+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Pakora

Aug 23, 2020
You should probably take Air Canada if they have services from your country. Someone had shared experience traveling with the authorisation letter in Air Canda.
Unfortunately, Air Canada doesn't operate in my country. Makes sense though. Their own airline would know their policies better than anybody else.

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
Unfortunately, Air Canada doesn't operate in my country. Makes sense though. Their own airline would know their policies better than anybody else.
I don't know if this makes sense, if the document is valid for another month or two, try to delay the travel by 2-3 weeks. This might familiarise the airlines with this new document that's been issued and I'm guessing the immigration would give directions in the coming weeks.

Reactions: hinavin

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Nadir Patel (High Commissioner for Canada to India) did mention to check back early Sep on social media for VAC opening date updates. That's a positive sign since there was no mention of specific date/month earlier. However, I am curious to understand the link between Embassy/High commission functioning and VAC opening.
1. If COPR extensions were to be handed over as eTA via email, VAC opening is immaterial (it's been consistent that they provide 60 days from date of issue to travel)
2. If COPR extensions require new counterfoil and visa stamping on passport, VAC opening is critical

If (2) is the norm for India, then can't do much than waiting for VAC opening and impatiently wait for early Sep.

However, we have recent updates from some of our lucky friends from other countries, even a recent case from India that (1) might be the standard procedure. We need to hear more such success stories around that to get more confidence, hence urging anyone who got a successful eTA to please post detailed updates (timelines on when you raises webform, what did you write as reason for travel, travel dates, date of eTA issue, etc.) for your fellow future Canadian bro/sis that are waiting eagerly.

Other hypothesis to validate:
1. Have fewer people actually raised webforms hence not many success eTA stories?
2. Has NDVO actually started functioning (we know VFS VAC has not and that's different from NDVO)?

Disclaimer: I plan to raise my webform today for travel in Mid October. Reason -Settle in Canada permanently. Don't have valid job offer yet. POF - Latest online bank statements. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
I received a reply from IRCC saying "we verified the information you provided and have forwarded an extension request to the responsible office.They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your request"
It's already been a month and no reply from them yet. How do you know your Visa Office? Should I get in touch with them again?
Raise a webform asking for your Visa office. Thats the best way and accurate source to get information rather than guesswork. Thats what i did. I received a revert in 4 business days. Even I have raised webform almost a month ago and have received the same generic response. Many other people I know are also in the same situation. No revert other than generic responses for Ready to travel for them as well. I guess all we have to do is wait.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Nadir Patel (High Commissioner for Canada to India) did mention to check back early Sep on social media for VAC opening date updates. That's a positive sign since there was no mention of specific date/month earlier. However, I am curious to understand the link between Embassy/High commission functioning and VAC opening.
1. If COPR extensions were to be handed over as eTA via email, VAC opening is immaterial (it's been consistent that they provide 60 days from date of issue to travel)
2. If COPR extensions require new counterfoil and visa stamping on passport, VAC opening is critical

If (2) is the norm for India, then can't do much than waiting for VAC opening and impatiently wait for early Sep.

However, we have recent updates from some of our lucky friends from other countries, even a recent case from India that (1) might be the standard procedure. We need to hear more such success stories around that to get more confidence, hence urging anyone who got a successful eTA to please post detailed updates (timelines on when you raises webform, what did you write as reason for travel, travel dates, date of eTA issue, etc.) for your fellow future Canadian bro/sis that are waiting eagerly.

Other hypothesis to validate:
1. Have fewer people actually raised webforms hence not many success eTA stories?
2. Has NDVO actually started functioning (we know VFS VAC has not and that's different from NDVO)?

Disclaimer: I plan to raise my webform today for travel in Mid October. Reason -Settle in Canada permanently. Don't have valid job offer yet. POF - Latest online bank statements. Will let everyone know how it goes.
Just an addition on "1. If COPR extensions were to be handed over as eTA via email, VAC opening is immaterial (it's been consistent that they provide 60 days from date of issue to travel)"

Even if it is online they may need more people in office to process the eTA.
60 days limit is scary as there are no commercial flights so people like me are afraid to raise the request.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockmyway

Pakora

Aug 23, 2020
Did they call you before issuing ETA or directly issued.Did you submit proofs of intention to permanently settle.Could you pls share what all things you shared?
They sent a mail asking whether I can travel to Canada in the next 60 days. Pretty standard stuff. The kind of mail everybody else is getting. Proof of funds, quarantine plan, job offer, travel plan, is anything stopping me from travelling in next 60 days, how will i get groceries and essential stuff..

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Just an addition on "1. If COPR extensions were to be handed over as eTA via email, VAC opening is immaterial (it's been consistent that they provide 60 days from date of issue to travel)"

Even if it is online they may need more people in office to process the eTA.
60 days limit is scary as there are no commercial flights so people like afraid to raise the request.
why sone would raise a ready to travel form if no there is no commercail flights resmued in his country?!!!

Reactions: Grenille

Tango1988

Aug 6, 2020
They sent a mail asking whether I can travel to Canada in the next 60 days. Pretty standard stuff. The kind of mail everybody else is getting. Proof of funds, quarantine plan, job offer, travel plan, is anything stopping me from travelling in next 60 days, how will i get groceries and essential stuff..
Hi @Pakora . I just wanted to check if you have already secured a job offer? Since it is difficult to secure a job from home country, I basically wanted to understand if they are granting eTA based on information like resignation letter in existing organization/relieving letter from existing organization or having a job offer is essential to prove intent of settling in Canada? Also, did you submit online passbooks as proof of funds or a signed letter from the bank (as required during AOR stage) ?

I have a raised a query to Air Canada to understand if they are allowing passengers with expired CoPR with eTA from IRCC to board their flights based on this eTA. I will post their response here once I receive it. As a suggestion, you can also raise a query to Air Canada asking if they have any codeshare airline partners with whom you can book based on your eTA (Air Canada's codeshare partners are likely to have updated information on allowing passengers with an eTA).

Thankyou in advance!

Pakora

Aug 23, 2020
Hi @Pakora . I just wanted to check if you have already secured a job offer? Since it is difficult to secure a job from home country, I basically wanted to understand if they are granting eTA based on information like resignation letter in existing organization/relieving letter from existing organization or having a job offer is essential to prove intent of settling in Canada? Also, did you submit online passbooks as proof of funds or a signed letter from the bank (as required during AOR stage) ?

I have a raised a query to Air Canada to understand if they are allowing passengers with expired CoPR with eTA from IRCC to board their flights based on this eTA. I will post their response here once I receive it. As a suggestion, you can also raise a query to Air Canada asking if they have any codeshare airline partners with whom you can book based on your eTA (Air Canada's codeshare partners are likely to have updated information on allowing passengers with an eTA).

Thankyou in advance!
I believe the time it takes to get extension depends on the country you're from. I see people in this forum stressing for no reason. Have some faith, you'll get your extension. If i got it, I'm pretty confident every one of you will get it.
I had no job offer, didn't send proof of funds, no resignation letter, all i sent was a quarantine plan and mentioned that i would like to settle in Canada. Thats all.