+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
Hi, has anyone in India received their COPR extension or travel authorisation yet?

I have filled out the webform a couple of times in August, but have only received generic responses from IRCC. I have written to Delhi immigration, and have received a generic response stating clients with expired COPRs remain a priority and there have been many service disruptions due to the pandemic.

So wondering if anyone on this forum has received COPR extension/travel authorisation. It’s already the end of August...
They will reply, they take their own time.
But they will reply.

Reactions: rockmyway

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hi, has anyone in India received their COPR extension or travel authorisation yet?

I have filled out the webform a couple of times in August, but have only received generic responses from IRCC. I have written to Delhi immigration, and have received a generic response stating clients with expired COPRs remain a priority and there have been many service disruptions due to the pandemic.

So wondering if anyone on this forum has received COPR extension/travel authorisation. It’s already the end of August...
Nope, same with everyone else. Same generic response. Haven't seen anyone on this thread who has received COPR extension/travel authorization from NDVO.

In my case, not even ghost updates of "Application in progress" as reported by some others while checking through gckey.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockmyway

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Nope, same with everyone else. Same generic response. Haven't seen anyone on this thread from has received COPR extension/travel authorization from NDVO.

In my case, not even ghost updates of "Application in progress" as reported by some others while checking through gckey.
I have seen some posts on Facebook with screenshots of authorisation letters sent to someone in India whose COPR expired on April 29th. Not sure how is IRCC prioritising the authorisations - are they going by the date of COPR expiry or the date when we raised the webform?

FYI, my COPR expired in early June.

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I have seen some posts on Facebook with screenshots of authorisation letters sent to someone in India whose COPR expired on April 29th. Not sure how is IRCC prioritising the authorisations - are they going by the date of COPR expiry or the date when we raised the webform?

Could you pls share the post here?We could get an idea what exactly the case is.

Reactions: hinavin

DentAspirus

Apr 2, 2020
I am sorry I know that is not the right thread but I can't get an answer anywhere else.
"Divorce before landing but after COPR".

I am the Primary applicant in Express Entry (Skilled Worker) and my wife and child are secondary applicants. We were granted COPR and PR visa but we have Not landed yet.

If there is a divorce before landing what happens to Secondary applicants (My wife and Child)?

Will they still be able to land and get their PR status? Also, should I inform IRCC?

Finally, will this affect my application or my COPR and PR visa as a primary applicant?

Thank you and hope I can get help on this matter.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hey guys
This is my first message from CANADA.
Yes, I made it finally.
Long story.. will explain in the subsequent messages. All I can say is that it was like a sudden backpacking trip to Toronto.
Right now got to rest a bit.
Well done Rahul!

Luck favours the brave!

Reactions: crackMBA

shriram0205

May 16, 2019
Hey guys
This is my first message from CANADA.
Yes, I made it finally.
Long story.. will explain in the subsequent messages. All I can say is that it was like a sudden backpacking trip to Toronto.
Right now got to rest a bit.
Were you given authorization letter to travel? And what all documents you included when you raised the ready to travel webform?

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Well, it was a roller coaster ride, I booked the flights at 7:30 pm and within 3 hours I was at the airport with all my luggage packed.
What I learnt from this experience is that it only takes a minute to ask for things, it is, however, possible that you will be turned down but then there can be an upside as well.

I will suggest the following points:
Book flights of single airlines
Have your documents ready in one hand (it brings confidence in the checker)
No matter what questions they ask you, you answer what you are prepared to speak (Take RAGA interview with Arnab Goswami on women empowerment). Obviously change the context.
Look innocent and smile (LOL, this worked very well)

We got stuck at multiple checkpoints but eventually, we made it happen.
Congratulations! If you don't mind, could you please tell us about the 'multiple checkpoints'? A list would be helpful.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Well, it was a roller coaster ride, I booked the flights at 7:30 pm and within 3 hours I was at the airport with all my luggage packed.
What I learnt from this experience is that it only takes a minute to ask for things, it is, however, possible that you will be turned down but then there can be an upside as well.

I will suggest the following points:
Book flights of single airlines
Have your documents ready in one hand (it brings confidence in the checker)
No matter what questions they ask you, you answer what you are prepared to speak (Take RAGA interview with Arnab Goswami on women empowerment). Obviously change the context.
Look innocent and smile (LOL, this worked very well)

We got stuck at multiple checkpoints but eventually, we made it happen.
I would suggest just answer their questions honestly there's no need to prepare responses to what you might get asked at the immigration.

Glad to see you made it you're a risktaker and it paid you off. All the best with the settlement process and hit back if you need any help.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Same here. My wife's COPR expired in early June. I am also not sure how they doing it. How are they providing the authorization when NDVO is closed?

Last edited: