+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sushi_nairobi

Jun 9, 2020
My wife is going to land on June 22 using the evacuation flight from delhi to Toronto.
I have a semi detach bunglow house. I have my cousin and his two friends living in basement and I live on first floor. Both floors are completely separate with own kitchen and bathroom and entrance.
However my question is if my wife quarantine with me (we will be in separate rooms but have shared bathroom and kitchen) will I also have to quarantine my self as I go to work. As for food my sister once a week will buy all the fresh vegetable and produce and will drop it outside the door step. Although I drive I will prefer not to go anywhere else except work.
Thanks

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hello everyone
Has anyone received an automatic PR visa extension due to coronavirus?
My acquaintance wrote to the Paris office a couple of weeks ago and he had a response that visas can be extended for 90 days automatically.
which category of visa - CoPR extension?

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Greetings, I recently saw your you tube video on your landing and congratulations on that.

May I ask you few questions if you could help us out with it?

a) Did you have a valid UAE residency while checking in?
b) If you did have a valid residency - Did the immigration, document check or check in folks doubt your intention to settle in Canada or bother you with why you had a valid UAE visa while checking in to Canada?
c) Did you have to cancel your UAE residency visa before travelling or boarding to Canada as a COPR?
d) Did any of the airport folks raise a concern about your travel being non essential OR did Emirates do any kind of check with CBSA or Canadian immigration prior to boarding if you had a valid UAE residency visa?
f) Did you have a one way or two way ticket to Toronto / Canada?
g) Do you plan to return to UAE after quarantine? If so how did you manage ICA approval from GDRFA as residents are not allowed to return. Did you have it in advance before you boarded?
**** There is a lot of chatter about COPR holders with UAE valid visa not allowed to board as they deem that non essential travel, so I just wanted to get some clarity with people who have traveled from UAE.

Lastly,
h) How is it on the ground in Canada? Is it as bad as they say it is? Congratulations on making it to the other side.

Thanks and Regards
Mohammed.

Absolutely,

Yes i did have a valid UAE visa
b) If you did have a valid residency - Did the immigration, document check or check in folks doubt your intention to settle in Canada or bother you with why you had a valid UAE visa while checking in to Canada?
No Immigration did not ask anything at all.
c) Did you have to cancel your UAE residency visa before travelling or boarding to Canada as a COPR?
No, i am here with the intention of a soft landing
d) Did any of the airport folks raise a concern about your travel being non essential OR did Emirates do any kind of check with CBSA or Canadian immigration prior to boarding if you had a valid UAE residency visa?
Prior to boarding Group security was checking documents for Canada. They do not care about the UAE residence visa at that point. The importance was at Canadian documentation.
Yes, One way ticket.
g) Do you plan to return to UAE after quarantine? If so how did you manage ICA approval from GDRFA as residents are not allowed to return. Did you have it in advance before you boarded?
I plan on returning to Dubai whenever we do not require the above. For me my work is very flexible and i can do it remotely. Therefore, i came with the intention of being in Canada for at least a couple of months till things get better hopefully.

**** There is a lot of chatter about COPR holders with UAE valid visa not allowed to board as they deem that non essential travel, so I just wanted to get some clarity with people who have traveled from UAE.

I boarded with a valid visa, and no one ... not even the immigration had any issues with that.

Lastly,
h) How is it on the ground in Canada? Is it as bad as they say it is? Congratulations on making it to the other side.
It's absolutely normal here. I haven't been out ofcourse, but i am staying near a busy street and everything is hustlin and bustlin... also, people are maintaining social distance, not all of them are wearing masks though.

hope that helps.

feel free to message anytime.

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Hammad,

Congratulations on your successful landing. I'm excited and happy for you. If you don't mind, I have a few questions. I am also in Dubai, but my COPR expired in April, so I'm waiting for them to re-issue my COPR. I believe your COPR was still valid by the time you traveled. My question goes thus:

1. In your post, you described the length of the queue at YYZ. Roughly how many minutes/hours did the whole process take. I'm asking because when I eventually travel, I will have a connecting flight from Toronto to Winnipeg, and the cheaper flights might have connecting time might of 2 hours or even less. I just want to have an idea of what to expect, so that I can book the appropriate flight.
2. I will be traveling with my wife and two kids. I keep wondering how the flight will be for the kids. I just wanted to ask if you traveled with a child, or if you noticed other passengers with kids.
3. Did they ask for proof of funds again?
4. Did you provide a contact number that they can reach you on when in quarantine? I'm curious as to how one can get a mobile number immediately after landing. From my other travel experiences, I can only buy a sim card after passing through the immigration section.

I apologize for asking too many questions.

Thanks, and I wish you all the best.
Dear Abdulgafar,

no need to apologize at all, would love to answer your questions.

1. It took me around 45 minutes. Initially i thought it would take longer, but the border control was efficient and called in more staff to help out which sped up the process.

2. I saw many kids on board. I don't personally have any kids, but i can tell you that it was alright. The crew was extremely helpful and efficient. (The day i flew was the day many EK employees were laid off... i could sense a bit of sadness but they were absolutely brilliant as always on EK).

3. Nope, they didn't ask for ANYthing for me. which was strange. Just the address for my PR card.

4. Yes i did, i gave my relatives number and details. SIM card won't be available at the airport as most of it was closed (unless it opens up in the coming week... which does seem like the plan for some places in Canada).

Wish you the best, feel free to reach out anytime.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
I am not willing to travel due to corona risk. We are a family with three kids. My copr expires on sept 5.
Is there any one here with similar situation? What can we do ? I raised a web form in march end and ircc replied we are exempted and can travel.

Please advise.
Thanks
Any help is much appreciated

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey, congratulations on your landing. I'm doing the same trip in 2 weeks. I just have a question.
Was your UAE residence visa still valid at the time you departed? I have a one way ticket and I am not planning a soft landing. But some people are saying that people with valid UAE residence visas are not deemed as essential travel?
My UAE visa was valid.
No one asked me anything about my UAE visa. Only concern was the COPR and it's details (date of expiry etc).

Reactions: saad_im

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi, many congrats on your landing..

How did you manage the police permission? Did u receive it late or u went without one?
If you mean the permit for moving during curfew time?

I left after 6am after it was over... as i only live 10 mins away from the airport in Mirdif.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Any help is much appreciated
Hi myself expiry july 28 I raised webform saying flight cancelled also not willing to travel at this time due to corona risk as family with comorbidities. They replied my file forward to delhi they will look after it. But with visa office closed they may take time to respond

Canadianimmi

May 23, 2019
Absolutely,

Prior to boarding Group security was checking documents for Canada. They do not care about the UAE residence visa at that point. The importance was at Canadian documentation.
Yes, One way ticket.
I plan on returning to Dubai whenever we do not require the above. For me my work is very flexible and i can do it remotely. Therefore, i came with the intention of being in Canada for at least a couple of months till things get better hopefully.

I boarded with a valid visa, and no one ... not even the immigration had any issues with that.

Lastly,
It's absolutely normal here. I haven't been out ofcourse, but i am staying near a busy street and everything is hustlin and bustlin... also, people are maintaining social distance, not all of them are wearing masks though.

hope that helps.

Thank you so much. It really helps a lot, and I mean for a lot of people. Wish you all the best of luck for your new journey in Canada and congratulations again. @h2o_o2_co2

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Absolutely,

Yes, One way ticket.

Lastly,

hope that helps.

Thanks Hammad for your detailed response, Shukran

Reactions: h2o_o2_co2