+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Mohit Mogla

Jun 15, 2019
In August, all Qatar airways flights to Toronto or Vancouver are via USA which obviously cannot book because of transit visa issue.
I want to travel in August,Can anyone suggest what other options are available?

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
After the update on CIC portal regarding expired COPRs, are you guys raising a web form and answering those three points. I'm thinking whether it is appropriate for raising one now. Any suggestions

trustem1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
After the update on CIC portal regarding expired COPRs, are you guys raising a web form and answering those three points. I'm thinking whether it is appropriate for raising one now. Any suggestions
Which update, could you please send a link to the page you are referring to?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
In August, all Qatar airways flights to Toronto or Vancouver are via USA which obviously cannot book because of transit visa issue.
I want to travel in August,Can anyone suggest what other options are available?
Wait till (maybe) travel restrictions are lifted. Then you can book Lufthansa, Etihad or any other Airways flights. Last I checked all Lufthansa flights after 25th July are priced at 62k so I would recommend you wait and then book.

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
Nothing can ever top Parents! Bless you for the approach!

If I were in your shoes (which of course I know nothing about) I would likely:
  • Immediately raise webform for 'inability to travel',
    • reason commercial flights are banned, rescue flights are unavailable -
    • attach several screen shots of you trying VB flights, + other airlines / Qatar airways - unavailable
    • (please register on VB/ROCA if not already done)
  • If circumstances (financial and otherwise) permits I would consider:
    • Soft landing, and return back to parents (yes, that will be 2 weeks + 2 weeks of quarantine) less than ideal
    • Basic admin stuff such as collection of PR card / SIN registration - whatever is feasible online. E.g. if you have any relatives / friends might agree to provide their address for residence
  • This one time pain (health wise bit of a risk) might free you of a lot of mental stress
  • Most importantly, your parents will feel relieved I think, that their child's Canada dreams are no longer at risk!
:)
When I wrote the post in the forum, I was very upset and not able to reasonably find a solution. I thank you a ton and I am very grateful for your post. It really helped me clarify my thoughts and your action plan really helped me to do the next steps. I am deeply grateful for your help. Thank you once again.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I had earlier contacted US Consulate in India to enquire about transiting via US and this is what they replied.

The President has issued five COVID-19-related proclamations to limit travel to the United States. These proclamations will remain in effect until terminated by the President. Entry of foreign nationals who were physically present within the following list of countries within 14 days prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamations issued May 24, 2020:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe
The Republic of Ireland
Brazil
The Islamic Republic of Iran
The 26 countries that comprise the European Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland)
The People’s Republic of China, not including the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau

Please also bear in mind the following:

• The Presidential Proclamation suspends travel to the U.S. for any individual who has been physically present in one of the above listed countries within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States.
  • The suspension also applies to traveling through a U.S. airport.
  • Transiting a country covered by the Presidential Proclamation, even without exiting the airport, counts as physical presence within that country.

The proclamations do not apply to U.S. citizens, or to any alien who is:

1. a lawful permanent resident of the United States
  2. a spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  3. a parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;
  4. a sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;
  5. a child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;
  6. an alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;
  7. C (transit) or D (air or sea crewmember) nonimmigrants
  8. seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to an A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 visa;
  9. an alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the CDC Director, or his designee;
  10. an alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or
  11. an alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.*
  12. a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Reactions: pkhare23

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wait till (maybe) travel restrictions are lifted. Then you can book Lufthansa, Etihad or any other Airways flights. Last I checked all Lufthansa flights after 25th July are priced at 62k so I would recommend you wait and then book.
Cathay Pacific flights come even cheaper. I checked one for 58K in August. It is better to wait for travel

Reactions: pkhare23

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
that's why the world's healthcare professional are asking everyone to stay home/not travel/etc until this shit is over at least 99%....which may take years
Yeah I now but I am not saying anything against healthcare workers. I am just saying about the test rules of the airlines.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
My interpretation:

1) Landing and coming back on the same day / next day without quarantine - Ruled out

2) Going with return tickets after 14 days - almost ruled out. But what if you tell them upfront that you would return after 14 days when asked? I guess, they might not sign our COPR but still we need to spend 14 days at our cost.

What if we go there without return ticket , book it during our quarantine period and return after 14 days. Nobody can stop us however, it is against the spirit irrespective of any consequences.

3) We go there, spend time after quarantine period, complete all formalities like SIN, Banking, health card etc, assess job market. If there is a compelling personal reason or we dont find job even for survival, it makes sense to return after a month or so.

In my view, people to need to tell IRCC ready for travel if they can fulfill option 3, which is a safe bet at this point.
If anyone is following this process please keep in mind that you need PR Card to enter the country, otherwise you need PRTD Visa.

All the best.

Reactions: kabzik

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Anyone with any experience of having booked tickets with KLM for traveling to Canada? We were booked for KLM for April but of course we couldn't. We had called them and they are running repat flights but said no to COPRs. Anyone else has any info about their flights or refund policy? Seriously hope they resume flights to Canada and I don't have to shell out more money for another flight!
Till one month back they were charging around 30% for cancellation or us the credit with in 2 years. So I kept the tickets for future.