+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hey Guys

Has anyone staying in the US has a COPR which has expired and you were not able to travel before the expiry? Any idea how long it is taking to get the extension? What I gather from reading the forum is that it depends on the VO office, my VO is Ottawwa but I have an Indian passport. I want to apply for extension as I should be good to travel in Dec - 2020. Can anyone guide me how long it is taking to get the extension (my CoPR was issued on July 5, 2020)?

Thanks

Hi,
I raised ready to travel webform a week back and I have not heard anything yet.I will update If i have any information.
THanks

Reactions: sm89
Jul 23, 2018
Hey everyone, my COPR expired in June, we could not land due to COVID and it was issued before March 18. Now, I have been reading that even if I am ready to travel, Cic won't extend it till I prove to them that I am planning to move permanently. Is this true? Due to some issues I cant move permanently this year.

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Given that you have a family it likely isn't feasible to quarantine with his family unless you are able to remain in a basement that has a bathroom and you are left food outside your door. I think that your brother and his family leaving their home is the best idea.
Thx for your response again. Yes, we have narrowed down to two options:
1. He goes to his friends house.
2. He quarantines with us for 14 days.

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello, I have moved after my quarantine to another place, that's where my PR card was waiting for me. Do I have to update my current address somewhere? Do I have to update my current address for SIN as well?

Thank you for all your tops.
Hello Captain, did u apply for SIN online? What address proof you provided ? Any help would be appreciated.

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi Guys as we are waiting for IRCC response for extension and offices to be open, so meanwhile just discuss about the Covid test while traveling to Canada.
It is big confusion, we need a negative covid rest report while boarding or it is not required.
If anyone traveled in last few weeks please share your experience when you enter Airport. It is very important topic too.
Thanks

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys as we are waiting for IRCC response for extension and offices to be open, so meanwhile just discuss about the Covid test while traveling to Canada.
It is big confusion, we need a negative covid rest report while boarding or it is not required.
If anyone traveled in last few weeks please share your experience when you enter Airport. It is very important topic too.
Thanks
i boarded a flight at Chennai and I was not asked for a COVID19 negative certificate by airport officials nor by AI flight staff.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hi, did anyone open tax free savings account? It requires SIN, but since it is not a great year for employees, I wanted to use it...is it safe (in terms of submitting your SIN number to the bank)?

SambaBlue

Mar 6, 2020
Hi Guys, I would like to share my experience.
My PPR was early march and CoPR expiry date was first week of September. We were based in Riyadh and Saudi Arabia has commercial flights suspended from March till now. Only special flights are being operative.

We waited patiently in hope of the travel ban being lifted but nothing came up. Therefore, mid-August we decided to get special flights and move over to Canada - since jobs are still being done on remote basis (so it was not a problem).

We took KLM flight (they had requirement to get Covid-test done not more than 72 hours before the flight). Our flight was 24th early morning. We did our tests on 21st night and got results 22nd early morning.

After landing at Canada Airport on 24th August morning:
1. Immigration Officer (1st):
After getting off from plane, we got to the first screening immigration officer. He looked at our passports and KLM own health screening checks. He inquired us the purpose to which we responded that we are landing first time. He asked us if we have the 14 day quarantine plan ready to which we responded that yes we booked furnished apartment for more than 14 days. He asked if other people were living to which we replied that no one else will live with us in the apartment. He asked how we will manage groceries - to which we responded that we will do online. Then he directed us to go inside to complete the first landing documentation requirement.

2. Immigration Officer (2nd):
It was not crowded but officers took time to process each individual cases. Our turn - it was very smooth. The officer asked us for CoPRs and passports. Checked the details and gave us CoPR client copy to us. Asked us for the permanent address to which PR cards will be delivered. Informed us that normally it took 6 weeks before covid for the cards, now it would be longer. She suggested that it would be better to get PR cards and then leave the country, however, if we need to go before we get the PR card, it is not a problem. In case we want to come back and don't have PR card, we will have to get a visa from embassy in our country and we could come easily. Then we asked if we can get our SIN number from the airport. She checked and responded that ppl from SIN offices are not coming to Airport branch but we can do it easily from anywhere in Canada after our 14 day quarantine. Then she stamped our CoPRs and gave us back our passport. Welcomed us to Canada as Permanent Residents and told us that CoPR would act like PR card for anything that we want to do until we get PR cards.

3. Baggage:
By the time we cleared immigration, our baggage were all there and we collected and proceeded to Customs.

4. Customs:
We went through "To Declare" section and gave Goods accompanying and Goods to Follow list to the Custom Officer. Please make sure you have 2 copies of these lists. We only took one and the poor guy had to do the copy for his record himself. He asked for a permanent address here. We gave him the same address as we gave for the PR cards. It was an address of family friend.

After clearing customs we exited the Airport and got to our place via Uber. This is the latest landing experience. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out.
PR Card Update Status:
Landing Date: 24 August 2020
Linked PR application to CIC account: 31 August 2020
PR cards approved and mailed notification: 12 September 2020
PR cards received in mail: 21 September 2020

Finally the PR journey has ended successfully.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
PR Card Update Status:
Landing Date: 24 August 2020
Linked PR application to CIC account: 31 August 2020
PR cards approved and mailed notification: 12 September 2020
PR cards received in mail: 21 September 2020

Finally the PR journey has ended successfully.
Awesome news! Congrats and now you move on in the process of becoming a citizen! I’m happy to hear that it look less than a month for you to get the PR card. That’s great. All the best!

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi All,
My COPR expired in June.I raised a ready to travel webform last week and did not get any response of it's acknowledgement till now. Usually they respond within a week for any webform query. Should I just wait or raise another form? I am currently in US and I will be moving to Canada permanently.
Thanks!

3WWW

Apr 20, 2019
Hi all,

My CoPR expired in May 2019. I am wondering if there is any time limit to apply for extension from the date of expiration of our CoPR. I am trying to avoid traveling right now so is there any communication or insight on how long can we wait before submitting "the ready to travel" webform. Appreciate any information

Reactions: Adam261