+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
I am in Canada now after the 2nd attempt, here is my story which I also shared on the other thread for anyone who is interested. (My COPR was issued before Mar 18th and valid when I travel)

I tried again 2 days later and I am now in Canada. The check in was still horrible, let me share my story.
So after the first attempt, I cancelled my round trip ticket and purchased a one way ticket and give it another go.

So this time I came prepared, I even had letter of explanation, a letter from my friend that says he will let me stay at his place and so on. But honestly we don't really need all these after we have obtained COPR, especially under express entry.

Again they took all the documents and took them forever (1 hr) to come back to me saying that they are not sure if my entry will be cleared in Canada and hence would like to have me purchase another ticket just in case my entry is denied. At this point, I am quite puzzled because I had a round trip ticket 2 days ago and yet I was denied to board. I bought a ticket anyway because I would need it sooner or later and the price is actually not bad, although I was far from pleased. But the best is yet to come, I was about to get my boarding pass after showing them I bought another one way ticket for return; they said "stop"! I seriously don't know what's going on and someone said that if I have a return ticket then CBSA in Canada would even more likely to deny me entry and ask me to refund the ticket again. By now, I am not sure what to think anymore and by now I am not even sure if it is CBSA that they are corresponding anymore because if it was CBSA then it is way too unprofessional and incapable. Airline helped me refund the ticket and I finally got the boarding pass with a consent form stating that EVA will not be responsible if I am denied for entry in Canada.

FLYING- thinking could it be possible that I get denied entry? Doesn't sound right as I have all the right doc.

Landed in Vancouver, cleared the first custom, didn't ask me anything. Took my COPR to the immigration counter only to find there are 6 officers there chatting and having fun until i ruined their moment perhaps. One of them came to me and took my paper away to process and came back 10 mins later to ask me to fill out the address for PR card and I am good to go. Oh and told me to make sure I self isolate for 14 days. Voila, that's it.

I have no idea what the fuzz is all about at check in, but all is well and I am self isolating as we speak.

I am suspecting that the airline wasn't speaking to CBSA at all but only among themselves, or else its way too unprofessional.
See, what I told ya, there are people sitting in front counters of airlines who are unaware about the situation and making life miserable for the passengers for no reason, but good to know what you have landed, Congratulations.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hello all... Need a bit of advice. Our COPR is expiring on 31st Aug and was issued before 18th March but we are not in a position to move permanently from India as of now. We had planned a soft landing initially but it's being discouraged now by IRCC and also it's very expensive using VandeBharat for two people both sides. Moreover there is no assurance of it getting booked.

We plan to raise a webform now stating our inability to travel now and fly about two months later when hopefully commercial flights resume and soft landing is possible.

Kindly advice if I'm thinking the right way or should we try to travel anyhow if there's a risk of cancellation later.

Also what to mention in the webform? I was thinking about no flights easily available and also apprehensive to travel during a pandemic. Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. We are in no hurry to land and can wait couple of months also as long as there is no risk of cancellation of COPR.
Hi, i landed on 2nd aug as temporarily and leave around 31 aug, we are just overthinking lot and making our own scenarios and confusing ourselves for no reason. So, if you are ready to move in temporarily there is no harm and no one actually is asking as long as you are sticking to 14 days quarantine rule.

I was also thinking that I will seek extension but heard lot of stories that you need to sometime provide couple of document's before you will granted extension such as POF, criminal record etc, and also sometimes they are asking the lease agreement, job offer or job search proof as they will not let you in temporarily this time, meaning to say that they want you come permanently after extension and not soft landing, so I wil suggest if you able to land temporarily land and levve so you will avoid the hiccups of extension,

Reactions: dr.karansethi

james2016

Feb 13, 2016
Hi,

We landed in Toronto from Bahrain on Aug 1st. They were only interested to know our quarantine plan. They did not ask us our plan after quarantine. Again this depends on case to case. My suggestion would be to keep answers ready for all possible scenarios.

Hope this helps :)
Hi, what airline do you took from bahrain to toronto?Cause im planning to exit Saudi and enter bahrain to proceed my flight to toronto.

SAMJI

Oct 23, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Should I raise the web form to inform ready to move, if my COPR is still valid?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
An example of a Travel Authorization Letter

Must travel by: October 03, 2020

You must travel with a copy of this letter and with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence was approved on 2019/07/03 and you have received a confirmation of permanent residence (CRP). If you are from a country subject to visa requirements for travel to Canada, you have also received a permanent residence visa sticker in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence has been approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

As your CRP and Permanent Residence Visa (VRP) expire on 2020/06/03, we have extended their validity until 2020/10/31.

We do not currently print or mail new CRPs and VRPs. To travel to Canada, you will need to:

~ bring this letter, along with your original CRP and VRP.
~ show it to the airline agent as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that your new CRP and VRP are valid.
~ use this letter before October 03, 2020
~ make sure you can transit or will travel through other countries with your suggested flight route.

Please note that you must also have a valid passport to travel to Canada, and that you will need to show this letter to a Canada Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada.

If you are unable to travel by the expiration date of this letter, on October 03, 2020 IRCC will leave your application for permanent residence open and you will have to go through the CRP and VRP issuance process again. when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

~ If you are traveling by air, you will need to have a medical check-up before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face cover during the trip (including where you will be. in quarantine). Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, put off your travel plans until you feel well.

