+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, Sorry to bother if it is already answered elsewhere in the form but just want to know more about this what is "Ready to travel"? Is this new procedure to get PPR?
My AOR is Nov 7th and still waiting for PPR, it would really help me if I can know more info on getting PPR.
The ready to travel webform is for those who already had their applications Approved, counterfoil in passport and CoPR letters received but the documents expired before they could travel due to the pandemic. It’s a measure put in place so that ETAs can be sent out without requesting a passport and getting new CoPRs. Although some offices have requested the resubmission of passports/CoPR documents.
In short, if your application has not yet been completed/approved, the Ready to Travel webform is not applicable to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloCanada910

Lak123

Jan 31, 2020
I think family reunification cases are being prioritized right now looking at the above responses..I just hope our turn comes soon..Ircc is also starting biometrics from october for pr applicants.So I just keep my fingers crossed that we get ETA in October...
Hi.. How did you get to know that IRCC is starting biometrics from Oct? Any links for this?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hey love, my husband’s VO is Accra, Ghana. But the email doesn’t seem to have been sent by the VO office directly. No indication in the email address that is was the Accra VO, it just refers to IRCC.
Have you replied to this mail?Are you going to make bookings and give them the details?Do you have any job offer letter?

Reactions: CountessO

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
My husband just received this email as well. I too have sponsored my spouse. They are asking the same of all those who are Ready to Travel regardless of which process they applied through. It’s made to make sure that people are not just traveling to complete their paperwork.
You don’t have to provide a lease agreement a home address is fine.
In regards to proof of funds, even though we have sponsored them and are technically responsible for them financially over the course of two years, this is just a general email for all. I’m sure you can provide your own financial statement if your wife does not have one and explain that you will be responsible for her during the duration of her stay. Also, make sure to mention that if your wife will be quarantining where you live that you also will be quarantining with her.
This is one step closer for them to finally get here.
Perfect, thanks!
Is your visa office NDVO as well?
I will attach my bank statement

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Hi, Sorry to bother if it is already answered elsewhere in the form but just want to know more about this what is "Ready to travel"? Is this new procedure to get PPR?
My AOR is Nov 7th and still waiting for PPR, it would really help me if I can know more info on getting PPR.
As answered already 'ready to travel' is only applicable for the candidate whose COPR and travel docs have expired and are now ready to travel to Canada. Hope it helps.

Sep 12, 2019
Hi People,

Just sharing my experience, it may help someone and give hope to all:

- I applied in 2019 from my Country (Brazil), AOR 11/Nov/2019, was expected to have my CoPR in May/2020, but Covid Happened
- Moved to Canada in Mar/2020
- Application was finished, but no CoPR and PPR because all VACs are closed EXCEPT VAC New York (Started receiving passports again in July/20)
- Send an email to Visa Office where my file was being processed (Mexico for some reason), asking if they could send my PPR specifically for the VAC NY, since its the only one receiving passports at the moment. They sent it.
- Received PPR specifically for VAC NY, so I sent my passports there with the pictures.
- Received back my passports with Visa and CoPR less than a week after (Used DHL return envelope), but now had to wait for IRCC to call me and arrange an interview because all borders are closed (GOD DAMN YOU COVID)
- Sent an email to CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca explaining that I needed my CoPR validated ASAP because I no longer have a valid visitor visa (more than 6 months I am in Canada) and asking for a phone or email interview
- Got a reply in 3 days with an official letter from IRCC stating that I am now a permanent resident and am able to apply for SIN, services and benefits.

I was supposed to have my CoPR way before the covid outbreak, at least that's what I discovered from the GCMS notes I ordered 3 times, but luckily I managed to get all the documents in order despite all the closures.

If anyone wants more detail about any step of my process, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hello, I have moved after my quarantine to another place, that's where my PR card was waiting for me. Do I have to update my current address somewhere? Do I have to update my current address for SIN as well?

Thank you for all your tops.

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello, I have moved after my quarantine to another place, that's where my PR card was waiting for me. Do I have to update my current address somewhere? Do I have to update my current address for SIN as well?

Thank you for all your tops.
If you have received SIN paper or PR, you don't need to update the address. Otherwise, you need to update your mailing address via calling or web form in order to receive them in a timely manner.