+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jun 18, 2020
Has anyone taken the recent Lufthansa repatriation flights from India with just COPR?

It appears they are allowing Indian nationals on the flight that have "Permanent residence status" and whose spouses are Canadian nationals. I'm worried that they will deny boarding because COPR is not technically permanent residence.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
This is totally fine. I believe US Canada borders are closed till July 31 for non essential travel. Your VO seems proactive and has cancelled your CoPR and your application is reopened. Otherwise they would have cancelled your CoPR on 26th July (your current CoPR expiry date). No worries, just raise another webform when you think you are able to travel.
Fingers crossed.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
@adityacs007 : hey, so you sent proactive web form to inform that you are not able to travel by expiry of your COPR and hence they cancelled it well before time i.e. 6/26?
Yep. And ironically, someone here posted on the same day they traveled by road on H1 and came back in 5 days. I would have traveled if I knew in March. It's pretty risky now though with speculation around Trump's H1 policy.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I don't think there is anything to worry about. For many who have expressed their unwillingness to travel, their application status has changed from 'approved' to in "progress". Although they did not get such an explicit mail, but it is apparent that their files will be reopened again. Many will be asked to re-medicals while other might recieve extension of medical/copr by default depending on individual case, country and local visa offices's decision. There is nothing to worry.
Let's see. Hopefully shit won't hit the fan.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hello, do we have anyone here who is CEC or FSW-Inland and in process of receiving PR card based on the PR confirmation letter. Want to know specific of the process, if someone can. Thank you.

SG_VRAJ

Jun 19, 2020
Glad you could travel during these times. Could you help clarify a few questions as we are also planning to travel during the next few weeks :
1. Is this your soft landing or have you moved permanently ?
2. What are your plans to obtain SIN. My understanding is Service Canada offices are currently shut and we need to apply online for a SIN
My landing in Canada has been complete and I just wanted to share my experience.

The country of my residence, Oman, has closed its airspace to commercial travel since March 29. I was patiently waiting for the restrictions to be lifted. When I realised that it may go well beyond my copr expiry date, July 2. I decided to take a different route.

My nationality is Iranian and Iran never closed the air borders since the panedemic, in spite of being one of the hard hit countries. There were weekly flights for Iranians living in Oman. I took one of these repatriation flights and only after two days I flew out to Toronto with Qatar Airways from Tehran. My point of entry was Montreal and everything went much smoother than I expected. It took the officer about 10 minutes to process my permanent residence. As for the 14-day isolation, they only asked if I had a plan and if there was anyone to help me with food. I had printed my Airbnb reservation but the officer did not specifically asked to see it.

Overall, the journey was long but well worth it. I hope all of you who need the extension in this group will get it and do the landing soon.
Glad you could travel during these times. Could you help clarify a few questions as we are also planning to travel during the next few weeks :
1. Is this your soft landing or have you moved permanently ?
2. What are your plans to obtain SIN ? My understanding is Service Canada offices are currently shut and we need to apply online for a SIN

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Everyone. Quick couple of questions:

My understanding is that the land U.S- Canada border(Detroit-Windsor) is currently open for people who commute daily? Can someone confirm this? I plan to do initial landing via road to Canada in a month from now, and then immediately after that start commuting daily(Windsor-Detroit-Windsor). If daily travel is allowed(I will work from home during day in Detroit on Student visa in U.S, and go to Windsor, Canada for the evenings and night), I have few things to ask/confirm:

1. Would I still initially for the first landing need to quarantine for 14 days in Windsor, and I won't be able to drive to Detroit for 14 days?
  2. Does this 14 day quarantine apply only for the first time? Because people who commute daily are technically coming from U.S, so how does this quarantine thing work?
  3. Is there a phone number where I can ask the border officials, or if you guys know that would be helpful
  4. If anybody has any vague clue, when would the quarantine requirement be lifted, that would be good to know

sanketdalal

Apr 20, 2020
Available research suggests that smokers are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 outcomes. Thats why I asked if IRCC could ask to re do the medicals for such cases.
Smoking is not detected in the medicals unless smoking has really caused some serious damage to lungs. And it takes years to get lungs damaged by smoking.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
Apart from survey, there is feedback link also available through which we can pass on feedback to IRCC. We should also use that to share our plight with IRCC. I have already submitted my feedback, urging others to submit their's.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/survey-client-covid19-2020.html . Then click on submit feedback.
Same here ...I also did the same two days back. I am even considering to write to the minister, IRCC. But not sure if this would be a drastic step. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/minister.html