+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Here is the email from NDVO received on 20 July, quoting my older webform raised on 29 May:
<<< same old same old - as many before me had received>>> :cool: :cool:

Dear client,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the answer to your question can be found on our facebook page: https://bit.ly/30rp2Pn As well, our web-site by searching IRCC is response during COVID-19. This page will provide you with information on travel restrictions as well as requirements before and after entering Canada.

• Confirmation of Permanent Residence - Valid Immigration visa (IM-1)
If your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures. Eligible travellers do not require additional permission letters.
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence – Expired or going to expired
If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to e-mail IRCC as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes. At this time Visa Application Centres are closed and we are not in a position to accept passports directly at the high commission.

We are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only e-mail us if you cannot find the answer to your question after reviewing the information in the helpful links. You should always include information regarding your file number, unique client identification number (UCI), name, date of birth, and passport number (if applicable). For information concerning flights to Canada, please refer to https://bit.ly/2MOpCP2

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our twitter/facebook/youtube icons below.

Regards,
Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India
Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, migration-08.
e-mail: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Connect with us | Connectez avec nous
Same old stuff.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Confined indoors is bad enough...with your loved ones far away - now that's a heavy layer.

She will be here sooner that you think @crackMBA
:)
Lord Bless!
I like your enthusiasm. Actually there is a twist in the story.
I am also in India with my loved one. So practically I am in India with PR and she is in India with Expired COPR:D

Last edited:

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I like your enthusiasm. Actually there is a twist in the story.
I am also in India with my loved one. So practically I am in India with PR and she is in India with Expired COPR:D
Ha ha lol - not bad! He works in mysterious ways! :)

Reactions: crackMBA

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

I landed exactly 3 weeks ago and post quarantine completed all the formalities this week like SIN, Bank, Driving license etc. SIN -Just I went in person (did not fix an appointment) without any address proof and got it within minutes, but only few locations are open for walk in. So check that which location is open before you go. Bank - Booked an appointment with TD and got formalities done on the spot. They also approved me a 1000 CAD unsecured credit card. Driving license - I carried DL extract from India (issued by a local RTO) and the Driving license (Name as appeared in the passport) along with COPR, passport. They waived off the waiting period and approved me to go for G test directly. However, I will take G2 and then go for G since I used to RHD. They did not ask any letter from consulate. OHIP - Need to apply after getting the hard copy of monthly bank statement or G1 license paper, which has Canadian address. No waiting period (courtesy COVID). Got PRESTO card for local public transport and in general, public transport is punctual and easy to move around without any hassles.

Overall, many services have opened up recently for walk in, which is a good sign.

Job market - Market is picking up and getting decent response from hiring agencies. In fact, already I landed a job (good enough for starters) in my profession and joining this Monday. Of course, lots of effort from my side to connect with people / agencies / employers from the day 3 on my landing in Canada. With efforts, we can land a job for sure.

All in all, right time to be in Canada if you can make it and I would suggest not to be too much of conservative about job market.

Let me know if I can help you.

All the best.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

I landed exactly 3 weeks ago and post quarantine completed all the formalities this week like SIN, Bank, Driving license etc. SIN -Just I went in person (did not fix an appointment) without any address proof and got it within minutes, but only few locations are open for walk in. So check that which location is open before you go. Bank - Booked an appointment with TD and got formalities done on the spot. They also approved me a 1000 CAD unsecured credit card. Driving license - I carried DL extract from India (issued by a local RTO) and the Driving license (Name as appeared in the passport) along with COPR, passport. They waived off the waiting period and approved me to go for G test directly. However, I will take G2 and then go for G since I used to RHD. They did not ask any letter from consulate. OHIP - Need to apply after getting the hard copy of monthly bank statement or G1 license paper, which has Canadian address. No waiting period (courtesy COVID). Got PRESTO card for local public transport and in general, public transport is punctual and easy to move around without any hassles.

Overall, many services have opened up recently for walk in, which is a good sign.

Job market - Market is picking up and getting decent response from hiring agencies. In fact, already I landed a job (good enough for starters) in my profession and joining this Monday. Of course, lots of effort from my side to connect with people / agencies / employers from the day 3 on my landing in Canada. With efforts, we can land a job for sure.

All in all, right time to be in Canada if you can make it and I would suggest not to be too much of conservative about job market.

All the best.
I am still searching for a job after 2 weeks. I am from the software field. :(

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
'Canada in India' DM
For stage one processing you will receive an electronic notification of your AIP. For stage 2 processing you will have to wait for when the Visa Application Centres re-open so that you can submit your passport for further processing.

Fools are not going to give E-authorization for sure and may even ask re-medical !!

Kavitaforpt

Aug 17, 2018
'Canada in India' DM
For stage one processing you will receive an electronic notification of your AIP. For stage 2 processing you will have to wait for when the Visa Application Centres re-open so that you can submit your passport for further processing.

Fools are not going to give E-authorization for sure and may even ask re-medical !!
Why do you have to use 'fools' ?

Using language doesn't serve purpose..
I know it's hard for all of us
But what purpose does our frustration serves?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Why do you have to use 'fools' ?

Using language doesn't serve purpose..
I know it's hard for all of us
But what purpose does our frustration serves?
I am just being nice to them:D and yes they are fools because any one with a logical/normal mind could see whats coming ahead at least 2/3 months ago ! The chances of one being infected now are extremely high, even before one lands in Canada !!

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys,

All the best.
Your positivity and successful landing is the sunshine through dark clouds...Good luck in all future endeavours!

Reactions: CountessO

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

All the best.
Thank you for a detailed and a positive post, we need more of these. What’s your NOC please? Did you get a job in your primary work field?

Congratulations and all the best with settling in Canada.

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hello All,

Does it matter if the City of Destination (as stated in the COPR) is different from where you plan to land? I initially planned to land in Vancouver and stated it as such, but with COVID times, decided that Toronto is better suited as I have a stronger support structure of friends there.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys,

Has anyone from India gotten a COPR extension yet? If yes, how long has it taken for the extension to come through? Do you need booked air tickets for this? Any idea how long are they extending the COPR by?

I just read that India and Canada have started an Air Bubble that allows all Visa holders (Including tourist) to travel to Canada. However, the Canadian Immigration website doesn't say that. Not sure if this counts as resumption of commercial flights. I'm really confused. Any information will be very helpful. Thank you!

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Has anyone from India gotten a COPR extension yet? If yes, how long has it taken for the extension to come through? Do you need booked air tickets for this? Any idea how long are they extending the COPR by?

I just read that India and Canada have started an Air Bubble that allows all Visa holders (Including tourist) to travel to Canada. However, the Canadian Immigration website doesn't say that. Not sure if this counts as resumption of commercial flights. I'm really confused. Any information will be very helpful. Thank you!
As you have already determined there seems to be nothing about this on the IRCC website or even any mention in the Canadian press, only the Indian press which for such a major announcement seems odd. Cannot add anything else other than to advise to monitor IRCC and the Canadian press.

Reactions: pavie24