+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

jtsalehi

May 17, 2020
Hello all. I submitted a web form stating that I will not be able to travel before my COPR expires. And below is response I received.

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.

Just wanted to ask about the points in red. Mailing method for sending my passport? and what receipt number are they asking?
Thank you

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Any help is much appreciated
Frankly speaking, September is too far and there are chances that corona risk would be low at that time. Just assess the situation by mid Aug and if you don't feel safe then raise a webform for your unwillingness to travel. At this moment lot of international flights are grounded anyway but if International flights are resumed by Aug then I don't know if IRCC would consider unwillingness to travel a valid reason for CoPR extension. Just assess the situation till Aug and if its safe to travel then please go ahead with your current CoPR.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello all. I submitted a web form stating that I will not be able to travel before my COPR expires. And below is response I received.

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.

Just wanted to ask about the points in red. Mailing method for sending my passport? and what receipt number are they asking?
Thank you
I think you have provided wrong entries for any of these while raising webform : Name, email address, DOB, UCI, Application Number. Raise the webform again with correct information. IRCC agent is not able to find your PR application with the information you had provided.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
New Zealand has got rid of the virus and Australia will also soon be virus-fee so things are already easing down. Hopefully by September situation should be a lot better and corona risk would be low.

Reactions: dn3

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
New Zealand has got rid of the virus and Australia will also soon be virus-fee so things are already easing down. Hopefully by September situation should be a lot better and corona risk would be low.
Even virus is under control in Canada and soon they will open up but the job market might take sometime to get back to normal. Experts are saying that different parts of India would see virus peaks at different time. Since things are opening up in India also, I believe we will surely get the answers by July if we have controlled the virus or not. I am favouring that virus will be brought under control by late July or early Aug. Finger crossed.

tango94

Mar 13, 2020
Hi,
I'm having valid COPR visa under family class/spousal sponsorship , visa expiring on 24 September, 2020, would like to travel to Canada for permanent settlement on 24 June, 2020 via Air India Vandebharat Mission.
I need confirmation that I can board the flight to Canada as per exemption given by CBSA to the immediate family members. And my COPR is issued before 18 March, 2020.
Anyone who has traveled under spousal sponsorship via vandebharat mission?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Same here. The challenge, would you be allowed to be back without a permit? And if A permit is required, what are the chance you get approved? My current dilemma....
For now, a permit is required to return to the UAE but this rule is temporary. As things return to normal, the ica approval will eventually not be needed.

Reactions: Rahil Lakhani

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
For now, a permit is required to return to the UAE but this rule is temporary. As things return to normal, the ica approval will eventually not be needed.
Yes correct it seems like a temporary arrangement, however, the risk seems to be there especially for cases of soft landing. While leaving the UAE might be easy, I am afraid 3 weeks down the road, when you plan to come back, others get a return priority and things get a bit challenging... I am planning to travel first week of July. My CoPR expires mid of July. Yourself?

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Frankly speaking, September is too far and there are chances that corona risk would be low at that time. Just assess the situation by mid Aug and if you don't feel safe then raise a webform for your unwillingness to travel. At this moment lot of international flights are grounded anyway but if International flights are resumed by Aug then I don't know if IRCC would consider unwillingness to travel a valid reason for CoPR extension. Just assess the situation till Aug and if its safe to travel then please go ahead with your current CoPR.
But they had "unwilling" to travel in the mail. That should be a reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Airbnb with private room and private bathroom is sufficient to satisfy them for quarantine? The host also lives in the house but I will not be sharing any facilities with him.
You should not have a shared house. Your situation is likely going to be an issue unless your host is willing to remain at home for 14 days as well.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Unwilling is added due to Corona risk while travelling. International flights in India will resume once it's safe to travel and spreading of virus is contained. At that time this unwillingness to travel due to risk getting infected while travelling might not be that conclusive for getting an extension. If unwillingness if due to some other reasons then it could be a different story.