+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

NarendarM

Apr 13, 2019
AOR Received.
29-05-2019
Is anyone travelling from Delhi, India to Toronto on 26th Sept, 2020 12:30 AM with Aircanada flight?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I have received the same reply, so waiting for more instructions from them.
Kindly share as you receive any update from them. I'll do the same.

Thank you,
SWD
Hi shilpa.
May i know What supporting documents did you submit ?. I have only mentioned in the Webform saying that i will be staying at my friend's apartment and he will provide me all the essentials and groceries. Would that suffice?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I have received the same reply, so waiting for more instructions from them.
Kindly share as you receive any update from them. I'll do the same.

Thank you,
SWD
I had received a different reply on sept 1 when i raised ready to travel webform.saying this. Generic response as below.. At this point , its hard to say what is more an appropriate response unless we receive an authorisation letter.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your ability to travel to Canada to complete your landing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Has anyone With valid copr recently travelled in direct flight from Delhi to Toronto via Air Canada. Although , I think it’s part of air bubble but just wanted to get someone to confirm just for peace of mind

NarendarM

Apr 13, 2019
AOR Received.
29-05-2019
Has anyone With valid copr recently travelled in direct flight from Delhi to Toronto via Air Canada. Although , I think it’s part of air bubble but just wanted to get someone to confirm just for peace of mind
I am travelling on 25th of this month

Jasmeen2

May 8, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone received COPR in the FSW category recently? It's been an year i applied for PR but i am still waiting.

Thanks.

EthanCanada

Oct 9, 2019
What do you mean by 'booked it when I was eligible and exempt' ? If your COPR was issued after March 18 then you were never eligible nor exempt. Are you saying you booked the tickets before March 18?
I checked the website on the 24th August and the restrictions allowed COPR after march 18th (you can see the travel restrictions page on internet archive). It was modified roughly two weeks later to the current restriction. Hopefully I'll get my flight refunded but the Airbnb won't refund me.

Reactions: BillyWescott

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I had received a different reply on sept 1 when i raised ready to travel webform.saying this. Generic response as below.. At this point , its hard to say what is more an appropriate response unless we receive an authorisation letter.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your ability to travel to Canada to complete your landing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Your Visa Office please?

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
1) I had travel insurance but no one asked me about any medical arrangements. It could be I was not asked just out if luck
2) I said online and my friends will drop food contactless if need be. That was accepted
3) once you pass customs, you can take any transportation you wish. As the quarentine rule advices private vehicle and directly from the airport, I took Uber and went directly to my Airbnb
Thanks this is quite helpful.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hi all,
I had to place my Express entry Canada relocation plan on hold earlier this year due to Covid and now I am ready to move but my COPR has expired. I will be permanently relocating from the US and planning to cross land border at Detroit crossing. I have contacted IRCC via web form.

My question: as I am relocating from the USA and I have documented proof of meeting all the criteria (proof of funds, job, quarantine plan etc), can I cross the border with my expired COPR or do I need to wait to be granted a COPR extension?
Appreciate all help and advice.
Thanks,
Jay

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for the response, @pkhare23. Since my CoPR has expired for about 4 months now, I am concerned if I will be asked to redo the medicals along with IELTS or PCC.

1. I thought for land border crossing, the 14-day quarantine period was not necessary. I remember reading a couple of posts in other threads where people have taken rental cars, crossed the border and returned back the same day.

2. I certainly want to move permanently. However, I am tentatively looking at early next year since I need to complete a few things in the US. For proof of settling, do you know if an Airbnb rental for a month could act as sufficient evidence?I don't think everyone moving to Canada would have a job and accommodation sorted prior to landing.
You will not be required to redo PCC and IELTS ..... however depending on your VO they might ask you to redo the medicals or extend them. Decision lies with VO.
only one couple was able to cross border and return back the same day.. rest all of them had to spend 14 days quarantine in Canada.

2. No Airbnb rental itself wont help convince VO. You will need more detailed and comprehensive plan like how you plan to find a job, how will you support yourself and stuff.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
You will not be required to redo PCC and IELTS ..... however depending on your VO they might ask you to redo the medicals or extend them. Decision lies with VO.
only one couple was able to cross border and return back the same day.. rest all of them had to spend 14 days quarantine in Canada.

2. No Airbnb rental itself wont help convince VO. You will need more detailed and comprehensive plan like how you plan to find a job, how will you support yourself and stuff.
Thank you for the response. I appreciate your insight and suggestions.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

It seems that the bar for entry and COPR extension is quite high right now - all those proof of settlement plus compelling reasons. So I was just wondering, has anybody asked IRCC if it is OK for us to just wait till all travel restrictions are lifted? If so, what replies did you get? Logically that sounds true but I am a bit worried if that would be considered too long after COPR expiration by IRCC.

Thanks!