+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I have a
It all depends upon immigration officer. As per some landing experiences posted on this thread immigration officers just asked for quarantine address and plan for getting the groceries and medicines without going into too much details. If the house has separate entrance for you then I don't think your brother needs to leave the house. Lot of people have quarantined at their friends and relatives house.

For your own satisfaction, you can keep Plan B with you of making your brother and his family to leave the house for 14 days. If officer gets into too much details regarding your quarantine stay then initiate Plan B.

When Canada is gonna open border for Tourists? Good question. I guess we need to wait for vaccine to come out.

Can your parents travel as immediate family members after you activate your PR status upon landing? Immediate family members of PR holders are exempted from travel restrictions.
I have a question though, What if i give my friend's address where i am planning to quarantine in his apartment?.Is that possible?.Do i have to give a letter from my friends saying he's ready to provide essentials and groceries?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have a

I have a question though, What if i give my friend's address where i am planning to quarantine in his apartment?.Is that possible?.Do i have to give a letter from my friends saying he's ready to provide essentials and groceries?
Your quarantine stay should have separate room and bathroom which you can use. If thats the case with your friend's apartment then you can quarantine there and your friend can provide you the essentials to survive for 14 days. No letter is required from your friend. You only need to convince immigration officer when asked.

Reactions: Adam261

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Your quarantine stay should have separate room and bathroom which you can use. If thats the case with your friend's apartment then you can quarantine there and your friend can provide you the essentials to survive for 14 days. No letter is required from your friend. You only need to convince immigration officer when asked.
Yes, I think he has separate room as he suggested me to move in with him.

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
It all depends upon immigration officer. As per some landing experiences posted on this thread immigration officers just asked for quarantine address and plan for getting the groceries and medicines without going into too much details. If the house has separate entrance for you then I don't think your brother needs to leave the house. Lot of people have quarantined at their friends and relatives house.

For your own satisfaction, you can keep Plan B with you of making your brother and his family to leave the house for 14 days. If officer gets into too much details regarding your quarantine stay then initiate Plan B.

When Canada is gonna open border for Tourists? Good question. I guess we need to wait for vaccine to come out.

Can your parents travel as immediate family members after you activate your PR status upon landing? Immediate family members of PR holders are exempted from travel restrictions.
Again, thanks for your reply. Regarding parents of immediate family members - my brother is already a PR holder. Our parents don't have a visa yet. So, can they get the visa to travel to Canada? If yes, will you be able to share the procedure?

Regarding quarantine with my brother's family, he does have 4 rooms & 2 bathrooms but a common kitchen. Practically, it's difficult not to interact with each other in a house, that's why he himself suggested that he will leave the house as he has many friends. Anyways, thanks for your suggestions!

sm89

Sep 5, 2020
Hey Guys

Has anyone staying in the US has a COPR which has expired and you were not able to travel before the expiry? Any idea how long it is taking to get the extension? What I gather from reading the forum is that it depends on the VO office, my VO is Ottawwa but I have an Indian passport. I want to apply for extension as I should be good to travel in Dec - 2020. Can anyone guide me how long it is taking to get the extension (my CoPR was issued on July 5, 2020)?

Thanks

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
My parents COPR is expiring on Oct 14 and they are not comfortable to travel now. Shall I let the COPR expire and just hope that it will be extended in the future?

sm89

Sep 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I received CoPR and PRV 20 may which expired 21 july. I had raised a webform and got an extension for 3 months ( automatic reply). I am little bit confused now , have no idea how to proceed with IRCC.
Can you help me understand where you are based? Most people have to wait for months to get an extension. I know I am not answering your question but this is the first time I have seen someone getting extension so easily.

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Raised the ready to travel webform on 1st August.
Got an e mail today -
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Hey, were you able to get your travel documents renewed?

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Guys I’m planning to raise ready to travel webform but have an issue with my PoF.

When I was about to leave for Canada . I transferred half the amount of POF in joint account ( Either or survivor) with my father so that my father could deal with transfer of funds to Canada. I was trying to transfer money to Scotiabank from an Indian bank. However, the Indian bank had an issue with me being the beneficiary and joint account holder at the same time . So , the said wire transfer never happened and I transferred the money back to my individual account via check . Now it’s been about five months, that pof has been in my individual account. The half of pof might have stayed in joint account with my father for around 7 days or so .

Should I get my father to sign an affidavit stating that he lays no claim on the transferred fund.? A gift deed seems out of place as I transferred the amount my from joint account to individual account myself.
I think you are good to go. You have funds in your account now for your use and that's good enough. Where those funds were in past is somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. An application process can take a long time and you are under no obligation, as I see it, to keep your initial POF amount untouched in a typical low-interest bank account till you land in Canada. You are likely just overthinking. :)

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Has anyone had any luck so far in trying to force the issue with IRCC with booked travel when requesting an extension? I recall a few people on here already booking flights without having received an ETA

We're getting frustrated/desperate enough to gamble booking flights and accomodation in order to speed up a possible decision. Our "Express' Entry PR journey started in 2017... & am just about ready to throw in the towel.

SambaBlue

Mar 6, 2020
Hi. Did you take a lease agreement for the furnished apartment? They do that when you are still outside Canada?
No nothing. We booked these apartments through booking.com website. Filter out by apartments and kitchen and you will get the desired results.