+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Wow you have provided quite an extensive plan with job offer. Which is your VO but? Our's is Sydney Nova Scotia. I heard some people from NDVO got responses which were not generic. ( in the whatsapp group that i am) Anyway NDVO is slowing picking pace is what i heard. Nova Scotia was same like NDVO- only genereic responses hence wanted to ask people with same VO for any different experiences/responses. Well if yours is Nova Scotia as well, then all we can do is wait thats all. I will raise a webform again (ready to travel) by the end of this month if i dont get a revert from them.
Are you in India?

If you are in India then your VO should be New Delhi. Your application might be submitted in NS but after that it should be transferred to New Delhi for background verification and CoPR issuance.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Are you in India?

If you are in India then your VO should be New Delhi. Your application might be submitted in NS but after that it should be transferred to New Delhi for background verification and CoPR issuance.
Yes I am from India. Passport of course went to New delhi for stamping in Feb. But my VO was never mentioned in any of the emails i used to receive from IRCC like they used to mention for my other friends whose VO is NDVO. It used to be mentioned that their docs are forwarded to new delhi visa office. In my case it used to be forwarded to responsible office. Hence in order to not do any guesswork, i raised a webform and asked for my visa office in which i got notified by IRCC that it is Sydney Nova Scotia, where my application is currently being processed at Centralized intake office.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Not actually - the words were different for sure. Let me fish the letter out and I can share. Shall do after work today!

My impression (guess only) overall is that CPC Mississauga - i.e. IRCC Canada, has given an approval to renew/extend CoPR. Then asked NDVO to 'process and facilitate' the last bit needed to facilitate travel.

But - NDVOin my case has either:
  • Hastily responded in error with a stock letter template, just to close the email string from their end, or
  • they simply are not yet ready commence any steps related to CoPR renewals/extensions.
    • Neither ETA
    • nor physical stamping or
    • even sending a fresh CoPR with letter authorising the travel to Land.

Lemme share the email text, tonite @crackMBA
Thanks for your efforts.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: hinavin

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks for your reply. I actually have filled the "read to travel" from now for extension (COPR expired on 9th may) and the response that i quoted above was to my ready to travel webform.
I see now that the guidelines have been modified and we have to share a proper plan. I am just drafting that now and planning to submit another form. I am not sure how i will show a lease agreement, or flight tickets. I want to know if anyone from india got a positive response, if not extension!?
And also what is everyone doing and planning for flights? I dont want to buy a ticket again as it doesnt make sense, n i still have not received refund of my other 2 tickets.
And if anyone has booked a ticket during this vande bharat mission from del to toronto? What was the routing/price and which airlines? Any detail around this will be helpful.

Thankyou.
You must do the needful but unless we have proper commercial flights, I do not see any extensions. Also, you can tell them that you will book airbnb for 15-20 days for quarantine or you can do it at any relative's or friend's if they have separate bathroom/kitchen (no sharing at all).

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
My query in email to NDVO asked 2 days back
I wanted to know if we would get ETA or new stamping is required in the passport ?

Got replied from NDVO today
We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yes I am from India. Passport of course went to New delhi for stamping in Feb. But my VO was never mentioned in any of the emails i used to receive from IRCC like they used to mention for my other friends whose VO is NDVO. It used to be mentioned that their docs are forwarded to new delhi visa office. In my case it used to be forwarded to responsible office. Hence in order to not do any guesswork, i raised a webform and asked for my visa office in which i got notified by IRCC that it is Sydney Nova Scotia, where my application is currently being processed at Centralized intake office.
Your VO should be mentioned in Passport Request Letter (PPR).

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
If you are in India then your application will be processed by NDVO as they are the one who are providing CoPR/PRV and aware of current situations in India. Yes, your VO could be in Nova Scotia (where your file might be submitted initially) but they gonna rely on information provided by NDVO for further processing of your CoPR extension.

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
My query in email to NDVO asked 2 days back
I wanted to know if we would get ETA or new stamping is required in the passport ?

