+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
How we need to show proof of funds at entry point? Bank statement or bank draft or account to be opened in Canada before entry and tranferring funds? Actually I am afraid if my Indian bank statement will be sufficient? Thank in advance for your inputs

Jim1188

Apr 25, 2019
I maybe reading it wrong but as per the banner does it mean that only flights departing from Toronto will arrive at other destinations ... And that we have to travel to Delhi for onward flight ??
Flight 1: Delhi to Toronto
Flight 2: Toronto to Delhi, onward to Ahmedabad then Mumbai. So essentially people bound to Mumbai will disembark last.

Reactions: mayar-123456789

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
How we need to show proof of funds at entry point? Bank statement or bank draft or account to be opened in Canada before entry and tranferring funds? Actually I am afraid if my Indian bank statement will be sufficient? Thank in advance for your inputs
Bank statement is enough ... If you want to really go over have a bank issue you an official letter saying Mr. ..... Has Xxxxxxx amount of money in his account on this date with roughly translates to yyyyyy CAD....

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Can we book these flights for transit like catching another flight from Abu Dhabi to Canada?
Sadly no... These flights are only for UAE residents or people having valid UAE work permits. Plus you need Abu Dhabi Government ICA approval to board these flights .... I had the same thought so I checked ...

• Sad
Reactions: SithLord

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
One must go through the PRTD's application package before thinking of getting it after doing soft landing. Lot of soft landers avoid getting PRTD and opt for getting PR card over the mail to their home countries from someone known in Canada. I don't know what is the reason behind it but one should investigate.
Yup my friend. This is also a way to get the PR card.

billufarmer

Sep 3, 2019
As said in previous post, I raised a webform telling IRCC of my plan, including coming back to UK after 3 weeks and asked them to let me know if I cannot do this.

I just got a reply. Basically, it is very generic and says we are exempt from travel restrictions. It makes no mention of us being prohibited to do what I proposed.

We will travel at the start of August as planned. I will take a copy of this letter just in case.

All the best everyone - I will share any experience that may be of use.
I am in almost the same situation as you are but my plan is to travel in the first week of September. Hopefully by that time you would have completed the soft landing and returned back. Please do keep us informed here of your status.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I am in almost the same situation as you are but my plan is to travel in the first week of September. Hopefully by that time you would have completed the soft landing and returned back. Please do keep us informed here of your status.
I will do. I was thinking of starting a thread so people can share their landing experiences, to help people who have their trip coming up.

Reactions: Copernicus