+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
To anyone who has successfully moved to Canada, can you please let me know how long it takes for service Ontario to issue you a SIN through their online portal, thanks!

Reactions: AnaAORaug19

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
If anyone is following this process please keep in mind that you need PR Card to enter the country, otherwise you need PRTD Visa.

All the best.
One must go through the PRTD's application package before thinking of getting it after doing soft landing. Lot of soft landers avoid getting PRTD and opt for getting PR card over the mail to their home countries from someone known in Canada. I don't know what is the reason behind it but one should investigate.

Reactions: hinavin

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I had earlier contacted US Consulate in India to enquire about transiting via US and this is what they replied.

The President has issued five COVID-19-related proclamations to limit travel to the United States. These proclamations will remain in effect until terminated by the President. Entry of foreign nationals who were physically present within the following list of countries within 14 days prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamations issued May 24, 2020:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe
The Republic of Ireland
Brazil
The Islamic Republic of Iran
The 26 countries that comprise the European Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland)
The People’s Republic of China, not including the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau

Please also bear in mind the following:

• The Presidential Proclamation suspends travel to the U.S. for any individual who has been physically present in one of the above listed countries within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States.
  • The suspension also applies to traveling through a U.S. airport.
  • Transiting a country covered by the Presidential Proclamation, even without exiting the airport, counts as physical presence within that country.

The proclamations do not apply to U.S. citizens, or to any alien who is:

1. a lawful permanent resident of the United States
  2. a spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  3. a parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;
  4. a sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;
  5. a child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;
  6. an alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;
  7. C (transit) or D (air or sea crewmember) nonimmigrants
  8. seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to an A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 visa;
  9. an alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the CDC Director, or his designee;
  10. an alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or
  11. an alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.*
  12. a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Hi,

I see contradicting rules:
  • Transiting a country covered by the Presidential Proclamation, even without exiting the airport, counts as physical presence within that country.

Above statements contradict with rule no. 7 which says that Transit C visa holders are exempted.

Can anyone please clarify ?

Thanks

dikshasingh

Jan 15, 2019
Hello all and hope everyone's safe.
I had a couple of queries and was hoping for someone to shed some light on the same if possible. I'm planning to re-book my ticket to Canada by July end but my proof of funds letter is 4 months old. Due to the pandemic, its difficult to get a hard copy of a recently issued letter from my bank in India due to lack of courier services to UAE.
1. Would it be advisable to carry the same 4 month old letter issued in March 2020 as proof of funds? The funds available are more than sufficient taking into account currency rate fluctuations.
2. If the bank is able to issue a latest dated letter and will send me the soft copy of the same via e-mail, can I carry the colored printed copy of this latest issued letter since the hard copy might not be delivered?
in addition, I will be carrying past 6 months bank statements for further proof.
Thanks in advance!

P190

Dec 3, 2019
My 11 months are completed but still no update from NDVO..FILE WAS MOVED TO NDVO ON 5TH OCTOBER AND THEY STARTED PROCESSING ON 28TH NOVEMBER 2019..AFTER THAT NO UPDATES..SHALL I RAISE WEB ENQUIRY OR SHALL I WAIT FOR 12 MONTHS TO GET COMPLETE

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,

I see contradicting rules:

Above statements contradict with rule no. 7 which says that Transit C visa holders are exempted.

Can anyone please clarify ?

Thanks
My understanding is that

We cannot transit through US airports if we were travelling from one of those banned countries

We cannot enter US airports even if were only transiting through one of those banned countries.
So if we have to transit through US then we need to book non-European flights mostly Middle Eastern ones like Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. Even Cathay Pacific is allowed since Hong Kong is given an exemption or direct non-stop flights to US from India.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My 11 months are completed but still no update from NDVO..FILE WAS MOVED TO NDVO ON 5TH OCTOBER AND THEY STARTED PROCESSING ON 28TH NOVEMBER 2019..AFTER THAT NO UPDATES..SHALL I RAISE WEB ENQUIRY OR SHALL I WAIT FOR 12 MONTHS TO GET COMPLETE
Processing time is impacted due to other priorities they have. Below is the update as per NDVO official facebook page:

Status Enquiries and Processing Times

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are not able to provide accurate processing times. We are prioritizing applications from vulnerable people, those that support essential services in Canada, and applicants who are exempt from the travel restrictions. If you have an application in progress check the status of your application online.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
My understanding is that

We cannot transit through US airports if we were travelling from one of those banned countries

We cannot enter US airports even if were only transiting through one of those banned countries.
So if we have to transit through US then we need to book non-European flights mostly Middle Eastern ones like Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. Even Cathay Pacific is allowed since Hong Kong is given an exemption or direct non-stop flights to US from India.
Thank you

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hello all and hope everyone's safe.
I had a couple of queries and was hoping for someone to shed some light on the same if possible. I'm planning to re-book my ticket to Canada by July end but my proof of funds letter is 4 months old. Due to the pandemic, its difficult to get a hard copy of a recently issued letter from my bank in India due to lack of courier services to UAE.
1. Would it be advisable to carry the same 4 month old letter issued in March 2020 as proof of funds? The funds available are more than sufficient taking into account currency rate fluctuations.
2. If the bank is able to issue a latest dated letter and will send me the soft copy of the same via e-mail, can I carry the colored printed copy of this latest issued letter since the hard copy might not be delivered?
in addition, I will be carrying past 6 months bank statements for further proof.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

All good to go for your proof of funds (pof). Not to worry!

If you have online access to bank accounts and / or online statements, take prints. Coloured are fine, black and white will do. Carry the older bank certificate as well. If you don't have access to online internet banking, that might be something you could ask for now from your bank (if time permits).

Remember, if officer ever doubts establishing the truth is not difficult for them.

Secondly, coming from UAE i think they well realize, most if not all who are coming to Canada have sufficiently above required tax free earning/savings.

Get packing, stay safe on your way here...and get ready to roar into celebrations!

The True North is all eager to welcome you!

Last edited:

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
When I wrote the post in the forum, I was very upset and not able to reasonably find a solution. I thank you a ton and I am very grateful for your post. It really helped me clarify my thoughts and your action plan really helped me to do the next steps. I am deeply grateful for your help. Thank you once again.
Hi there,

It's my pleasure!

You are a true Gentleman, Lady!

Decades ago others had helped me here, humbly trying to paying it forward, my dear! I am sure you will do too!

But thank you for your kind words! Love and respect to your parents!

Last edited:
Reactions: dn3 and smithplato

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Friends, how many days of medical insurance that we need to have while landing Toronto?
I saw few posts saying that we should be present in Ontario for 153 days in the latest 183 days to be eligible under OHIP and some are saying after 3 months waiting period , we are entitled for free health coverage. Not sure which one is correct and what is the scenario there given the pandemic.

I am planning to take private travel insurance. Can somebody through light on how many days coverage I should take and suggest some me good private insurers please? I am from India.

Thanks

Reactions: AnaAORaug19