+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am sorry I know that is not the right thread but I can't get an answer anywhere else.
"Divorce before landing but after COPR".

I am the Primary applicant in Express Entry (Skilled Worker) and my wife and child are secondary applicants. We were granted COPR and PR visa but we have Not landed yet.

If there is a divorce before landing what happens to Secondary applicants (My wife and Child)?

Will they still be able to land and get their PR status? Also, should I inform IRCC?

Finally, will this affect my application or my COPR and PR visa as a primary applicant?

Thank you and hope I can get help on this matter.
I am not an expert but below thread could provide you some insight regarding your situation:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/divorce-before-the-landing-and-after-copr.620230/

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
My Husbands COPR expired in July and he had received the COPR on 15th March. have written several times to New Delhi Immigration and raised IRCC webforms (ready to travel) etc etc.. initially they swinged us to and from (New delhi immigration asking us to raise web form and wen we did that, IRCC agent asking us to reach out to Delhi Immigration) . Finally with all the attachments and stuff my husband raised a new Web form regarding COPR extension and ready to travel plan as he falls under all categories they mentioned for providing COPR extension, however since then we havent received any response from IRCC so not sure what their plan is or when they will be issuing the ETAs for expired COPRs. Has any one from New Delhi received extension yet?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
My Husbands COPR expired in July and he had received the COPR on 15th March. have written several times to New Delhi Immigration and raised IRCC webforms (ready to travel) etc etc.. initially they swinged us to and from (New delhi immigration asking us to raise web form and wen we did that, IRCC agent asking us to reach out to Delhi Immigration) . Finally with all the attachments and stuff my husband raised a new Web form regarding COPR extension and ready to travel plan as he falls under all categories they mentioned for providing COPR extension, however since then we havent received any response from IRCC so not sure what their plan is or when they will be issuing the ETAs for expired COPRs. Has any one from New Delhi received extension yet?
No. Not a single member here on this forum has reported receiving eTA or CoPR extension themselves.

There has been one report of someone else (friend of a friend type of thing) who received at eTA from New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO), India. Others have requested for facebook page link - yet awaited.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. Not a single member here on this forum has reported receiving eTA or CoPR extension themselves.

There has been one report of someone else (friend of a friend type of thing) who received at eTA from New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO), India. Others have requested for facebook page link - yet awaited.
Some here received eta or copr and visa extensions

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Today it seems high commission of Canada has opened.As when I called yesterday it said we are presently closed.but today epbx was going on with its options though it didn't take me to any agent.Hopefully they start working soon.

Reactions: smithplato

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
My landing experience: Pretty Smooth!

Took Emirates from karachi via dxb to Toronto. CBSA officer asked politely:
the reason for coming to Canada,
then asked where you would stay,
is that place is good enough for you to spend 14 days
how much money you brought.. i told her that few hundred bucks as carrying cash is hassle for me
then asked the questions mentioned in copr document and asked me to initial on my each answer along with signature at the bottom.

she said at tge moment you can't get a SIN as no one is present at workplace so have to apply online. for PR card she saod it will be processed in 4 months time approx.

then she said now you permanent resident and welcome to Canada.
she dint screw me at all with lot of questioning etc.

so guys dont worry about anything just stay confident n cool. thats all i can say.
does ur copr was expaired????
how did u get the eta if it eas rxpaired??

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
i think until NDVO opens properly, they aren't going to issues us ETAs, Hopefully this week we get some good news on twitter about their opening.
im based in riyadh
i sopke to vac riyadh they said they dont issue eta
they only issue visas
eta has to be issued from ircc and embassy has to do some thing with it

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Today it seems high commission of Canada has opened.As when I called yesterday it said we are presently closed.but today epbx was going on with its options though it didn't take me to any agent.Hopefully they start working soon.
That's great news!! I really hope they have opened and they start working soon!

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
im based in riyadh
i sopke to vac riyadh they said they dont issue eta
they only issue visas
eta has to be issued from ircc and embassy has to do some thing with it
Did you submit a ready to travel webform? Did your VAC in Riyadh say anything about what their process will be? I think different VACs in different countries are handling things differently because on this thread itself i had read about Paris VO issuing ETAs and somewhere else extended that persons COPR medical expiry date to 2021. I think in India NDVO may stick to issuing ETAs only because of the high volume of expired COPRs they have to deal with. This is just my opinion.