~ When you arrive in Canada, you will need to quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and watch for symptoms. You will need to have a plan for how you will quarantine yourself for 14 days when you arrive in Canada and where you will get medical treatment if you become ill.

~ During your quarantine, you will not be able to leave your accommodation for any reason. If you don't have a quarantine plan, which includes how you will purchase groceries and access other essential services, please create one first before traveling. The Government of Canada does not pay for accommodation costs once you are in the country.

~ Your compliance with this decree may be subject to monitoring, auditing, and enforcement action. Those who fail to comply could be held in a quarantine facility, fined or imprisoned.

Grenille

Jun 28, 2018

You must travel with a copy of this letter and with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence was approved on 2019/07/03 and you have received a confirmation of permanent residence (CRP). If you are from a country subject to visa requirements for travel to Canada, you have also received a permanent residence visa sticker in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence has been approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

As your CRP and Permanent Residence Visa (VRP) expire on 2020/06/03, we have extended their validity until 2020/10/31.

We do not currently print or mail new CRPs and VRPs. To travel to Canada, you will need to:

~ show it to the airline agent as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that your new CRP and VRP are valid.
~ make sure you can transit or will travel through other countries with your suggested flight route.

Please note that you must also have a valid passport to travel to Canada, and that you will need to show this letter to a Canada Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada.

If you are unable to travel by the expiration date of this letter, on October 03, 2020 IRCC will leave your application for permanent residence open and you will have to go through the CRP and VRP issuance process again. when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

~ If you are traveling by air, you will need to have a medical check-up before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face cover during the trip (including where you will be. in quarantine). Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, put off your travel plans until you feel well.

~ When you arrive in Canada, you will need to quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and watch for symptoms. You will need to have a plan for how you will quarantine yourself for 14 days when you arrive in Canada and where you will get medical treatment if you become ill.

~ During your quarantine, you will not be able to leave your accommodation for any reason. If you don't have a quarantine plan, which includes how you will purchase groceries and access other essential services, please create one first before traveling. The Government of Canada does not pay for accommodation costs once you are in the country.

~ Your compliance with this decree may be subject to monitoring, auditing, and enforcement action. Those who fail to comply could be held in a quarantine facility, fined or imprisoned.
Thanks a lot , this was helpful , I guess a lot of us would be receiving this soon once the embassy opens

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020
Could you update on what documentation you carried for the quarantine plan?

In addition, were you carrying any documentation to prove your plans about permanent vs. temporary settlement in case they asked?
we booked our stay for quarantine on airbnb for 14 days. We have our friends here so we were prepared to give their address if incase they asked us about our plan after quarantine.

Reactions: rockmyway

PavD

May 20, 2013

Hi There,

Thanks for this.

Ques: Did she receive this letter in email or in her CIC account please? Thanks.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I am in Canada now after the 2nd attempt, here is my story which I also shared on the other thread for anyone who is interested. (My COPR was issued before Mar 18th and valid when I travel)

I tried again 2 days later and I am now in Canada. The check in was still horrible, let me share my story.
So after the first attempt, I cancelled my round trip ticket and purchased a one way ticket and give it another go.

So this time I came prepared, I even had letter of explanation, a letter from my friend that says he will let me stay at his place and so on. But honestly we don't really need all these after we have obtained COPR, especially under express entry.

Again they took all the documents and took them forever (1 hr) to come back to me saying that they are not sure if my entry will be cleared in Canada and hence would like to have me purchase another ticket just in case my entry is denied. At this point, I am quite puzzled because I had a round trip ticket 2 days ago and yet I was denied to board. I bought a ticket anyway because I would need it sooner or later and the price is actually not bad, although I was far from pleased. But the best is yet to come, I was about to get my boarding pass after showing them I bought another one way ticket for return; they said "stop"! I seriously don't know what's going on and someone said that if I have a return ticket then CBSA in Canada would even more likely to deny me entry and ask me to refund the ticket again. By now, I am not sure what to think anymore and by now I am not even sure if it is CBSA that they are corresponding anymore because if it was CBSA then it is way too unprofessional and incapable. Airline helped me refund the ticket and I finally got the boarding pass with a consent form stating that EVA will not be responsible if I am denied for entry in Canada.

FLYING- thinking could it be possible that I get denied entry? Doesn't sound right as I have all the right doc.

Landed in Vancouver, cleared the first custom, didn't ask me anything. Took my COPR to the immigration counter only to find there are 6 officers there chatting and having fun until i ruined their moment perhaps. One of them came to me and took my paper away to process and came back 10 mins later to ask me to fill out the address for PR card and I am good to go. Oh and told me to make sure I self isolate for 14 days. Voila, that's it.

I have no idea what the fuzz is all about at check in, but all is well and I am self isolating as we speak.

I am suspecting that the airline wasn't speaking to CBSA at all but only among themselves, or else its way too unprofessional.
Congratulations, Welcome to Canada!

All is well that ends well!

Would you mind sharing your flight path please? Which airports and airlines in India, which was you originating (stating) city in India and how long were the connections please? Air;ines? I am trying to gather info for my Mom's flight options, hence it ill help!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Hi,

Where does the applicant reside?
Which is the VO please?

Have been waiting for my Mom's CoPR extension from NDVO *Mississauga ON is the original processing office).

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Thanks a lot.Sorry to bother you again but could you pls find out which docs she attached to prove her intention of permanent settlement?