+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hi my parents passport is stuck at VFS too . Did VFS contact you once they had your passport.
I am not really sure about this, since I got no notification except for the SMS that they sent asking us to get in touch with them since in person collection of passports is not allowed. I think your parents too could have recieved such a message. I suggest try contacting the local VFS number and see what they have to say.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
looks like VAC (NDVO) guys will be closed till September for COPR visa as well assuming they don't give e-visas, looks like they are waiting for the vaccine and then ask applicants to get a shot before they land !!

Reactions: Raina1996

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Happy to help! I don't remember all details, because everything was verbal communication, but what I do remember is that they asked for my name, address, contact number, some details from the receipt that was given when your passport was submitted. Also keep your debit/credit card handy for making online payment. Once you make the payment, you should get the passport in 3-4 days. If I recall correctly, you can do this while you are on call with VFS.

Good luck!
I called them today in the afternoon. It is the VFS central customer care and the wait time was about 10-15 minutes I think. They asked me my application tracking ID, my full name, DOB, email address and mobile number. In return they confirmed the date I submitted my passport and the VFS office where I submitted it. They also confirmed the date I received a decision and when the envelope was available for collection. From there, I was asked to provide an address after being explained the service and the charges which as you rightly mentioned are Rs. 450. They use blue dart.

The lady mentioned that it can take upto a week for the Blue Dart tracking number to be generated another few weeks for it to reach me subject to the situation in the city and any government notification regarding lockdown. She also mentioned that I should receive a SMS with the tracking number once it is available and if not I can call them to ask the same. I made the payment while on the call. Hoping to receive the decision envelope soon with my passport and COPR. Can't wait.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi my parents passport is stuck at VFS too . Did VFS contact you once they had your passport.
I don't know if the fact that I raised a web form requesting COPR extension, telling them that I can't travel yet and mentioning the reason as my passport not in my possession has to do anything with them contacting me via SMS and email.

I am not really sure about this, since I got no notification except for the SMS that they sent asking us to get in touch with them since in person collection of passports is not allowed. I think your parents too could have recieved such a message. I suggest try contacting the local VFS number and see what they have to say.
If by local VFS you mean the Canadian VFS then they don't answer the call. It is set to an automated message. I have tried calling, emailing and chatting with them using the chat feature on their site. No response whatsoever. I had even contacted Delhi High Commission to explain the entire situation about not being able to travel and the reply was pretty generic. I believe the agent who responded to my web form had to do something with it. She had forwarded the request to the VFS in Beijing which perhaps was the closest VFS at that time which was still working. They sent me a letter in my account about not to worry for being unable/unwilling to travel and in the email response taking a note of the fact that my passport is still at the VFS center.

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Anybody has any idea on this? There were few posts here with people in the same position so just want to be sure if they have received any similar communication.
We have rcvd our passports n it’s not fraud,, it’s a genuine service provided by vfs for all those whose passports are stamped n stucked,,!!

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
We have rcvd our passports n it’s not fraud,, it’s a genuine service provided by vfs for all those whose passports are stamped n stucked,,!!
Hi, thanks for replying. I called them today to have it sent back. How much time did it take for you to get it back post payment/calling them?

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Guys there is an update on ircc site for copr holders (approved, expired and those who are unwilling) please check the link.
Assumptions- I think they have removed the travel exemption date I.e 18th March)

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Guys there is an update on ircc site for copr holders (approved, expired and those who are unwilling) please check the link.
Assumptions- I think they have removed the travel exemption date I.e 18th March)
What link??

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Reactions: sim_agent

vc6gc

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Any new success stories?

Sorry if this was already covered. So as of now the process is ONLY submit webform when you are ready to travel? (not when it will be expired or already expired?)

My wife's CoPR will expire Sept 7th and she cannot travel before then due to covid and some visa issues.

Thank you.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
I'm not cent percent sure but the only new thing on that web [age seems to be the following
These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.