+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
Hi All, I got this email from CIC. My COPR hasn't expired yet. I did email them about inability to travel from US to Canada due to travel restrictions.
Anyone else got this?

Dear client,
Please note that due to current circumstances your Visas and Confirmation of Permanent Residences (CoPRs) have been cancelled and your approval status has been removed. Once the travel ban is lifted and our offices have reopened, your file will be re-approved and you will be able to send your passports for processing to obtain your new valid CoPRs and Visas and complete the landing process.
You may continue to correspond with this email regarding your application.
Thank You,
I don't think there is anything to worry about. For many who have expressed their unwillingness to travel, their application status has changed from 'approved' to in "progress". Although they did not get such an explicit mail, but it is apparent that their files will be reopened again. Many will be asked to re-medicals while other might recieve extension of medical/copr by default depending on individual case, country and local visa offices's decision. There is nothing to worry.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi,
I just got email survey about inability to travel to Canada from Canadian govt. I hope people not able to travel use this survey so the ircc can have better idea how serious problems are including covid fear, expensive tickets etc.

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
My landing in Canada has been complete and I just wanted to share my experience.

The country of my residence, Oman, has closed its airspace to commercial travel since March 29. I was patiently waiting for the restrictions to be lifted. When I realised that it may go well beyond my copr expiry date, July 2. I decided to take a different route.

My nationality is Iranian and Iran never closed the air borders since the panedemic, in spite of being one of the hard hit countries. There were weekly flights for Iranians living in Oman. I took one of these repatriation flights and only after two days I flew out to Toronto with Qatar Airways from Tehran. My point of entry was Montreal and everything went much smoother than I expected. It took the officer about 10 minutes to process my permanent residence. As for the 14-day isolation, they only asked if I had a plan and if there was anyone to help me with food. I had printed my Airbnb reservation but the officer did not specifically asked to see it.

Overall, the journey was long but well worth it. I hope all of you who need the extension in this group will get it and do the landing soon.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
My landing in Canada has been complete and I just wanted to share my experience.

The country of my residence, Oman, has closed its airspace to commercial travel since March 29. I was patiently waiting for the restrictions to be lifted. When I realised that it may go well beyond my copr expiry date, July 2. I decided to take a different route.

My nationality is Iranian and Iran never closed the air borders since the panedemic, in spite of being one of the hard hit countries. There were weekly flights for Iranians living in Oman. I took one of these repatriation flights and only after two days I flew out to Toronto with Qatar Airways from Tehran. My point of entry was Montreal and everything went much smoother than I expected. It took the officer about 10 minutes to process my permanent residence. As for the 14-day isolation, they only asked if I had a plan and if there was anyone to help me with food. I had printed my Airbnb reservation but the officer did not specifically asked to see it.

Overall, the journey was long but well worth it. I hope all of you who need the extension in this group will get it and do the landing soon.
Congratulations on becoming PR

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
Thank you the uncertainty is killing! We really hope to land before the CoPR expires (some do not and it’s all good). We had resigned from our jobs and travelled home to be with our family before moving to Canada and then lockdown happened!
I am so happy you made it and i can imagine your joy. When the airspace opens, we will do the same, first flight out! Meanwhile, i rejoice with the ones who have already made it :)
Very happy to share here that we finally managed to land before our CoPR expiry. Our port of entry was Toronto, let me briefly share my experience.
We travelled on a charter flight from my country since the airspace is still closed.
Arrived on the 16th of June, except for the long queue (99% of the people we flew in with were CoPR holders) the experience at the immigration was rather smooth.
The questions asked were:-
1. As per the CoPR- if we have ever been convicted of any crime or denied entry into Canada
2. How much money we had brought in cash
3. If we knew that we had to quarantine. The officer didn’t ask or check the proof of the same.

We don’t have a permanent address yet as we rented an AirBnB so we have to update that online when we do.
We then proceeded to fly to Calgary which was our final destination.
We are so thankful that we managed to get here as we had hoped. When i wrote the above post we didn’t even know how we were going to do it but God is so good and He made a way.
Praying for everyone who wants to to land and believe that you will make it.

God bless.

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Can you pls share the contents of the mail?
Dear Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) client,

You have been chosen to take part in a Government of Canada survey. Your email address was identified in our records as being associated with a past or existing immigration application, or you may have been invited to apply to a specific program.

The COVID-19 pandemic has interrupted the lives of many people around the world. For some, it has required making big changes to our current lives and future plans.

The Client Experience Branch at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is conducting a survey to understand if COVID-19 has affected clients. The results of this survey will allow IRCC to better understand how clients are experiencing the impacts of COVID-19. It will also help IRCC to understand how the impacts of COVID-19 may affect intentions to remain in, or immigrate to Canada.

The survey will take 20 minutes to complete. Your participation is voluntary. Your answers will remain confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. Your decision to participate/not participate will not affect your immigration status, or any decision made on an existing or future immigration application(s). IRCC has posted a notice about this survey on our web site that confirms the survey is authentic and led by IRCC.

The information collected from the survey will be used for research purposes only. Your responses to the survey questions will be combined with the responses of all other survey participants. You will find more information on the first page of the survey.

This survey will only remain open until July 3, 2020. To access the survey, click on the link below, and input your unique PIN. Since only you can respond to the survey once, please do not share it with anyone.

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Very happy to share here that we finally managed to land before our CoPR expiry. Our port of entry was Toronto, let me briefly share my experience.
We travelled on a charter flight from my country since the airspace is still closed.
Arrived on the 16th of June, except for the long queue (99% of the people we flew in with were CoPR holders) the experience at the immigration was rather smooth.
The questions asked were:-
1. As per the CoPR- if we have ever been convicted of any crime or denied entry into Canada
2. How much money we had brought in cash
3. If we knew that we had to quarantine. The officer didn’t ask or check the proof of the same.

We don’t have a permanent address yet as we rented an AirBnB so we have to update that online when we do.
We then proceeded to fly to Calgary which was our final destination.
We are so thankful that we managed to get here as we had hoped. When i wrote the above post we didn’t even know how we were going to do it but God is so good and He made a way.
Praying for everyone who wants to to land and believe that you will make it.

God bless.
Congrats, was your COPR issue date post 3/18?

Reactions: Getty

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
By collecting these survey responses, IRCC will better understand how our clients are experiencing COVID-19 and the volumes of applications or arrivals to Canada that IRCC can expect in the near future

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hi All, I got this email from CIC. My COPR hasn't expired yet. I did email them about inability to travel from US to Canada due to travel restrictions.
Anyone else got this?

Dear client,
Please note that due to current circumstances your Visas and Confirmation of Permanent Residences (CoPRs) have been cancelled and your approval status has been removed. Once the travel ban is lifted and our offices have reopened, your file will be re-approved and you will be able to send your passports for processing to obtain your new valid CoPRs and Visas and complete the landing process.
You may continue to correspond with this email regarding your application.
Thank You,
This is strange.

Reactions: Captain789

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
You won't meet the experience and/or academic requirements unless you have prior experience abroad and you meet the academic requirements (provided they are approved by WES etc). If you already meet the requirements then you can apply from Canada. But your Canadian academic program won't count until you get your degree..
I was going to say this.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz