+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

reshma_iyer

Jul 3, 2019
Nothing has been asked about temporarily or permanently, i even landed temporarily and leaving end of august, i was carrying all the possible documents from my quarantine plan, to pr delivery address, email of local health about my approved quanratine plan, and lots of other documents, just for the safe side but nothing have been asked,

14 days quarantine is mandatory by law, so no one can escape from that.

Thanks.
hi @FJK1982

It’s a great relief reading your landing experience. I really mean it.
We are also in the same boat planning on soft landing with a return ticket.
Even we reside in Middle East.
So there no question asked on permanent / temporary landing at all. Isn’t it ?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Sharing f4om someone i know who received a letter frim ircc..ircc will not issue a new copr and prv. They will send a letter stating the extension of your copr and prv with the validity date and you will show that to the airport together with your expired copr. I would like to share with you the exact letter but i couldnt attached it here
Try to copy and paste the content. This may work.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
Hi. I am a COPR holder as well, approved before March 18th. I am from Mumbai. I have already raised a webform informing IRCC that I am ready to travel.Currently waiting for a reply. I have two questions:
1.Are we allowed to quarantine at a family member's place in Canada if they have a separate room and washroom? Or quarantining in a hotel is mandatory?

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi. I am a COPR holder as well, approved before March 18th. I am from Mumbai. I have already raised a webform informing IRCC that I am ready to travel.Currently waiting for a reply. I have two questions:
1.Are we allowed to quarantine at a family member's place in Canada if they have a separate room and washroom? Or quarantining in a hotel is mandatory?
Yes, you can stay with your relatives places in a private room, wash room provided there are no vulnerable people to COVID. You can access common areas provided you minimize the contact with others.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
i dont know how to post here..if there is someone that i can send to messenger..its not the email itself that she sent just a screenshot so i cant copy and paste..

She's from the philippines, i just know her in fb as we are in the same situation, since then we've been exchanging messages..their copr expired june 2020..she just send a copy of her copr and visa and front page of the passport,but that was before they release the new guidelines. She raised a webform july 15 (if im not mistaken) to make a follow up of her previous webform and was told to make a follow up if she dont receive any update by aug.6.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Her copr and visa extended til october 30, 2020 and must travel to canada before oct 03,2020 otherwise she has to do the whole process again

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Is your COPR still valid?

You can stay at anyone's place provided you have separate washrooms/ kitchen etc. Try not to come closer with other people.

Afshakhan

Jul 26, 2020
Is your COPR still valid?

You can stay at anyone's place provided you have separate washrooms/ kitchen etc. Try not to come closer with other people.
My COPR expired on May 13th 2020. I have raised a webform informing IRCC. Hope they provide me with an extension.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Basically the rest are mostly instructions what to do before you travel and upon arrival. I know its a good relief if you see the exact email. Anyone who knows how to share here just PM me and give your messenger acct so i could forward it..thanks

Reactions: crackMBA

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
If I am understanding it correctly, her authorization letter is valid till Oct 30 ?
Yes..but they should travel before oct.03

Grenille

Jun 28, 2018
Basically the rest are mostly instructions what to do before you travel and upon arrival. I know its a good relief if you see the exact email. Anyone who knows how to share here just PM me and give your messenger acct so i could forward it..thanks
If it not to much data , would it be possible typing the contents of the extension given as in the wording , ( it will help a lot of us a breathe a bit more easily tonight)

Reactions: crackMBA