’s no logical process they’re following , they’re truly just picking people randomly and responding.
Exactly, that's what they're doing. Random pick and process.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi guys,

This might help few, just now I saw this

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family membersponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time).

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi! Anyone who received the oct.2 4pointer email got their AL?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
What if they are gonna request for Passport submission after 31st October as per their recent tweet?

Canada's Visa Application Centres in India will remain closed for the month of October. We are working to implement a passport submission service. Further instructions will be sent directly to applicants. Unsolicited passports will be returned without being processed.

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone, I am just like you in a similar situation. My husband and I were supposed to travel on 23rd march this year but we could not due to the lockdown and our COPR expired in April. We have raised multiple web forms since then, ready to travel forms and have tried taking help from my brother who is a Canadian citizen. Unfortunately, we are stuck in our home countries with no jobs, savings going down the drain and no hope to hear back from the New Delhi visa office which not only worsens our anxiety everyday but also frustrates us towards the casual attitude of NDVO. I read people talking about the 4 point email and CIC account status changing but for us, nothing has changed except that we are extremely depressed. If you are reading this and you think you have a solution for this, please help.

Reactions: FrancineB

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I am just like you in a similar situation. My husband and I were supposed to travel on 23rd march this year but we could not due to the lockdown and our COPR expired in April. We have raised multiple web forms since then, ready to travel forms and have tried taking help from my brother who is a Canadian citizen. Unfortunately, we are stuck in our home countries with no jobs, savings going down the drain and no hope to hear back from the New Delhi visa office which not only worsens our anxiety everyday but also frustrates us towards the casual attitude of NDVO. I read people talking about the 4 point email and CIC account status changing but for us, nothing has changed except that we are extremely depressed. If you are reading this and you think you have a solution for this, please help.
It's so sad that you along with many of us are suffering.But honestly there is no solution to this problem.People have been tweeting and mailing since months but they pay no heed.We can just wait and watch.

Reactions: hinavin