+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Since your COPR is already expired why the hurry to land ??

1. Unless you work in healthcare or medical services in US and are urgently required to report back to work. CBSA officers won't allow you return immediately after finishing up the landing formalities for land border landing.

2. Unless you provide enough evidence that you are ready to settle permanently in Canada( resignation.letter from current job, lease or Airbnb rentals more than month and other supporting documents). They won't issue you a E-AL to travel.
Thanks for the response, @pkhare23. Since my CoPR has expired for about 4 months now, I am concerned if I will be asked to redo the medicals along with IELTS or PCC.

1. I thought for land border crossing, the 14-day quarantine period was not necessary. I remember reading a couple of posts in other threads where people have taken rental cars, crossed the border and returned back the same day.

2. I certainly want to move permanently. However, I am tentatively looking at early next year since I need to complete a few things in the US. For proof of settling, do you know if an Airbnb rental for a month could act as sufficient evidence?I don't think everyone moving to Canada would have a job and accommodation sorted prior to landing.

nlkc

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

My story - COPR issued on March 4th and PRV expired on June 18th. Raised a webform before expiration and they asked us to contact once ready to travel. Now, raised another webform in August for 'Ready to Travel' along with quarantine plans, job information and proof of funds. Our plan is to drive down to Toronto. Anybody on this forum who are in the US and got travel approval? Thank you!

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Hello, does anyone know how exactly ArriveCAN work? I filled out the information on the app and we'll be entering by land via Fort Erie (Peace Bridge) and the app has no option to print out a form or view a QR/Bar Code to present to the border, it only says that I must come back to the app within 48 hours of entering Canada.

How would the border officers know about our Quarantine plans? Do they look up information on their system that I've entered on the app or do they have to look at my phone and check it? Thanks!
I flew in so I don't know if by land it will be different. I had ArriveCan filled in but on the plane they gave us the paper version of it. That's where everyone had to fill quarentine address. Uniformed guy ( I think border control) was checking that before letting us off the plane. And we have to hand over that at border control. My guess is they can read that info via QR when you show them the app or they will ask you to fill the paper form

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I believe the air bubble with Canada has been reported since Mid August but nothing has changed as far as the restrictions that Canada has imposed go so only people who satisfy any of the exemptions can get on those flights. Indian media have been quite misleading so ignore them. If IRCC or CBSA or anyone officially announces any changes then that is the only one we need to pay attention to.
I think the limited no of Delhi Toronto air Canada flights are part of that bubble only.
As apart from bbm whatever flights are flying they are under agreement.Though no is less..

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone. Had a couple of queries if anyone can help.
1. What are we supposed to write for our medical care arrangement? We'd be carrying basic medicines from here and take the health insurance also but is there anything else that we are supposed to mention?
2. Is it ok to say that our relatives will provide groceries etc contactless at our place of quarantine? We will order online also but they will help with food etc for our kids.
3. What kind of transport is available at the airport? Are there any special taxis etc that we are supposed to take to the place of quarantine? Been searching online, but no luck.
Would really appreciate information on the above points. Thanks
1) I had travel insurance but no one asked me about any medical arrangements. It could be I was not asked just out if luck
2) I said online and my friends will drop food contactless if need be. That was accepted
3) once you pass customs, you can take any transportation you wish. As the quarentine rule advices private vehicle and directly from the airport, I took Uber and went directly to my Airbnb

Reactions: gmehta

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey guys..... I am a PR holder and my wife will be joining with here in September. I was planning to the extended lease of the current place where I am staying its private basement apartment with separate entrance, washroom, and kitchen. As soon as My wife I arrive I was planning to take leave from work for 14 days to follow quarantine protocol. But the only issue is that my landlords who are living on the main floor are elderly retired couples who may fall into the vulnerable category. But we rarely come in contact with each other in the driveway of our house, which could be avoided if we are even more careful. should I find someplace else because of this issue??? TIA

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hey guys..... I am a PR holder and my wife will be joining with here in September. I was planning to the extended lease of the current place where I am staying its private basement apartment with separate entrance, washroom, and kitchen. As soon as My wife I arrive I was planning to take leave from work for 14 days to follow quarantine protocol. But the only issue is that my landlords who are living on the main floor are elderly retired couples who may fall into the vulnerable category. But we rarely come in contact with each other in the driveway of our house, which could be avoided if we are even more careful. should I find someplace else because of this issue??? TIA
You are fine staying in your home. So long as you and your wife quarantine together in the basement apartment for the mandatory 14 day period and don’t come in contact with anyone else, you should be fine. Just make sure to arrange having your necessities prepared or to have a delivery option ready in case you need something. Wishing your wife safe travels. Hopefully we’ll all be traveling soon.

Reactions: abrahamp

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a CoPR issued before March 18, 2020 & expiring on Jan 3, 2021. I am planning to move (with family) in December 2020 from India.
I was reading about "Who can enter Canada?" on the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter
In that article it is mentioned that
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

I understand that we are exempt from travel restrictions. My question is How to justify that we are travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose?

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
I have received the same reply, so waiting for more instructions from them.
Kindly share as you receive any update from them. I'll do the same.

Thank you,
SWD

Dear Client,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Clients with expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) documents remain a priority. However, there have been many service disruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you have not already done so, please submit documents supporting your ability to relocate to Canada permanently using the webform. Please ensure your wait for IRCC to respond regarding next steps and do not make travel arrangements until you receive the appropriate authorization.

You are also encouraged to register for settlement services, which are now available in India by phone or video. You can register at www.planningforcanada.ca to set up a session.

For regular updates please continue to follow us on social media by clicking the Twitter and Facebook icons below.

Regards,

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have a CoPR issued before March 18, 2020 & expiring on Jan 3, 2021. I am planning to move (with family) in December 2020 from India.
I was reading about "Who can enter Canada?" on the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter
In that article it is mentioned that
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

I understand that we are exempt from travel restrictions. My question is How to justify that we are travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose?
Hey since your COPR was issued before March 18th, you are exempted from the travel restrictions, you can carry a printout of the article from cic news or ircc website. Also as long as you are flying to move and settle permanently with a valid COPR there should be no issue as alot of people on this group have flown with their valid COPRs

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Hey since your COPR was issued before March 18th, you are exempted from the travel restrictions, you can carry a printout of the article from cic news or ircc website. Also as long as you are flying to move and settle permanently with a valid COPR there should be no issue as alot of people on this group have flown with their valid COPRs
Thanks for your prompt response! It's just that, I didn't find any article on the official websites which state that "flying to move and settle permanently with a valid COPR " is an essential (non-discretionary) purpose. I know that many people are flying with conditions similar to my case but I wanted a documentary proof to be 100% sure, if possible.