+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
When I raised "unable to travel" form back in May I received similar generic response that "they have forwarded my request to the responsible office". After 2-3 days I received a response from my Visa processing Unit(Vancouver).

You must also receive something. Wait for some time.
It will be helpful to know what the Vancouver processing unit stated - Did they provide an authorisation letter? Thanks!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
It will be helpful to know what the Vancouver processing unit stated - Did they provide an authorisation letter? Thanks!
I raised the web form for "unable to travel" not "Ready to Travel" and that too in May. There was no authorization letter at that time.

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Agreed. I would like to see the source memorandum/letter rather than an interpretation of the wording by some reporter on one website. Keep your expectations low, people--we've been unnecessarily excited before to no avail.
It is mentioned in the link that DGCA is waiting for travel restrictions to be lifted (by both India and Canada) before allowing the air bubble to happen b/w India and Canada. Lets hope these restrictions are eased out soon.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Nothing, they never asked me anything like that, and as per my experience with other folks, they are not checking this,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will land about 20 days later and am worried about questions. Do you remember what they asked from you?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will land about 20 days later and am worried about questions. Do you remember what they asked from you?
See, I was under the same impression and worried when I was planning to fly as temp lander... it depends on immigration guy, for me I luckily got the best immigration guy at that point of time, he never asked me anything only said that you need to be in 14 days quarantine and welcome to Canada, yes before that there is a police check, please check below:-

> In plane they will provide you the 14 days quarantine declaration form, in which you need to provide your basic details, name DOB, address in Canada, flight details and all that stuff,
> once you arrived you will be directed to Self-service kiosk where you need to scan your passport and input other details on touch screen, basically they are immigration questions if you are bringing any edible stuff, how much money you have and very basic questions, system will take your picture and you need to declare that everything is true to best of your knowledge, Its all YES & NO answer's you don't have to write anything. Once done, you click submit and that machine will provide you one small chit with your details and you than proceed to police counter.
> Police counter has asked me how much money I am carrying with me, as you are carrying more than 10K Canadian dollar you need to declare the exact amount as they will write that on that chit, and they said where you will quarantine yourself and you need to provide the details, if this is airbnb, relative etc.. they asked me how I will manage my grocery stuff in this 14 days quarantine period, I informed them that I will be living with my sister so no issues, than she directed me to immigration.
> As I said , immigration guy was very nice, and once we approached there, we handed over him our COPR & Passport, after 1 minute he said you need to provide me the address where they can send the PR cards, which I did. and he asked us to wait for 5 minutes, we waited and he called my name and he said congratulations you are permanent residence now, and welcome to Canada, don't forget to quarantine yourself for 14 days which is mandatory and that's it. We proceed to pick our luggage,

So, all in all you don't have to worry or overthink about the process, its very seamless experience for me and most of the others who arrived Canada recently, just ensure that you are confident when your answer, keep your quarantine plan handy and ready like where you live and how you will mange your grocery stuff, and that's it,

Let me know if you have any questions and am happy to answer, just relax and fly. Thanks.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
See, I was under the same impression and worried when I was planning to fly as temp lander... it depends on immigration guy, for me I luckily got the best immigration guy at that point of time, he never asked me anything only said that you need to be in 14 days quarantine and welcome to Canada, yes before that there is a police check, please check below:-

> In plane they will provide you the 14 days quarantine declaration form, in which you need to provide your basic details, name DOB, address in Canada, flight details and all that stuff,
> once you arrived you will be directed to Self-service kiosk where you need to scan your passport and input other details on touch screen, basically they are immigration questions if you are bringing any edible stuff, how much money you have and very basic questions, system will take your picture and you need to declare that everything is true to best of your knowledge, Its all YES & NO answer's you don't have to write anything. Once done, you click submit and that machine will provide you one small chit with your details and you than proceed to police counter.
> Police counter has asked me how much money I am carrying with me, as you are carrying more than 10K Canadian dollar you need to declare the exact amount as they will write that on that chit, and they said where you will quarantine yourself and you need to provide the details, if this is airbnb, relative etc.. they asked me how I will manage my grocery stuff in this 14 days quarantine period, I informed them that I will be living with my sister so no issues, than she directed me to immigration.
> As I said , immigration guy was very nice, and once we approached there, we handed over him our COPR & Passport, after 1 minute he said you need to provide me the address where they can send the PR cards, which I did. and he asked us to wait for 5 minutes, we waited and he called my name and he said congratulations you are permanent residence now, and welcome to Canada, don't forget to quarantine yourself for 14 days which is mandatory and that's it. We proceed to pick our luggage,

So, all in all you don't have to worry or overthink about the process, its very seamless experience for me and most of the others who arrived Canada recently, just ensure that you are confident when your answer, keep your quarantine plan handy and ready like where you live and how you will mange your grocery stuff, and that's it,

Let me know if you have any questions and am happy to answer, just relax and fly. Thanks.
I feel more relief now, thanks a thousand times for your very helpful message & I wish you the best of luck in each step of your life there.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone with VO Sydney,Nova Scotia? and have raised ready to travel webform? I had raised one on 1st Aug and received a generic reply on 6th Aug from them stating they have forwarded it to the responsible visa office and will get in touch if and when they require more information- the typical generic response that we all receive from IRCC. Anyone else with the same VO and have received any other response for ready to travel yet? Kindly let me know. Thanks!
My Visa was approved before March 18th. COPR expiry date 10th June 2020. I am from India. I had a ghost update on 8th July 2020 that i have passed my medicals in EE profile. There's no other progress since. Hence was wondering anyone with same VO has similar or different experiences/responses? Thanks again!!

Kavitaforpt

Aug 17, 2018
Anyone with VO Sydney,Nova Scotia? and have raised ready to travel webform? I had raised one on 1st Aug and received a generic reply on 6th Aug from them stating they have forwarded it to the responsible visa office and will get in touch if and when they require more information- the typical generic response that we all receive from IRCC. Anyone else with the same VO and have received any other response for ready to travel yet? Kindly let me know. Thanks!
My Visa was approved before March 18th. COPR expiry date 10th June 2020. I am from India. I had a ghost update on 8th July 2020 that i have passed my medicals in EE profile. There's no other progress since. Hence was wondering anyone with same VO has similar or different experiences/responses? Thanks again!!
Hi I am from the same VO..
We replied to 3 pointer mail on 6th july with quarantine plan, POF and other questionable answered.
And document receipt was confirmed after 5 days
Also updated my permanent address.
Lately after a month.
I am from India too.
My address got updated but no decision on my file for extension has been made yet as discussed with IRCC agent..

1 and half moth gone by no progress

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
We replied to 3 pointer mail on 6th july with quarantine plan, POF and other questionable answered.
Lately after a month.
I am from India too.
My address got updated but no decision on my file for extension has been made yet as discussed with IRCC agent..

Same here too, raised Ready to travel webform last week after there most recent update, no response from IRCC yet.
I don't understand IRCC rationale letting thousands of valid COPRs land and gating expired COPRs which are a fraction of valid COPRs. They should have given immediate extensions.
Then again, it's the more you look the less you see with IRCC

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Lately after a month.
I am from India too.

Ohh. okay got it. kavita if you dont mind can we share each others email or contact numbers in our personal chat ? so we can be in more sync with this process of our VO. Even @Dejavu_44 ???

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Same here too, raised Ready to travel webform last week after there most recent update, no response from IRCC yet.
I don't understand IRCC rationale letting thousands of valid COPRs land and gating expired COPRs which are a fraction of valid COPRs. They should have given immediate extensions.
Then again, it's the more you look the less you see with IRCC
True!!!!