+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Really confused as to how to proceed regarding the eta or copr extension.

we did Spouse sponsorship For my husband and received ppr in feb, copr expired in may and obviously because of COVID we were unable to travel in time.

we raised a ready to travel weBform a couple weeks ago and only received the generic response that information has been forwarded to visa office. We were planning on going in early October, but of course in order to be ready we need to set our affairs in order in current country (hand in resignation, sell car, sell household belongings, book tickets, etc). None of these things can be done without an actual confirmation of extension or eta. And everything requires at least a months notice.

we are waiting for a reply but if they don’t reply soon my husband won’t be able to travel in early October as planned and then may delay plan until December. How do we convey this to ircc?!

Reactions: Kavitaforpt

AsaeedA

Apr 24, 2020
hi all

PRTD will expire end of the month

i see many people talking about raising a web-form for "ready to travel" - can you tell me how that works . i dont see it in the list of options

another option is to wait and see and then re-apply via local visa office/VFS, once they start taking applications

what will be the chances on getting approval again

what do you recommend

thank you

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
Okay.
What is your Visa Office?

Let us know about your progress.
All the best
I received a reply from IRCC saying "we verified the information you provided and have forwarded an extension request to the responsible office.They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your request"
It's already been a month and no reply from them yet. How do you know your Visa Office? Should I get in touch with them again?

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
Exactly same situation and plan. We should contact our VO directly too.
I received the exact same reply when I raised my ready to travel form. It's been almost a month, I received no reply after that. How do we contact the V.O? I am from Mumbai, India.They don't mention the V.O in the email

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
What happens if someone raises a ready to travel webform but the relevant authorities do not respond in time and send travel authorization letter like two days before mentioned date of travel, and the person in question is no longer able to travel on that date because they could not make necessary arrangements due to lack of response from the authorities?!
Same case for me. I received the exact same reply when I raised my ready to travel form. It's been almost a month, I received no reply after that. Do we have to contact them again? I am from Mumbai, India

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I am confused with the COPR date. It says Mar 13th. So if the copr was issued on 13th March, then I am sure his COPR did not expire by Aug and no extension was required. May be he was looking for some other authorization? Could be?
This is not correct!

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I received the exact same reply when I raised my ready to travel form. It's been almost a month, I received no reply after that. How do we contact the V.O? I am from Mumbai, India.They don't mention the V.O in the email
hi I am from Mumbai too and am just going to submit my ready to travel webform. You VO will be NDVO only andthey said on Twitter they wil open next month so I guess we wil have to wait for that.
I have one question, when you’ll sent your proof of funds along with your ready to travel webform, did you’ll send 6 month bank statements asking with whatever FDs and funds you have OR did you’ll send a letter on bank letterhead with stamp and sign of bank office like we had done initially during verification of documents???
thank you for any help in advance!

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
hi I am from Mumbai too and am just going to submit my ready to travel webform. You VO will be NDVO only andthey said on Twitter they wil open next month so I guess we wil have to wait for that.
I have one question, when you’ll sent your proof of funds along with your ready to travel webform, did you’ll send 6 month bank statements asking with whatever FDs and funds you have OR did you’ll send a letter on bank letterhead with stamp and sign of bank office like we had done initially during verification of documents???
thank you for any help in advance!
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I didn't send any proof of funds when I raised my ready to travel webform. I didn't know we had to. I just informed IRCC that I am ready to travel now.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I received a reply from IRCC saying "we verified the information you provided and have forwarded an extension request to the responsible office.They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your request"
It's already been a month and no reply from them yet. How do you know your Visa Office? Should I get in touch with them again?
Your consulate/embassy. The place from where your visa was processed.

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the Ready to Travel Web form. My COPR expired on the 24th of May and I have already raised a webform to inform IRCC that I was unable to travel due to the travel ban. Now, I want to know if there is any deadline we should submit our Ready to Travel webform?

Things are going back to normal here, but I am not totally fine in travelling right now so I am wondering if I can still wait until a month or so and send it.

Any advice will be great. Thank you all, and good luck we are almost in there :)

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the Ready to Travel Web form. My COPR expired on the 24th of May and I have already raised a webform to inform IRCC that I was unable to travel due to the travel ban. Now, I want to know if there is any deadline we should submit our Ready to Travel webform?

Things are going back to normal here, but I am not totally fine in travelling right now so I am wondering if I can still wait until a month or so and send it.

Any advice will be great. Thank you all, and good luck we are almost in there :)
I am in the same confusion too.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi all,

There is no deadline.You should fill the web form when you are actually ready to travel.

Reactions: smithplato

Pakora

Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone.
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Would appreciate any sort of help in this regard.
So my COPR expired on 19 April 2020. Couldn't travel because all flights got cancelled. Raised a web form around 2 months back stating my "ability to travel" long story short, I got a Letter of Authorization - IM56881017EF via email. The same letter that a lot of other people got in this group. Anyway, i booked a flight through Emirates. I waited for almost an hour for them to confirm whether I'm allowed to board the flight with this letter. After an hour they refused to let me board. They said they've talked to the Canadian immigration office and they require a visa sticker on passport. They won't accept this letter. I showed them my expired COPR and VISA, Same reply.
My VO is London. I'm from Pakistan.
Any suggestions?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hello everyone.
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Would appreciate any sort of help in this regard.
So my COPR expired on 19 April 2020. Couldn't travel because all flights got cancelled. Raised a web form around 2 months back stating my "ability to travel" long story short, I got a Letter of Authorization - IM56881017EF via email. The same letter that a lot of other people got in this group. Anyway, i booked a flight through Emirates. I waited for almost an hour for them to confirm whether I'm allowed to board the flight with this letter. After an hour they refused to let me board. They said they've talked to the Canadian immigration office and they require a visa sticker on passport. They won't accept this letter. I showed them my expired COPR and VISA, Same reply.
Any suggestions?
This is scary. We should take a written confirmation from airlines prior to boarding. It'd be great if you could share the content of letter.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
Hello everyone.
Any suggestions?
You should probably take Air Canada if they have services from your country. Someone had shared experience traveling with the authorisation letter in Air Canda.