+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Not all visa offices are open and the Canadian staff left many countries.
i agree with you on consistency but not sure how much legal costs they can afford to pay assuming thousands of people are stranded. How many those litigations will hold grounds because website and terms and conditions people accept without reading. So i am sure they can defend it.

May be a overall request from all applicants who are stuck should be forwarded to grant an extension by say 6 months if COPR has expired and landing could not have happened. That will kind of win win situation.

dsr236

Jul 24, 2020
Hello everyone. Just to inform that I landed yesterday in Canada. Thank you everone in this forum for guidence and motivation. It is a very helpful platform. Landing formalities were very smooth without hassle. They just saw our COPR n filled just form regarding isolation plan and declaration regarding money and all. No proof of funds seen. Nothing else...Free in 15 minutes at most. Airport was mostly vacant as expected. Staff was more then passengers. Thank you once again...
Hi, congrats on the smooth landing. Out of curiosity, are you permanently settling in Canada? Asking because there is some new guidance saying travel temporarily for completing the PR application is no longer allowed: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

From your comments it seems that they did not ask any questions regarding proof that you are permanently settling then?

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, congrats on the smooth landing. Out of curiosity, are you permanently settling in Canada? Asking because there is some new guidance saying travel temporarily for completing the PR application is no longer allowed: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

From your comments it seems that they did not ask any questions regarding proof that you are permanently settling then?
As of today we are planning to settle here. You are right they just told me that I can't leave without PR card

Reactions: dsr236

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my opinion:
1. Yes. But the Canadian immigration is discouraging 'soft landings' for now. Probability is still low that they will ask hard proof, if you mention that you are moving permanently.
2. Yes. Many have used Automatic Revalidation in July to come back.
3. IRCC said, no need to raise webform if you are not able to travel. Just let them know when you can and they will send next steps. Most probably they will just extend the visa later.

Also, you don't need to go with family. Only the primary needs to go before COPR expiry. You should search for details.

Let us know how it goes. Feel free to PM me
If only the primary goes you have to responsor everyone while the primary is in Canada which could mean a year separation.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Full services may also refer to substantial amt of flights are started.Or cases atleast come under control and dont rise with the speed they are increasing now.They migh consider opening the services.Vaccine us a long way to go.
Not all visa offices are open and the Canadian staff left many countries.
They can just issue e-visas , you don't need to be in the country, half year is already wasted !! One thing is for sure the virus cannot be controlled via lock down and things will only become worse and when that happens they will bring in more restrictions for sure. Canada must me praying that USA comes up with vaccine ASAP !!!

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
Hi,
I just received the same email.
How did this go for you? What did you provide in response to the email and have you received the copr extension?
Thanks.

Ag25

Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys, there are some charter flights flying from New Delhi to Toronto on 2nd August? Anyone trying to book those?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey folks, does anybody know, if Service Canada has started issuing SIN numbers at the airport again (or not yet)?