Got replied from NDVO today
We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met.
"once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met" - This part suggests it's a generic response either by a bot or a service staff who is not empowered to take decisions on your case. Else, all your case information is out there to determine your eligibility easily and they could have just told to wait for ETA with further instructions. Guess deciding officers first have to return to office.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
"once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met" - This part suggests it's a generic response either by a bot or a service staff who is not empowered to take decisions on your case. Else, all your case information is out there to determine your eligibility easily and they could have just told to wait for ETA with further instructions. Guess deciding officers first have to return to office.
Correct and resumption of commercial flights. They are just delaying things to curb the spread of infection.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Thanks for your efforts.

Much appreciated.
Upon a closer look, the most recent response from "Delhi Immigration" (NDVO) quoted a much older email. Hoping the below clarification might help some folks:

***Summary- After submitting verifiable permanent-arrival, quarantine details and attachments => I am yet to receive any concrete direction to travel. (save for an acknowledgement of the receipt of attachments) ***

Breakdown:

• expiry of CoPR = 19 May
  • my email to NDVO = 29 May. I also stated 'ability to fly, with PNR attachments and screenshots of Etihad confirmed one way flight to Toronto
  • NDVO responded = 20 July
Meanwhile, as directed by IRCC later, I raised "Ready to travel" webform:
  • Ready to Travel Raised = 3 July. All attachments, local city utility bills (verifiable for home size and location), detailed quarantine plan.
  • Acknowledgement of receipt = 13 July
Next steps:
  • Riding on the rumours of 17 Aug opening. Might consider writing soon after.
Regards,
Nav

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Upon a closer look, the most recent response from "Delhi Immigration" (NDVO) quoted a much older email. Hoping the below clarification might help some folks:

***Summary- After submitting verifiable permanent-arrival, quarantine details and attachments => I am yet to receive any concrete direction to travel. (save for an acknowledgement of the receipt of attachments) ***

Breakdown:

• expiry of CoPR = 19 May
  • my email to NDVO = 29 May. I also stated 'ability to fly, with PNR attachments and screenshots of Etihad confirmed one way flight to Toronto
  • NDVO responded = 20 July
Meanwhile, as directed by IRCC later, I raised "Ready to travel" webform:
  • Ready to Travel Raised = 3 July. All attachments, local city utility bills (verifiable for home size and location), detailed quarantine plan.
  • Acknowledgement of receipt = 13 July
Next steps:
  • Riding on the rumours of 17 Aug opening. Might consider writing soon after.
Regards,
Nav
Thanks a lot for the detailed response.
Even I am riding on the rumors.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Thanks for your efforts.

Much appreciated.
Here is the email from NDVO received on 20 July, quoting my older webform raised on 29 May:
<<< same old same old - as many before me had received>>> :cool: :cool:

Dear client,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the answer to your question can be found on our facebook page: https://bit.ly/30rp2Pn As well, our web-site by searching IRCC is response during COVID-19. This page will provide you with information on travel restrictions as well as requirements before and after entering Canada.

• Confirmation of Permanent Residence - Valid Immigration visa (IM-1)
If your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures. Eligible travellers do not require additional permission letters.
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence – Expired or going to expired
If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to e-mail IRCC as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes. At this time Visa Application Centres are closed and we are not in a position to accept passports directly at the high commission.

We are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only e-mail us if you cannot find the answer to your question after reviewing the information in the helpful links. You should always include information regarding your file number, unique client identification number (UCI), name, date of birth, and passport number (if applicable). For information concerning flights to Canada, please refer to https://bit.ly/2MOpCP2

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our twitter/facebook/youtube icons below.

Regards,
Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India
Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, migration-08.
e-mail: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Connect with us | Connectez avec nous

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OMG that was so kind of you to explain when you didn't need to!! thank you so much. Although i had tried doing the same, but it kept asking me for entering valid date and hence was not allowing me to send the message. Nevertheless i will try again. Also goodluck with your mom's application. Hope it comes through soon!

Very kind of you @Neha_khedekar , thank you for the wishes!

Look forward to your post on your successful landing experience... coming sooner than you think! :)

Reactions: Neha_khedekar

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Is anyone on PRTD visa expiring in mid september seeking extensiion due to Covid-19 and ban imposed on commercial flights which is not operational. I am not interested in Bubble flights.