+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
You may be correct and rules may have changed during pandemic but usually it takes around 90 days for health card in Ontario. Health cards are not given on Aiports(may have changed now). So in that case you need to buy before hand at least for 2 weeks to cover your quarantine period.

Also, health card does not cover everything. For ex- eyes, dental, physio and many more.
Please check it before travelling.

Moreover, it is always advisable to travel with insurance when you are going abroad. It will cover your travel time also.

Let me if you have better idea. :)

Thanks

for information

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Sea route , looks like guys here have not done any international travel before, you need valid VISA (not expired COPR) to even use sea route !!
Commercial flights operational not happening, until vaccine comes out !!
I was sarcastic about sea route. Promise us that you are gonna wait for vaccine even if CoPR extensions are provided before vaccine.

namedoesntmatter

Jun 10, 2020
Hi Guys,

I ordered my GCMS notes and turns out that my application was approved on July 2nd. However, after almost one month, my COPR is still pending print in the queue: Vancouver- GEN (3rd North). Is anyone else have similar situation? I am inland EE-CEC.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
How does the COPR exactly work? Do they first print out the COPR and then request your passport?
They ask for your passport via a passport request and subsequently afix a travel visa on it . When they return your passport, they give you COPR along with passport. The dates on the COPR and travel visa are mostly the same so I don’t think they print COPR prior to passport request. Printing of both travel document and COPR are done at the same time. ( I speak from my experience as an Outland candidate)

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Hi All,

Which airlines are allowing COPR holders to travel? Is Air India the only airline or has there been an addition to the list.

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada

If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada

If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved
Guys, these instructions are just provided to avoid one extra step. Instead of IRCC asking you for documents after your "Ready to travel" webform, they want you to come upfront with these documents in your webform. They have saved good 2-3 weeks by updating these instructions for CoPR extension.

Last edited:

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
They ask for your passport via a passport request and subsequently afix a travel visa on it . When they return your passport, they give you COPR along with passport. The dates on the COPR and travel visa are mostly the same so I don’t think they print COPR prior to passport request. Printing of both travel document and COPR are done at the same time. ( I speak from my experience as an Outland candidate)
Thanks for the explanation. I am an outland applicant currently in US and have been asked to submit passport to Ottawa office. Just concerned about sending my passport since they are taking a long time to send it back (no other option though).

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Need help with a question-

I'm driving to Canada from U.S. on Tuesday to move permanently with my COPR document. I need a SIN number asap because my employer in Canada needs it. What's the earliest I can get it?
As far as I know, I will have to quarantine for 14 days, go to SIN office on 15th day and get the number instantly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I saw an option to apply online as well, which I can do even during quarantine? Is that possible for COPR stamped holders? How long will I have to wait if I apply online to get the SIN number?

Thank you!
On the website, it says you can apply for SIN online or by mail and it will arrive by mail within 20 business days

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
IRCC is not waiting for vaccine. They have already issued CoPR extension from Vienna VO. You should think before coming with a baseless comment or keep it to yourself only. Indian VOs are waiting for commercial flights which might resume in steps as Lockdown is easing after August 5th.
More than commercial flights, VOs would be concerned about the Covid situation in India and I think their full services will resume only after that situation is brought under control and its safe for their staff to return to work.

Reactions: BS85

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
More than commercial flights, VOs would be concerned about the Covid situation in India and I think their full services will resume only after that situation is brought under control and its safe for their staff to return to work.
Yeah you are right but other countries VOs are operational in India. There are travel restrictions which are still in place in Canada. Once they are eased out or lifted up then we might see some progress in resumption of Canada's VO in India.

Reactions: crackMBA