+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gamer.nfs

Jun 5, 2020
Air India still says 'not available'. Has anyone booked tickets on their evacuation flights yet?

Been trying to book the flights since 5:00 pm today but no luck. I tried looking for various other dates but once I click to book now and fill in the details it never goes beyond payment page. either the page is redirecting to flight search page(https://bookme.airindia.in/AirIndiaB2C/Booking/Search) randomly or you just get a server error. Although still trying as I type this post out

This is totally unacceptable from Air India. first they say bookings will commence from "17:00 hrs" today now they are saying "Flights are being opened in systematic manner for booking, on the website"

And on top of that none of the customer care numbers are working and neither is their live chat agent module!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
LOL honestly, their website is crashing just as badly as the economy.
It did, after forever, load for me and showed a ticket to Toronto for 4 lakhs. -.- No Thankyou!
After nearly 40 minutes of endless refreshing I have given up.

Seriously can't believe Air India would take advantage of our desperation. For 4 lakhs one can actually fly first class on Lufthansa like royalty. Air India needs to be avoided like a plague.

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
@virkz and anyone who did soft landing in last two months, Do the officers ask about questions on our intentions to permanently settling down in Canada ? While I am planning to settle down , My husband may leave in a month since he still has a job in India.

I am asking because I read on a few forums about people being denied boarding or turned away at Toronto because they couldn't convince the officers.

@virkz Were you asked any questions while boarding the vande bharat flight in India ? My COPR expiry is in July. I managed to get booking on one of the flights in phase 3.

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
Did you find any answer???? I am looking for help on this too

@virkz and anyone who did soft landing in last two months, Do the officers ask about questions on our intentions to permanently settling down in Canada ? While I am planning to settle down , My husband may leave in a month since he still has a job in India.

I am asking because I read on a few forums about people being denied boarding or turned away at Toronto because they couldn't convince the officers.

@virkz Were you asked any questions while boarding the vande bharat flight in India ? My COPR expiry is in July. I managed to get booking on one of the flights in phase 3.

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
My CoPR expires in first week too and I am from Karnataka, looking to travel ASAP
You finalised your travel already?? Or in the process?

Hi friends
My CoPR is going to expire on July first week
I finally was able to book via AirIndia site for 6th June Mumbai to London (AI) to Toronto (AC) for 7th june, Price 1.17 lac INR+ 900 CAD
There is no transit visa needed for london or frankfort for CoPRs in this ticket scenario
Air India site was super slow, many times shown tickets unavailable, but keep on searching, we may be lucky.

For Frankfort CoPRs dont need transit visa for this ticket scenario, no 12 hours limit, confirmed with Frankfurt Border security
Thought to share you all... thanks

I am from Hyderabad, is there any one on same boat please? Kindly let me know as i still need to finalize my Hyderabad to Mumbai travel..

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Experience of services in Ontario these days :-

1. SIN can can be applied online and usually received in 10-12 days. (I received it with error in my Given a Name:), I am finding ways to get it rectified)
2. DriveTest locations are closed so far till further orders, but may be there is one open in downtown, need to check. Don’t follow google maps for DriveTest opening timings as it’s showing all are open but in actual they are closed. So better to call.
3. Ontario is giving Health Cards right away. It hardly takes 15 minutes, you will be provided with a paper having your health card number, actual card will receive in three weeks. You can register you family doctor on paper card as well because it’s having you health card number with version. So it’s hardly two hours process to get the paper health card and register a family doctor in your area.
Thanks @virkz for such a informative post. For 3rd item, do we need any specific documents for Health Cards? Is it also online?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States

When I landed few weeks ago, they didn't ask anything about it, they were ok with using my friends address for the PR card also, plus I flew back 2 weeks after I landed.
All I said was I am landing here for the first time and I handed over the Copr. The person at the immigration counter just asked for the quarantine plan, address for PR card and the statutory questions about dependents and crime. Didn't even ask about goods :/

Reactions: icanh and rex230

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Actually it turned out that even if you get the visa extension, your new visa will be issued after March 18 and you will not be exempted from the travel ban.
My COPR expired on the 11th of May and my application was reopened. I have raised a webform before the expiry of my COPR, and I have raised another webform after that explaining my readiness to travel now.
Unfortunately I have received this email from Rome Visa Office:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the travel restriction measures provide an exemption for foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before 18 March 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

However, as your COPR document expired before you travelled and your application reopened, a new decision is required on your case that will be dated after 18 March 2020. As such, you would not fall under the travel restriction measure exemption.

You can use the Web form to request more information from IRCC Ottawa. It can be found at www.canada.ca/en/im...expire

Until you receive specific instructions to renew your documents, it is inadvisable to book flights to travel to Canada.

Please be advised that the Embassy of Canada in Italy is offering essential services only at present due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Reissuance of documents is not possible at this time.

Kind regards,
Oh this is another twist.Thats not gud.

Reactions: Moizh