+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jpatidar

Jul 25, 2020
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
I'm in India and got the same response when I raised a "ready to travel" webform. However, I'm not sure what to say as I don't know which flight specifically can I book for sure. The schedule is uncertain.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Not at YVR but I heared it is at Toronto
Hey mate I just have one more question I forgot to ask you previously ... When you landed in London through VBM did the Airport authorities at Heathrow ask you to exit the airport and book a hotel or did you spend all of your layover in Airport ??

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I'm in India and got the same response when I raised a "ready to travel" webform. However, I'm not sure what to say as I don't know which flight specifically can I book for sure. The schedule is uncertain.
What's your Visa office ?

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a COPR and planning to move to Canada from the USA.

Could you please answer my below queries:

1) Can I work for a USA company from Canada as my company is US-based? Do I need any work authorization documents from Canada?

2) If my company will transfer me to it's Canada division, then can I work without SIN from Canada?

3) how much time it takes to get a PR card and SIN?

Stay Safe.

Thanks.

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Does anyone know what this means? I received this response after raising ready to travel web form...

We have received your enquiry regarding the addition of a document to your application. However, it appears that the document in question was not included with your request.

In order to assist you, we invite you to resend your enquiry along with the document by filling out the IRCC Web form.

Once received, we will gladly forward your document to the responsible office.
No way to be entirely sure, but one possibility is that you probably selected incorrect option in the webform. Going by their response, it appears that you might have chosen 'Replacement documents, Amendment to documents.....'.
I think, selecting 'Permanent Residence (applied ...)' may be more apt in your case.
It's just a guess though based on my interpretation. Good luck!

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
As some forum members replied to the post that you are referring, they are asking for plans (and plans can be tentative) mostly. At least, that's how I'm reading it. Whatever proofs you already have at the moment to support your plans, you should attach those. I don't feel, there's any need to have flight bookings before you get your travel documents renewed, if you're not comfortable with that.
You should be aware though of the prevailing situation and have an idea, how you're going to travel, when you're raising 'Ready to Travel' request. Think plan A, plan B and so on. All in all, you just need to show that you're prepared.
Best of luck!

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
you can send the webform, they'll process it only when they are ready i.e. after flights resume and their full operations start.
Hi, what 'application type' category would you suggest we use when filling out the 'ready to fly' webform? I only see 'Permanent Residence - Applied Online' as a potential category. Thanks in advance.

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a COPR and planning to move to Canada from the USA.

Could you please answer my below queries:

1) Can I work for a USA company from Canada as my company is US-based? Do I need any work authorization documents from Canada?

2) If my company will transfer me to it's Canada division, then can I work without SIN from Canada?

3) how much time it takes to get a PR card and SIN?

Stay Safe.

Thanks.
Your questions seem better suited to be consulted with a legal counsel IMHO. You should check with your employer, they may already have somebody for these kind of queries. That said, I can share with you my own biased views/opinions/thoughts:

1. A Canadian PR holder doesn't need any work authorization to work in Canada. If company was originally started in US (typical meaning of US-based), but today they are also registered as an employer in the Canadian province, where you wish to live/work, PR on your part is good enough.

2. While PR on its own is good enough to let you work, your company is going to need SIN to be able to process your salary and perhaps some other benefits. They have to deduct taxes from your salary and report to CRA, so you can't be paid without a SIN. At least, that's my understanding.

3.a. Time for PR card is not fixed, usually few months to many months. You can find current expected time here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
3.b. For SIN card, it depends how you are/have-to apply for it. If applying in person, you can get it right away at a Service Canada center; if applying via mail/online, 20 business days is what they mention on their site. More details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

Please keep in mind that I'm not a lawyer or expert on these things. Just trying to help :)

billufarmer

Sep 3, 2019
The 18 March 2020 stipulation is still in place:

If you haven’t landed yet
If we approved your permanent residence application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t landed yet, you’re also exempt from the travel restrictions and allowed to come to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html
My COPR is expiring on 8th September and it was issued before 18 March. I'm positive that I'll be able to travel by the first week of September.

So I should consider myself as being exempt from the travel restriction?
Would I still have to prove that I'm arriving for permanent settlement and not attempting a soft landing because I am planning to stay for around 20 days and then return.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My COPR is expiring on 8th September and it was issued before 18 March. I'm positive that I'll be able to travel by the first week of September.

So I should consider myself as being exempt from the travel restriction?
Would I still have to prove that I'm arriving for permanent settlement and not attempting a soft landing because I am planning to stay for around 20 days and then return.
Yes, you are exempted. But good luck with your last paragraph. Temporary stay is not allowed AT THIS TIME as per guidelines. So whatever you are planning you should convince IRCC in case something goes out of plans for you.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Your questions seem better suited to be consulted with a legal counsel IMHO. You should check with your employer, they may already have somebody for these kind of queries. That said, I can share with you my own biased views/opinions/thoughts:

1. A Canadian PR holder doesn't need any work authorization to work in Canada. If company was originally started in US (typical meaning of US-based), but today they are also registered as an employer in the Canadian province, where you wish to live/work, PR on your part is good enough.

2. While PR on its own is good enough to let you work, your company is going to need SIN to be able to process your salary and perhaps some other benefits. They have to deduct taxes from your salary and report to CRA, so you can't be paid without a SIN. At least, that's my understanding.

3.a. Time for PR card is not fixed, usually few months to many months. You can find current expected time here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
3.b. For SIN card, it depends how you are/have-to apply for it. If applying in person, you can get it right away at a Service Canada center; if applying via mail/online, 20 business days is what they mention on their site. More details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

Please keep in mind that I'm not a lawyer or expert on these things. Just trying to help :)
You can get SIN in 2-3 weeks applying online, the hardest part will be to provide proof of address, we used our 2 month airbnb receipt.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are exempted. But good luck with your last paragraph. Temporary stay is not allowed AT THIS TIME as per guidelines. So whatever you are planning you should convince IRCC in case something goes out of plans for you.
They can say all they want on temporary stay. Once you are here and you want to leave they can't stop you.

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020

Thanks a lot, Mage for a detailed explanation.
If I would not be able to travel and raise webform for the same, would I be getting any acknowledgment email from IRCC?
what's the phone number to contact IRCC from the USA?