+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
My parents COPR was approved on March 16, 2020 and expiring on October 10, 2020.
They are unwilling to travel at the moment. SHould I stay put or raise a webform stating that they are unwilling to travel now?

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Hi. Did you get your answer? Also, how is the 'ready to travel' webform different from other webforms? Any specific link? Thank you
Hey. Yes i raised another webform asking for my VO and i got to know it is Sydney Nova Scotia. Webforms are basically to inform for any changes or updates in our application from applicants end. Procedure is same for any webform, the drop down list has various reasons for why you choose to raise it. Choose accordingly.

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Hey. Yes i raised another webform asking for my VO and i got to know it is Sydney Nova Scotia. Webforms are basically to inform for any changes or updates in our application from applicants end. Procedure is same for any webform, the drop down list has various reasons for why you choose to raise it. Choose accordingly.
Have you contacted your VO directly yet? If so, did you get any response? I just found out my VO is Sydney, Nova Scotia as well and was wondering if it was worth chasing them rather than contacting the general IRCC team

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Have you contacted your VO directly yet? If so, did you get any response? I just found out my VO is Sydney, Nova Scotia as well and was wondering if it was worth chasing them rather than contacting the general IRCC team
No i searched for email ids where we can drop them emails like people with NDVO as their VO's do, but to no avail. I have just raised the one ready to travel on 1st Aug, Got generic response from them after 4 business days, That's all. Waiting to hear from them since like everyone else.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
No. Not a single member here on this forum has reported receiving eTA or CoPR extension themselves.

There has been one report of someone else (friend of a friend type of thing) who received at eTA from New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO), India. Others have requested for facebook page link - yet awaited.
so an update, we received a reply on our webform that we raised for extension of copr expired on 4 July. They asked us to write to Delhi Canadian high commission as our file is there. This is 10 time they asked us to do that. When we write to Delhi high commission they askus to contact ircc. What the hell are these guys doing . Is there Anyone who contacted Delhi high commission with a positive reply?

Reactions: hinavin

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
so an update, we received a reply on our webform that we raised for extension of copr expired on 4 July. They asked us to write to Delhi Canadian high commission as our file is there. This is 10 time they asked us to do that. When we write to Delhi high commission they askus to contact ircc. What the hell are these guys doing . Is there Anyone who contacted Delhi high commission with a positive reply?
Nope..nothing regarding copr extension

bhattdika20

Jul 7, 2020
london
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
london
AOR Received.
Feb 2020
I finally got a reply on Sept 2nd to an email I sent them on Aug 10th, but the reply came from the general IRCC 'do not reply' email address (like you would expect when submitting a web form) instead of the usual direct London Immigration email.
Hi, What did the mail state? if you don't mind sharing

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Untill unless travel ban is lifted .... You will not be able to travel to Ottawa directly ..... However you can take London Toronto Ottawa or london Montreal ottawa route.
Thanks for the response. I think I will avoid the uncertainty and take London/Toronto/Ottawa route :)

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Hi, What did the mail state? if you don't mind sharing
Nothing remotely exciting I'm afraid!

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Regarding your case status enquiry please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Please rest assured that your documents have been received and you will be contacted further in due course.

Visit our website often to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, and citizenship and passport services:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Do not recollect any extension reported here, directly.

There are chances of applicant having received it but is not on these forums - hence no one here has heard it.

Also, there was a 'friend of a friend' on facebook, someone reported on this very thread. But upon being asked specific questions, or confirmation that it was from NDVO, Indian national etc - there just a dead end. So take it as you will.:)

Several confirmed eTAs (eletronic travel authorisations - which are like an email generated permission) from several countries have been reported and successfully landed as well. Kazakh, Pakistan, London UK, Algeria etc. Just none from India.

Best wishes,
Nav

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
My husband got a new ppr last week
Congratulations Eugene!

Please can you share, which country and VO your hubby has? Also, have they asked for the physical passport for re-stamping or was it n eTA (electronic/email authorisation letter)?

We are all languishing - thus thrilled that at least some folks are succeeding in renewed CoPRs. :)

EugeneHD

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Congratulations Eugene!

Please can you share, which country and VO your hubby has? Also, have they asked for the physical passport for re-stamping or was it n eTA (electronic/email authorisation letter)?

We are all languishing - thus thrilled that at least some folks are succeeding in renewed CoPRs. :)
My husband’s VO is México. They asked for the physical passport to be returned as well as the expired COPR.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
NDVO will most probably be asking for resubmitting of passport as well, to delay things as much as possible , although they say they will give ETA , there words are just not worth it !!

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
I am travelling on 25th of this month
Oh great, ok please do help us with ur journey experience as I m travelling after that. Also do u know if we need to do covid test prior to boarding ? N what’s the validity period of that test.