+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
That page has caused confusion before also; it might be for the officers reviewing the applications, and probably has nothing for the applicants. "This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders."

Moreover, they're not doing anything according to that page. People with expired coprs have raised multiple web forms saying they're ready to travel, but no action is taken from their side. The agents and staff are not doing their job!

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
I'm not cent percent sure but the only new thing on that web [age seems to be the following
Yup
1. This is the latest update for copr holders
2. Earlier they use to write it down with (before18 March) but this time no such date is mentioned.
  • Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • It’s only assumption,, I hope they ll shed some light in coming days.

SueyZA

Jul 4, 2020
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cape Town
Any new success stories?

Sorry if this was already covered. So as of now the process is ONLY submit webform when you are ready to travel? (not when it will be expired or already expired?)

My wife's CoPR will expire Sept 7th and she cannot travel before then due to covid and some visa issues.

Thank you.

Not sure if someone has already replied to you, but you should inform them that you are unable/unwilling to travel before her CoPR has expired so they can place a note in the file.

September is still a little while off, so you could still wait a few weeks in case your situation changes. Either way, you should keep them up to date with your situation. They will probably just send an auto reply to tell you to travel if you are exempt from the restrictions or to inform them when you are ready to travel.

At this point none of us knosw how helpful these webforms will be for extending our CoPR's, I would say it's better to follow instructions and leave a good paper trail.

Hope that helps! :)

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
I sent an email 1 week before expiry and 1 week the same day of my expiry saying that it's expired.
60 days later i got a new passport request with the new expiry date.
Good , which visa office ? in ready to travel request what details you provided ?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
looks like VAC (NDVO) guys will be closed till September for COPR visa as well assuming they don't give e-visas, looks like they are waiting for the vaccine and then ask applicants to get a shot before they land !!
I am so paranoid now that I dont even know if what you have written was just sarcasm or it was serious.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I am so paranoid now that I dont even know if what you have written was just sarcasm or it was serious.
Find below information from IRCC (India specific)
https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/frequently-asked-questions-immigration-related-queries/3287734844612460/

Confirmation of Permanent Residence - Immigration visa (IM-1)
If your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures. Eligible travellers do not require additional permission letters.
If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to e-mail IRCC as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes.

What does full service resumes mean ? When Corona vaccine is out ? Logically 'full service' can only resume when the virus is under control or vaccine is out .As per my understanding they will issue new PPR for stamping only after they resume full service.

Any ways lets hope for the best !!

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone. Just to inform that I landed yesterday in Canada. Thank you everone in this forum for guidence and motivation. It is a very helpful platform. Landing formalities were very smooth without hassle. They just saw our COPR n filled just form regarding isolation plan and declaration regarding money and all. No proof of funds seen. Nothing else...Free in 15 minutes at most. Airport was mostly vacant as expected. Staff was more then passengers. Thank you once again...