+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I am planning for a direct flight so I guess the concern of connecting flight being delayed gets lost there.

But yes, the only worry is that will they deport me back to India or not. Since my COPR was issued on 20th March.
Ideally, they shouldn't but this risk is the only hurdle in my mind
It says very clearly on the list of exemptions that the COPR should be issued before 18th March. Your stunt will have dire consequences for your immigration record. Hope you're ready. :confused:

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Suggestions?
When I was researching for my Mom, from India the companies offering for travel and 3 months of medical (excluding out patient and non-emergency) - Bajaj Alliance seemed to be better. This was back in February for travel in March. You can buy it even a week before you fly or months ahead. Instruct for the policy to kick in on the day of first travel.

Although the next option was more expensive (quite a bit more) I was still inclined to go with it. This was to buy the insurance from a Canadian provider. Reason was, folks saying claims process is smoother, you never have to 'pay first and claim later' if you buy from Canadian provider.

I won't say I have heard any personal experiences from either purchasing from Canadian or home country providers - so that is a matter of individual preference.

For Ontario - the 90 day waiting period for OHIP (the Provincial health coverage - i.e. insurance) has been temporarily waived off due to COVID19.

https://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2020/03/ontario-expands-coverage-for-care.html

This implies that you are covered from day 1.

Buying travel & health insurance coverage for the entre travel duration is still highly recommended.

Last edited:

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Thanks for the response. I amassuming your husband was response by you. My wife is also sponsored by me and her Visa has expired.
Just wanted to know, what you submitted for employment proof.

Thanks
Oh okay... employment proof? Or u mean proof of funds ?
I believe ur wife got visa already and expired so they may asked for Proof of fund.
In which I submitted 6000k bank statement of my savings which I mentioned it was spousal sponsorship so therefore proof of funds at the beginning wasnt required but yet I am submitting my bank statement

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

need quick reply if possible.

for those who had expired COPR and then received ETA and have successfully landed in Canada...if you traveled on a flight with a layover..did you require a transit visa (heathrow, Frankfurt, amsterdam) since the pr visa was expired???

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hello,

need quick reply if possible.

for those who had expired COPR and then received ETA and have successfully landed in Canada...if you traveled on a flight with a layover..did you require a transit visa (heathrow, Frankfurt, amsterdam) since the pr visa was expired???
Hi, I will let the successfully landed friends to answer that though in my experience in all 3 cases you donot have to switch airports nor terminals hence no need for transit visa.

I remember you have raised webform for traveling early October. I did the same for mid October preferred travel dates. Did you receive any further communication from IRCC/NDVO? Or are you taking a chance to book tickets now and push with the confirmed tickets and dates? If I may ask, which city are you starting your travel from?
Thanks.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Oh okay... employment proof? Or u mean proof of funds ?
I believe ur wife got visa already and expired so they may asked for Proof of fund.
In which I submitted 6000k bank statement of my savings which I mentioned it was spousal sponsorship so therefore proof of funds at the beginning wasnt required but yet I am submitting my bank statement
Thanks for understanding my 'full of typos' post. I am talking about the below mentioned guidelines from IRCC for permanent settlement in Canada (see the 1st point:
"
These applicants can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if they plan to stay and settle. If they’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, they can’t do that right now unless they’re exempt from the restrictions. They must show

• proof of an acceptable plan to settle: documents to support their living situation in Canada (address, lease agreement, home ownership document), employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer) or any other relevant information
  • proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada: includes proof of funds (bank or credit card statements) and how they will access groceries, medical care and other essential services.
    • While in quarantine, they will not be able to leave their place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if they have no COVID-19 symptoms.
  • proposed travel itinerary: a description of their proposed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if they already have purchased them
"
Here is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

I thought you might have went through this.

Thanks

Reactions: smithplato

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi everyone. Anyone here who has experience of quarantining post landing with small children? I have two kids aged 1 and 7 and would appreciate any information on quarantine stays especially Airbnb.
2. Since we won't have credit cards upon landing, how does one manage shopping for groceries and food during quarantine? I doubt if the Indian COD system works there.
Thanks.

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi, I will let the successfully landed friends to answer that though in my experience in all 3 cases you donot have to switch airports nor terminals hence no need for transit visa.

I remember you have raised webform for traveling early October. I did the same for mid October preferred travel dates. Did you receive any further communication from IRCC/NDVO? Or are you taking a chance to book tickets now and push with the confirmed tickets and dates? If I may ask, which city are you starting your travel from?
Thanks.
Hi,

do you anyone who recently traveled and didnt face any issues? My husband has a Pakistani passport and that requires a transit visa and only exemption would bea valid visa for canada. The visa is now expired hence my worry.

yes I raised form for travel early October. Then contact our VO, got a generic reply that we have received your request and will reply if more information needed. Nothing else happened. I checked our application status and it still showed “decision made”. Today I checked and the status says “in process”..so hoping that means soemthing positive.

no not going to book tickets until we get a confirmation because once we book our tickets we cannot change the date or anything (as per our ticket rules). We have informed them that if they want to see tickets we can send directly after they give us ETA. Will be traveling from Doha, Qatar via Frankfurt or London.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I don't understand the logic behind 18th March thing. If you want to open it then open it for all, why such a boundary. That's all the concern is.

Yeah I am working on something in India itself which keeps me busy as of now.
Hey,
Just out of curiosity, did you finally travel?