+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Hi everyone. Anyone here who has experience of quarantining post landing with small children? I have two kids aged 1 and 7 and would appreciate any information on quarantine stays especially Airbnb.
2. Since we won't have credit cards upon landing, how does one manage shopping for groceries and food during quarantine? I doubt if the Indian COD system works there.
Thanks.
You can have travel card..its instantly available. I took in few hours

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey guys
This is my first message from CANADA.
Yes, I made it finally.
Long story.. will explain in the subsequent messages. All I can say is that it was like a sudden backpacking trip to Toronto.
Right now got to rest a bit.
Please let us know how it went!

someonetookmyname

Oct 16, 2019
My landing experience: Pretty Smooth!

Took Emirates from karachi via dxb to Toronto. CBSA officer asked politely:
the reason for coming to Canada,
then asked where you would stay,
is that place is good enough for you to spend 14 days
how much money you brought.. i told her that few hundred bucks as carrying cash is hassle for me
then asked the questions mentioned in copr document and asked me to initial on my each answer along with signature at the bottom.

she said at tge moment you can't get a SIN as no one is present at workplace so have to apply online. for PR card she saod it will be processed in 4 months time approx.

then she said now you permanent resident and welcome to Canada.
she dint screw me at all with lot of questioning etc.

so guys dont worry about anything just stay confident n cool. thats all i can say.

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Hi,

do you anyone who recently traveled and didnt face any issues? My husband has a Pakistani passport and that requires a transit visa and only exemption would bea valid visa for canada. The visa is now expired hence my worry.

yes I raised form for travel early October. Then contact our VO, got a generic reply that we have received your request and will reply if more information needed. Nothing else happened. I checked our application status and it still showed “decision made”. Today I checked and the status says “in process”..so hoping that means soemthing positive.

no not going to book tickets until we get a confirmation because once we book our tickets we cannot change the date or anything (as per our ticket rules). We have informed them that if they want to see tickets we can send directly after they give us ETA. Will be traveling from Doha, Qatar via Frankfurt or London.
Hello I'm also from Pakistan and need your help. I've raised my ready to travel webform for early October. I've following questions:
Which Visa Office is yours?
Which documents did you submit along with the webform?
When did you raise the webform?
And lastly will you both be travelling together from Pakistan?
Waiting for your reply
Thanks

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
My landing experience: Pretty Smooth!

Took Emirates from karachi via dxb to Toronto. CBSA officer asked politely:
the reason for coming to Canada,
then asked where you would stay,
is that place is good enough for you to spend 14 days
how much money you brought.. i told her that few hundred bucks as carrying cash is hassle for me
then asked the questions mentioned in copr document and asked me to initial on my each answer along with signature at the bottom.

she said at tge moment you can't get a SIN as no one is present at workplace so have to apply online. for PR card she saod it will be processed in 4 months time approx.

then she said now you permanent resident and welcome to Canada.
she dint screw me at all with lot of questioning etc.

so guys dont worry about anything just stay confident n cool. thats all i can say.
Was your copr expired or you travelled on a valid visa?

Reactions: smithplato

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys
This is my first message from CANADA.
Yes, I made it finally.
Long story.. will explain in the subsequent messages. All I can say is that it was like a sudden backpacking trip to Toronto.
Right now got to rest a bit.
Congrats ! I did have a hunch that you must have travelled which is why I asked. Please rest but do let us know after that on how you achieved this feat.

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
Congrats ! I did have a hunch that you must have travelled which is why I asked. Please rest but do let us know after that on how you achieved this feat.
Well, it was a roller coaster ride, I booked the flights at 7:30 pm and within 3 hours I was at the airport with all my luggage packed.
What I learnt from this experience is that it only takes a minute to ask for things, it is, however, possible that you will be turned down but then there can be an upside as well.

I will suggest the following points:
Book flights of single airlines
Have your documents ready in one hand (it brings confidence in the checker)
No matter what questions they ask you, you answer what you are prepared to speak (Take RAGA interview with Arnab Goswami on women empowerment). Obviously change the context.
Look innocent and smile (LOL, this worked very well)

We got stuck at multiple checkpoints but eventually, we made it happen.

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello I'm also from Pakistan and need your help. I've raised my ready to travel webform for early October. I've following questions:
Which Visa Office is yours?
Which documents did you submit along with the webform?
When did you raise the webform?
And lastly will you both be travelling together from Pakistan?
Waiting for your reply
Thanks
hi,
to answeR your questions:
London Visa Office
Only submitted bank statement as proof of funds
Raised webform on August 16.
If we get his ETA, we will be traveling from doha, Qatar

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Hi, has anyone in India received their COPR extension or travel authorisation yet?

I have filled out the webform a couple of times in August, but have only received generic responses from IRCC. I have written to Delhi immigration, and have received a generic response stating clients with expired COPRs remain a priority and there have been many service disruptions due to the pandemic.

So wondering if anyone on this forum has received COPR extension/travel authorisation. It’s already the end of August...