+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
I tried earlier some were expensive and mostly full. Will try again for phase 5. I'm not confident they will allow international flights even in August so VBM is our options now
So there is phase 5 now ?? I thought VBM only had 4 phases. So it's like don't open international travel for another 15 days and make Air India little bit richer huh :rolleyes:... And then the cycle continues ...

Reactions: Farahnaz11

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So there is phase 5 now ?? I thought VBM only had 4 phases. So it's like don't open international travel for another 15 days and make Air India little bit richer huh :rolleyes:... And then the cycle continues ...
Yes, I read yesterday India will make plans for Phase 5 after July 15

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Air India won't be able to continue like that for much longer, quite a few countries have tagged this as discriminatory. This article states that Air India will need permission to operate post July 22 to and from USA (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/with-vande-flights-facing-curbs-india-considers-travel-bubbles/articleshow/76526343.cms)https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/with-vande-flights-facing-curbs-india-considers-travel-bubbles/articleshow/76526343.cms

We might see an 'international travel ban' (travel as we once knew it before corona) for long, however the travel bubbles should(i hope) be established soon. We'll continue to have VB flights but a lot more foreign airlines will be allowed to participate.

I'm wondering if we should start raising a ready to travel form , because it seems like our only option for the next 2-4 months is VB flights and these travel bubbles once they are established.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-canada-us-gulf-air-travel-bubbles-aai-6487255/

“Talks are mainly going on between India and the US, India and Canada, India and Europe and India and the Gulf countries to start flights in these bubbles,”
Singh said the MOCA official has informed him that the discussion with the countries is at a “very advanced” level and the effort is to restart international flights at the earliest.
“I am sure there would be a positive outcome of the talks with the US, Canada and with the Gulf countries and the negotiations are going on,” he noted."

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys, I have a similar case, my COPR is expiring in first week of August but international flights in my country(India) are banned till 31st July and I am not sure if they will be starting flights right after that. My question is :

1. Should I inform the IRCC right now that I won't be able to travel or should I wait till 1st August ?
2. I am not sure if my medical was M1 or M3 is there are way to check it ? So that I can get an extension for medical ?
3. If my COPR expires do I have to go through police verification again ?
Hi Friends,

what is the M1 and M3 category, whether we can able to find it from GCMS note, before 10 days I received GCMS note and my medical is passed but not sure how i can check whether it is M1 or M3
is it any age or test criteria for that one.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi there,

My COPR also expires early August. For several reasons, that I have put in a webform, we are willing and able to travel at the start of August, complete our landing, quarantine then come back to our home country after 3 weeks. I see here that some have pointed to a Tweet from IRCC stating that soft landings are not possible at this time. However, I have read multiple times the guidance from the official website regarding this and I don't see anything here to suggest that a soft landing from abroad, if your COPR was issued before 18 March, is not allowed. In fact it basically says that if you can travel, you should. It says in black and white that COPR holders from before 18 March are exempt from the travel restrictions - with no caveats. Only if you are unable to travel should you raise a webform and apply for a COPR extension.

The advice given from Twitter (or it might have been someone on here) that said they are prioritizing:
  • Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
refers to applications still being processed, not to people that have received COPR before 18 March.

We (myself and partner) would very much like to book our trip for the start of August as getting medicals and police checks done again will be costly and difficult for us. It is unclear as to whether these will be extended as again, on their website it says that all documents should still be valid when you are ready to travel.

Also, these travel restrictions apply to the end of July. As we want to book for the start of August they may well be relaxed by then. But we are unable to wait until the start of August to get this organized. As AirTransat have announced that their direct flights from the UK will resume at the end of July, surely this is a sign that non-essential travel may be possible. These flights cannot just be for Canadian Citizens, PR card holders and people ready to move to Canada (this is just an aside, main points above).

If anyone has found any other information regarding this, it would be much appreciated. Really a link to the source of information, not just someones thoughts (unless you work for IRCC), as I don't think 1 Tweet is enough to base our entire future plans on - who knows who wrote that. I would really like some official, from the horses mouth, specific clarity on these things. And I know I am not the only one.

Here are the official websites I am basing this on:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Like I said, there doesn't seem to be any confusion here, travel if you can with no * next to it. You need valid medicals. If you cant travel, raise a webform and request and extension. Personally I don't think it would be unreasonable to plan a trip based on the official guidance written on their own website, this is what it is for surely.

I have not requested an extension on the webform, just asked because of our predicament (and gone into more detail about that) if we can travel and our plan for doing so is sound. I will of course update this forum if / when I get a response.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
As far as I know you can't do landing in Quebec if you applied under EE FSW Outland. Once you have landed in Canada and are done with PR formalities you are free to move and settle anywhere even Quebec.
You are wrong. Please do not misinform others.

You can land in Quebec if it happens to be your first PoE, but should not have an intent to live and settle in Quebec at the time of your landing. These are two different concepts.

@swack60 I highly advise you NOT to tell IRCC that you have a job offer in Quebec. Furthermore, do NOT quarantine in Quebec and do NOT declare a Quebec address for your PR card delivery. There is a very high chance that you may be denied landing in Canada altogether because you will have violated the regulations of the FSW EE program. There have been numerous accounts of this, search this forum.

However, once you are a landed PR, you can live anywhere in Canada.

Reactions: swack60

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Well, I do have a job offer and I don't know how long the potential employer are gonna wait.

Now I have a confusion-- the employer is based out of Quebec. I got CoPR under EE FSW-Outland and wondering if I submit the offer letter as proof of the employment and settlement plan, will the application itself gonna be rejected. My understanding is-- one can travel and settle anywhere in Canada except in Quebec in FSW-outland stream of express entry.

Can you guys please advise how should I proceed?
Don’t submit your Quebec letter of employment under any circumstances, you may be denied landing in Canada and your PR application will be refused. I’m not joking.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: swack60

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
Hi guys, do you think there is any chance of IRCC issuing us e-visa for extending validity of out copr? They are as it is not processing paper application. Do you think they would encourage physical submission of passport and processing of same, especially at a time when all the services are being made contactless. Any thoughts?

Reactions: pkhare23

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hi guys, do you think there is any chance of IRCC issuing us e-visa for extending validity of out copr? They are as it is not processing paper application. Do you think they would encourage physical submission of passport and processing of same, especially at a time when all the services are being made contactless. Any thoughts?
No hope no thoughts from ircc .... been waiting for this idea of evisa

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Don’t submit your Quebec letter of employment under any circumstances, you will be denied landing in Canada and your PR application will be refused. I’m not joking.
if you already have/had copr there is no way you can be denied PR, unless you are involved in criminal activities !!

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
What do you mean they cannot deny PR?
The amount of cases which can be filled against IRCC will be huge, there is no way that some copr (traveled before pandemic) are allowed to get a PR while others whose copr expired and were not able to travel, are denied !!, the e mail from IRCC clearly mentions that your application will not be denied !! Its just a matter of time.