+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
IT is not a regulated profession. There is freedom for all corporations to select an appoint candidates without any specific government imposed restrictions or specific qualifications (imposed as a policy from Government or Regulatory body). Examples of regulated professions in Canada include areas such as doctors, nurses, dentists, Real Estate agents (sales people), brokers, electricians, truck or bus drivers and many more. These regulatory bodies are Provincial (i.e. differs by the Province).

But IT is not one such profession.
This is not what the job bank and cicic says but okay!

Yiyang

Nov 9, 2019
You sound like the owner! Good luck to you!!!
Oh..Mate, I think there has some misunderstanding. We are on the same boat. There is no reason a Canadian property owner will appear in a COPR and Covid-19 topic. As a new immigrant, I just assume the same situation could happen again, and again due to this is just a health concern, we inevitably need to overcome such emotions disappointing and move forward. But, there is always another someone kindness maybe will help us, therefore, I suggest you maybe try another one.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
We really need to know when the New Delhi visa office plans to re-open. So many countries have started their visa operations in New delhi but no news from Canada.

Amir681796

Jun 13, 2019
Can we quarantine at our relative's place if they have a section of the house with separate washrooms and food options?

Captain789

May 27, 2018
I have experienced that Airbnb hosts are not willing to rent their apartments to newcomers for quarantine purpose..Anybody with similar experience?
What do you mean by that? if you rent a property, they accept it. I spoke to a number of hosts and did not see any problems with that. Or do you mean they won't help with the groceries etc?

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello Friends,
I need an Urgent Help, if you can help please.
I got my COPR along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in December 2019. Medicals July 2019.
Our COPR expiring in 20 July 2020. & we haven't flown till now for soft landing or anything. Then Covid19 happened in March, and I was really scared to travel with a kid.
So, I am really worried what will happen to my COPR? I checked CIC site, it states if you not able to travel due to Covid19, please raise web form. Don't know what is the use of that?
Can you please help me as to what is the best alternative available for me right now,
Even though Flights resume operations in July 2020, i will be scared to go on a such a long journey with a kid especially in this condition.

Can you please respond on this? I will be happy to provide any more information if you require to answer this? Thanks in advance.

Can you guys please suggest that if there is any risk of losing PR status through this process?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello Friends,
I need an Urgent Help, if you can help please.
I got my COPR along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in December 2019. Medicals July 2019.
Our COPR expiring in 20 July 2020. & we haven't flown till now for soft landing or anything. Then Covid19 happened in March, and I was really scared to travel with a kid.
So, I am really worried what will happen to my COPR? I checked CIC site, it states if you not able to travel due to Covid19, please raise web form. Don't know what is the use of that?
Can you please help me as to what is the best alternative available for me right now,
Even though Flights resume operations in July 2020, i will be scared to go on a such a long journey with a kid especially in this condition.

Can you please respond on this? I will be happy to provide any more information if you require to answer this? Thanks in advance.

Can you guys please suggest that if there is any risk of losing PR status through this process?
As confirmed by IRCC there will be no penalty of losing CoPR if you are not able to travel. Please raise a webform so that they can put a note on your application for extension. Mention the lockdown and your kid situation while raising the webform for your inability to travel.

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Hi guys,, has anybody read info about vfs India on vfs global site as it’s mentioned that vfs is closed till 30 sep for paper based applications. Does this mean that vfs is fully closed as we just need to pick our passports. We are so tensed. Can somebody shed some light on this

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Has anyone's status changed in Express entry profile post raising webform stating unable to travel due to the pandemic? The new status in express entry shows application is in progress. It was showing as approved earlier (obviously) as i had received my COPR before 18th March. My visa expired on 10th june 2020. Is this change in express entry profile any matter of concern or progress?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys,, has anybody read info about vfs India on vfs global site as it’s mentioned that vfs is closed till 30 sep for paper based applications. Does this mean that vfs is fully closed as we just need to pick our passports. We are so tensed. Can somebody shed some light on this
Please provide the link for this information as I do not find this information on VFS India site. Moving forward IRCC might be encouraging the online based application submissions and this should not be confused with other functions operated by VFS such as Biometrics and passport submissions.

Nov 9, 2019
Has anyone's status changed in Express entry profile post raising webform stating unable to travel due to the pandemic? The new status in express entry shows application is in progress. It was showing as approved earlier (obviously) as i had received my COPR before 18th March. My visa expired on 10th june 2020. Is this change in express entry profile any matter of concern or progress?
Hi Neha - I havent see this. My timelines are very similar to yours but for me the status still shows as approved.
Have you informed them that your are now okay to travel? If yes, I am guessing that can cause the update.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This is a good news your application is re opened for extension. Once you are able to travel raise the webform again and IRCC will provide you the instructions.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Neha - I havent see this. My timelines are very similar to yours but for me the status still shows as approved.
Have you informed them that your are now okay to travel? If yes, I am guessing that can cause the update.
Hi. No i have raised just the one webform. stating unable to travel due to pandemic. thats it.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
This is a good news your application is re opened for extension. Once you are able to travel raise the webform again and IRCC will provide you the instructions.
Oh ok got it. Thanks! also earlier background check was showing as completed. Now its showing processing your background check. does this mean background check which was earlier completed, they are going to check it again?

Reactions: Renalpe

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
In my opinion risking health especially when there is a child involved is a big no. Especially when IRCC made it clear that COPRs will be extended so it just a matter of waiting for few more months. I feel risking money, career or property is fine because there is always a second chance but when it comes to health that may not be the case, so got to take the safest option. Choose what your gut feeling says.
Hey, can you provide the link where IRCC made it formally clear that all CoPRs will be extended due to COVID situation. Many Thanks!