+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
H1b and other visa ban. It is recommended not to leave US if you are on these visas, otherwise may not enter back.

Last edited:

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
It seems like ircc isn't giving extension to outlands as of yet

paulos123

Jan 2, 2020
I am an inland applicant and I got a letter in my CIC account saying my application has been approved and I am now a Permanent Resident. The next step is to send the CoPR document along with a photo to the address on the letter.

I am confused if this letter acts as the CoPR, as it has the CoPR number, or if there will be an official CoPR document that I should be expecting.

Can anyone help?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I am an inland applicant and I got a letter in my CIC account saying my application has been approved and I am now a Permanent Resident. The next step was to send the CoPR document along with a photo to the address on the letter. I am confused if the letter acts as the CoPR, as it has the CoPR number, or there will be an official CoPR document that I should be expecting.

Can anyone help?
Lucky inlands ...

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

swack60

May 20, 2019
I am an inland applicant and I got a letter in my CIC account saying my application has been approved and I am now a Permanent Resident. The next step is to send the CoPR document along with a photo to the address on the letter.

I am confused if this letter acts as the CoPR, as it has the CoPR number, or if there will be an official CoPR document that I should be expecting.

Can anyone help?
I believe that’s your actual CoPR and it should serve as official document.

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Woah, truly, according to the above section of the Order, leaving Canada before the end of the 14-day quarantine is allowed! Why hasn’t anyone pointed this out before?

However, where does it say that you can only leave Canada in a private car? I do not see it. There’s nothing about the means of transportation required to be used to leave the country in Section 8 or the other Sections it refers to:

Section 2.2 is about the requirement to wear masks while travelling.
Section 3 is about the requirement of asymptomatic persons to quarantine.
Section 4 is about asymptomatic persons who are unable to quarantine and allowances for the matter.
I think this and op's post are one of the most important posts in this entire thread. So, to my understanding, soft landers do not need to stay the entire 14 days regardless of how they arrived I.e. Bus, car, plane, is my understanding correct?

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

PriyamG

Jun 23, 2020
I was speculating based on "They continue to quarantine themselves until they depart from Canada". Only doable via private vehicle
I have a CoPR that is valid till September. So if I enter Canada by Private car, will my PR be processed at the port of entry? How long should I plan to stay to get the PR formalities done. I want to drive back to USA asap. How will my SIN be processed? I would mostly be entering Vancouver.

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I think this and op's post are one of the most important posts in this entire thread. So, to my understanding, soft landers do not need to stay the entire 14 days regardless of how they arrived I.e. Bus, car, plane, is my understanding correct?
Yes and No.

It's a bit confusing because there are two aspects to it.

You can only enter Canada if it is considered essential travel. If you enter, then you are subjected to quarantine and they make sure you do it.

If you tell the officer that you are there just to flagpole and because you are driving, you are not required to quarantine ad per the directive, they can very well easily say, this is a non-essential visit and deny processing your copr.