+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
My application's status in CIC account got Final decision as approved when I collected my passport from VFS global. My Final decision date is after the CoPR issued date. I remember the person at VFS global stroked his fingers on keyboard when I collected my Passport and CoPR and when i reached home I received an email regarding status update in CIC account. After login into my profile I saw that application status changed to Approved. What a feeling it was! *deep breaths*
Mine shows 10 Jan where as my copr reached vfs on 13th Jan.May be becoz 11 and 12 were sat sunday.But if our file is already approved before 18th March why shall we fall under restrictions.Thats just weird.If Canada removes travel bans on 30th June then will we be allowed?Means those who are approved after 18th March?

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
I believe no one here has received CoPR with extended validity yet. All I can suggest is as per information available on IRCC website which states that if you are unwilling to travel then you are eligible for extension. Yes, you can raise a webform for extension around 2-3 weeks prior to your CoPR expiry with your flight booking and cancellation email. In the end its your decision to travel or not to travel within your current CoPR validity but just be aware that CoPR extension option is there too.

I raised webform for inability to travel this is their reply

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different contact options.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
@virkz and anyone who did soft landing in last two months, Do the officers ask about questions on our intentions to permanently settling down in Canada ? While I am planning to settle down , My husband may leave in a month since he still has a job in India.

I am asking because I read on a few forums about people being denied boarding or turned away at Toronto because they couldn't convince the officers.

@virkz Were you asked any questions while boarding the vande bharat flight in India ? My COPR expiry is in July. I managed to get booking on one of the flights in phase 3.
The officers at Delhi Airport make sure that you are allowed to travel to Canada and obviously have one way ticket, not return ticket.
Immigration Staff/Airline Staff at connection (In my case it was London) also checked for thrice whether the traveller is exempted from travel restrictions.
Immigration Officer at Toronto strictly make sure about you address, facilities, separate rooms, separate kitchen and nearby essential commodities facilities to your residence. And if we can’t convince him/her about our quarantine period then he/she will surely not allow us to exit the airport. Toronto Peel police/concerned police can also visit that address (Not visited at mine).

If anyone planning for soft landing, please make sure that you will allowed to fly back to your home country (obviously after quarantine period).

that was my personal experience not advice.

Reactions: rex230

Gkahlon

Oct 10, 2019
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
2 may
File Transfer...
22 aug
Anyone who has successfully booked air india repatriation flight ticket today?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It looks impossible to book through Air India, the site just keep crashing. I gave up lol

I heard people say they're crazy expensive as well. Better to wait for the international travel ban to be lifted we will find much better flights than Air India. British Airways and Air Canada will come a lot cheaper.

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Experience of services in Ontario these days :-

1. SIN can can be applied online and usually received in 10-12 days. (I received it with error in my Given a Name:), I am finding ways to get it rectified)
2. DriveTest locations are closed so far till further orders, but may be there is one open in downtown, need to check. Don’t follow google maps for DriveTest opening timings as it’s showing all are open but in actual they are closed. So better to call.
3. Ontario is giving Health Cards right away. It hardly takes 15 minutes, you will be provided with a paper having your health card number, actual card will receive in three weeks. You can register you family doctor on paper card as well because it’s having you health card number with version. So it’s hardly two hours process to get the paper health card and register a family doctor in your area.
Hey! I have a question regarding the SIN. Did you need to submit proof of residence when you applied online?

Also, did you manage to open your bank account with just your COPR and passport? I saw on TD that you need two forms of identification on top of a COPR. I have only one.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s just unfair. So I am encouraging all of you to do your best to travel before the expiry of your COPR. Nothing is clear on what will happen after the expiry of your visa. The extension is far from being an easy procedure, it’s a whole new process that no one knows how long it will take or if it you will get approval for extension or not.
Really bad
We have a new cry baby on the forum.
Yes it's all clear what will happen. Only you don't get it.

Reactions: Dia89

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
The officers at Delhi Airport make sure that you are allowed to travel to Canada and obviously have one way ticket, not return ticket.
Immigration Staff/Airline Staff at connection (In my case it was London) also checked for thrice whether the traveller is exempted from travel restrictions.
Immigration Officer at Toronto strictly make sure about you address, facilities, separate rooms, separate kitchen and nearby essential commodities facilities to your residence. And if we can’t convince him/her about our quarantine period then he/she will surely not allow us to exit the airport. Toronto Peel police/concerned police can also visit that address (Not visited at mine).

If anyone planning for soft landing, please make sure that you will allowed to fly back to your home country (obviously after quarantine period).

that was my personal experience not advice.
Thank you so much detailed reply. i'll try to make sure all of the requirements are fulfilled.

I did manage to book after an hour of trying. Prices were 1,07,000 per person.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Thank you so much detailed reply. i'll try to make sure all of the requirements are fulfilled.

I did manage to book after an hour of trying. Prices were 1,07,000 per person.
How did you book them? Air India site keeps showing that all flights are unavailable!! Do they have an alternate site for Vande Bharat flights?

Moizh

May 3, 2019
We have a new cry baby on the forum.
Yes it's all clear what will happen. Only you don't get it.
It would have been respectful from you to just explain what will happen rather than addressing me as a cry baby!
As a matter of fact no one knows what will happen including IRCC, I think you’re the only person who is so certain of the outcome of this fluid situation