+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Continuing from my previous post. I received a reply to my web form in the form of a message/letter in my application stating that they received my extension request. If I'm unable or unwilling to travel then it wouldn't impact the COPR. Whenever I'm ready I need to raise a web form again and they'll then let me know whatever the prevailing process is at that time.

I believe that is supposed to be interpreted as anything goes except cancelling the COPR as of now. Just that the lack of clarity or standard process is making me uncomfortable which is natural and common I suppose. If anybody gets and updates then please do share.

Akos

Mar 7, 2017
I had a three hour layover and had a separate booking so had to check-in the bags again. I'd recommend go for at least 3.5 to 4 hours in between flights if you can. Anything less involves a risk of you not making the connecting flight if things goes wrong like your international flight and/or immigration getting delayed.
Thank you...

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
Glad you could travel during these times. Could you help clarify a few questions as we are also planning to travel during the next few weeks :
1. Is this your soft landing or have you moved permanently ?
2. What are your plans to obtain SIN. My understanding is Service Canada offices are currently shut and we need to apply online for a SIN

Glad you could travel during these times. Could you help clarify a few questions as we are also planning to travel during the next few weeks :
1. Is this your soft landing or have you moved permanently ?
2. What are your plans to obtain SIN ? My understanding is Service Canada offices are currently shut and we need to apply online for a SIN
Thanks

As for my landing, I could say that it is a kind of soft landing. My plan is to stay for a month and go back to my country of residence and then in the future make a plan for a settlement in Canada. I just didn't want to lose the chance of landing and finalising my PR.

As for SIN, service centres are closed but you can submit a SIN application online. Which I have done and according to the website it would take twenty days to be issued.

Reactions: kruhiputar

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Everyone. Quick couple of questions:

My understanding is that the land U.S- Canada border(Detroit-Windsor) is currently open for people who commute daily? Can someone confirm this? I plan to do initial landing via road to Canada in a month from now, and then immediately after that start commuting daily(Windsor-Detroit-Windsor). If daily travel is allowed(I will work from home during day in Detroit on Student visa in U.S, and go to Windsor, Canada for the evenings and night), I have few things to ask/confirm:

1. Would I still initially for the first landing need to quarantine for 14 days in Windsor, and I won't be able to drive to Detroit for 14 days?
  2. Does this 14 day quarantine apply only for the first time? Because people who commute daily are technically coming from U.S, so how does this quarantine thing work?
  3. Is there a phone number where I can ask the border officials, or if you guys know that would be helpful
  4. If anybody has any vague clue, when would the quarantine requirement be lifted, that would be good to know

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

My understanding is that the land U.S- Canada border(Detroit-Windsor) is currently open for people who commute daily? Can someone confirm this? I plan to do initial landing via road to Canada in a month from now, and then immediately after that start commuting daily(Windsor-Detroit-Windsor). If daily travel is allowed(I will work from home during day in Detroit on Student visa in U.S, and go to Windsor, Canada for the evenings and night), I have few things to ask/confirm:

1. Would I still initially for the first landing need to quarantine for 14 days in Windsor, and I won't be able to drive to Detroit for 14 days?
  2. Does this 14 day quarantine apply only for the first time? Because people who commute daily are technically coming from U.S, so how does this quarantine thing work?
  3. Is there a phone number where I can ask the border officials, or if you guys know that would be helpful
  4. If anybody has any vague clue, when would the quarantine requirement be lifted, that would be good to know
ok so none of this is confirm.. and I am posting this only because I have seen this question a couple of times..

Please correct me in case I am wrong

As of today,

If one enters Canada, 14 day quarantine..
Saw in a video that if you want to leave Canada, you need to take ministerial permission..

If you enter Canada again.. another 14 days

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Border is open for essential workers to commute daily. For example there are quite a lot of health workers who live in Windsor but commute to Detroit. They would be allowed to cross.

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Border is open for essential workers to commute daily. For example there are quite a lot of health workers who live in Windsor but commute to Detroit. They would be allowed to cross.
If I'm not mistaken it's not only the health workers, it's also the people who work daily. Does anyone know any phone number of the border which is working these days?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I'm not mistaken it's not only the health workers, it's also the people who work daily. Does anyone know any phone number of the border which is working these days?
It is for essential workers. Health workers was an example of an essential order. Look online for the number. The general line may be the only one available.