+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
IRCC (NDVO) latest tweet :
'If your counterfoil expires before you can land in Canada, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resumes'.
IRCC are joking !!! , who in his right mind expects full service to resume when the virus is breaking records world over ? Soon South Asia will have the highest numbers of infections and the fools in IRCC will then change the rules again most probably , looks like they are waiting for this to happen !! Pathetic

What communication do they want to give after full service resumes ?? when they are saying they will give electronic authorization !! Confusing people and trying to delay as much as possible, nice tactics !!!

Last edited:

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience which happened this morning. My parents were not allowed to board their flight on Lufthansa Airlines from Kenya to Vancouver, even though they had valid COPR and all necessary travel documents as well as additional proof for valid travel. Here are the details:

My parents COPR was issued before March 18 2020, so they are officially allowed to travel to Canada
Travelling from Kenya to Vancouver on Lufthansa (stop over in Frankfurt).

They were denied boarding at the Lufthansa check-in counter, with the reason officially being that travel documents were missing (I got that information by calling Lufthansa Frankfurt office just a few minutes ago).
I spoke with the Lufthansa check-in agent in real time (called Mom this morning and amazingly the Lufthansa agent took her phone to speak with me), I was told 2 different reasons why they were not allowed on the flight
1.passport did not have valid ETA (according to CIC, if valid COPR is present, ETA not required; also, the ETA IS still valid);
2. 30 minutes later, they demanded a "Card" in order to board. When asked what specific card they need, I was told they called the "Canadian Border" and her "Card" was not prepared in Canada, therefore not allowed to board.

While this was happening, I had called CBSA border services info line, and they agreed with me that my parents should have been allowed on. Lufthansa needed to communicate directly to CBSA liaison officer (all airlines have direct number).

No idea why Lufthansa did not allow them to board, and nobody is able to give us a definitive answer.

Can anyone confirm any other airline that is allowing COPR holders to travel to Canada?

Was hoping for any insight or advice regarding our current situation.
That's crap, this is the problem when there are bunch of monkeys sitting on check in counters and dont know what they should do, i just arrived on 2nd august on COPR and when i arrived at Toronto i have seen many old aged people flew from different parts of the worlds holding CoPR, thats ridiculous, what CBSA officer has said is correct, you know every airline have to get the immigration clearance before they will let you on board, they did mine to and took around 35 minutes but at the end they said its done and you can proceed further, i believe you should raise very strong and official complaint against the airlines, on all the channel from FB to Twitter and so on, and choose another airline if you can to let them fly. Good luck!

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
The airline told me CBSA inform them that my travel is not considered essential... (my copr is valid still and issued before Ma 18th)

I was completely shocked as well. And yes, whats the point of one way ticket when I can buy another one way ticket if I need in Canada.
I will try again actually.

It doesn't make sense to me either... this is what's frustrating.
Frankly speaking, first time heard like this, seems airline guys dont have clear information and they dont want to take any chances and just lied to you so you can get away, my opinion, before booking the tiket with any different airline, just check with them that you are eligibile to fly, and i am sure you are.

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
Guys, it's hard to believe that only one person has gotten CoPR extension. I truly hope this is because the other lucky dogs are just not sitting on these forums, and so we don't know about them :D

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Not booked.

yes, MHA has been saying that since June but Times of India says international commercial flights may only resume in November.
TOI is shit. Yes 100% commercial flights resumption is a dream as of now. BUT we just need two or three direct commercial flights per week if that fits "calibrated manner resumption" criteria.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Sharing f4om someone i know who received a letter frim ircc..ircc will not issue a new copr and prv. They will send a letter stating the extension of your copr and prv with the validity date and you will show that to the airport together with your expired copr. I would like to share with you the exact letter but i couldnt attached it here

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Sharing f4om someone i know who received a letter frim ircc..ircc will not issue a new copr and prv. They will send a letter stating the extension of your copr and prv with the validity date and you will show that to the airport together with your expired copr. I would like to share with you the exact letter but i couldnt attached it here
What documents did they attach with the ready to travel webform?
When Did they raise the form?
What date did they state they can travel on?
Please reply.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Can you copy paste the wordings from the letter, if that's possible? Will be a great relief for everyone as many of us are really anxious.

Also does it mean that you don't need a new VISA stamp on your passport?

Reactions: crackMBA

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Guys, it's hard to believe that only one person has gotten CoPR extension. I truly hope this is because the other lucky dogs are just not sitting on these forums, and so we don't know about them :D
Or maybe that one lucky person also lied. As everything seems so smooth on his post.

Reactions: BS85

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks! Which country is this person from? It will be helpful to know what was provided to IRCC to enable them to extend the COPR and PRV.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz