+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
We have about 800 seats available on all Qatar Airways flights and even accounting for few booking say 200+ we still have about 550+ seats left for booking .... As was written on Twitter page there are technical issues once these are solved we might see other available seats ..... This is my opinion ....
What do you think @SithLord ??

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
We have about 800 seats available on all Qatar Airways flights and even accounting for few booking say 200+ we still have about 550+ seats left for booking .... As was written on Twitter page there are technical issues once these are solved we might see other available seats ..... This is my opinion ....
This is happening because of @SithLord 's aggressively refreshing on Qatar Airways site. Last time he did the same and broke Air India VB booking site.

skd1021

Jun 23, 2016
Dear Members,

Need some expert advice. I have COPR under Nova Scotia PNP which was approved in Feb 2020 and it is valid until end of October. I am planning to move permanently next year but need to complete landing formalities before COPR expiry.

I am planning to take Flight to Toronto during first week of Aug. After completing landing process at Toronto, I will take a domestic flight to Halifax on same day, stay in Halifax for 20 days (including 14 days Quarantine) and take return flight from Toronto after 20 days.

Although there are no travel restrictions for people holding COPR issued before 18th March, there are mixed views about soft landing at this time. Need expert advise/opinion before exploring available flight options. Thanks.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Maybe they are still working on the technical issues. Will try again and update in a few hours

Reactions: pkhare23

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe our government made some kind of dealing with them to take some commission lol who knows. Our Indian government is very good at making money during crisis.
Maybe it is referred to as supply and demand in that there are very few seats but high demand therefore airlines will charge what they want.

PM21

May 29, 2020
Is there anyone who has booked Qatar Airways Delhi to Toronto, and will require to travel to Delhi first?
I want to know what arrangements need to made for the luggage and if the luggage can be directly tagged till Toronto from the starting destination.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Thanks! So I guess if I raised the "ready to travel" form (which I now think I probably shouldn't have just yet), I won't get a response from IRCC until they on their end have a clear plan on how those with expired CoPR should be treated.
Hi! VACs in Ukraine reopened and as far as I know there are International flights from your country. So it makes sense to raise a ready to travel form (if you are willing to travel in the near future).

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015
Got my COPR before 18 march 2020. My visa has just expired and I had no chance to enter Canada earlier.

Now flights are recovering and I have let know IRCC about my wish to enter Canada and renew my visa. Below is their reply -

Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
any other relevant information.
How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)
your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC via the IRCC Webform.We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

I feel more or less ok with almost all the points. But I am very nervous regarding the bullet employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
As i have no job offer, and I thought about looking for a job inside Canada.
Will be I rejected a new visa if i have no secured job in Canada?

Has someone already got this experience?
In case they approve my new visa, what is the process? How much time will it take? I have already booked a ticket for august 9.

Last edited:

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Got my COPR was before 18 march 2020. My visa has just expired and I had no chance to enter Canada earlier.

Now flights are recovering and I have let know IRCC about my wish to enter Canada and renew my visa. Below is their reply -

Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
any other relevant information.
How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)
your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC via the IRCC Webform.We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

I feel more or less ok with almost all the points. But I am very nervous regarding the bullet employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
As i have no job offer, and I thought about looking for a job inside Canada.
Will be I rejected a new visa if i have no secured job in Canada?

Has someone already got this experience?
Which visa office ?