+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I posted another thread about landing via a stopover in Toronto....should I have posted it here? My brother in law has his COPR / Visa and I'm hoping he can do a soft landing here in Canada. He'll likely have to fly to Calgary via Toronto. Would he have to quarantine in Toronto or can he do it in Calgary? How much time does it take these days to process PR in Toronto? If this is the wrong thread, please let me know. Thank you :)
Official Canada website
If you are arriving from outside Canada and are deemed safe to fly, you may board a connecting flight to your destination. However, upon arrival at your final destination, you must go directly to the place where you will isolate, and remain there for 14 days. This is because you are still at risk of developing symptoms and infecting others. You may be subject to additional provincial or territorial public health measures at your final destination.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I posted another thread about landing via a stopover in Toronto....should I have posted it here? My brother in law has his COPR / Visa and I'm hoping he can do a soft landing here in Canada. He'll likely have to fly to Calgary via Toronto. Would he have to quarantine in Toronto or can he do it in Calgary? How much time does it take these days to process PR in Toronto? If this is the wrong thread, please let me know. Thank you :)
As far as completing landing in Toronto with a connection whilst expect there may not be a big queue due to COVID still probably best to assume a 2-3 hour connection time given whatever anyone says whether they took 20 mins or an hour doesnt mean will be same for everyone. There could for example have been more than one agent processing PR landings or there may be one due to staffing issues no way to predict. There could even be a surge in people landing on the day he travels.

zen119

May 28, 2018
Anyone landed in Canada ,Specially transit via Montreal? I would like to know about the landing experience.

Moizh

May 3, 2019
Dear folks (with expired COPR),
Don't you think it is unfair that we can't book any of these flights because of our expired COPR ?
Canadian citizens, PR and folks with valid COPR can book these flights. Folks whose COPR expired in late March, April, May are the most impacted lot since many of us left our jobs and sold off our belongings and were supposed to start new life in Canada. We have been patiently waiting for many months, still clueless when extension or new COPR will be issued. Even when it is issued, whether we will be unable to travel or not.
Actually it turned out that even if you get the visa extension, your new visa will be issued after March 18 and you will not be exempted from the travel ban.
My COPR expired on the 11th of May and my application was reopened. I have raised a webform before the expiry of my COPR, and I have raised another webform after that explaining my readiness to travel now.
Unfortunately I have received this email from Rome Visa Office:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the travel restriction measures provide an exemption for foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before 18 March 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

However, as your COPR document expired before you travelled and your application reopened, a new decision is required on your case that will be dated after 18 March 2020. As such, you would not fall under the travel restriction measure exemption.

You can use the Web form to request more information from IRCC Ottawa. It can be found at www.canada.ca/en/im...expire

Until you receive specific instructions to renew your documents, it is inadvisable to book flights to travel to Canada.

Please be advised that the Embassy of Canada in Italy is offering essential services only at present due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Reissuance of documents is not possible at this time.

Kind regards,

Moizh

May 3, 2019
It’s just unfair. So I am encouraging all of you to do your best to travel before the expiry of your COPR. Nothing is clear on what will happen after the expiry of your visa. The extension is far from being an easy procedure, it’s a whole new process that no one knows how long it will take or if it you will get approval for extension or not.
Really bad

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Actually it turned out that even if you get the visa extension, your new visa will be issued after March 18 and you will not be exempted from the travel ban.
My COPR expired on the 11th of May and my application was reopened. I have raised a webform before the expiry of my COPR, and I have raised another webform after that explaining my readiness to travel now.
Unfortunately I have received this email from Rome Visa Office:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the travel restriction measures provide an exemption for foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before 18 March 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

However, as your COPR document expired before you travelled and your application reopened, a new decision is required on your case that will be dated after 18 March 2020. As such, you would not fall under the travel restriction measure exemption.

You can use the Web form to request more information from IRCC Ottawa. It can be found at www.canada.ca/en/im...expire

Until you receive specific instructions to renew your documents, it is inadvisable to book flights to travel to Canada.

Please be advised that the Embassy of Canada in Italy is offering essential services only at present due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Reissuance of documents is not possible at this time.

Kind regards,
This clears the air. Let's wait now to get things settled. Travel ban in Canada is up to Jun 30 and it may get extended depending on the situation.

ravina06

May 15, 2020
I did it too. They are allowing it. He can self isolate in Calgary

Reactions: chilkootcee

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Experience of services in Ontario these days :-

1. SIN can can be applied online and usually received in 10-12 days. (I received it with error in my Given a Name:), I am finding ways to get it rectified)
2. DriveTest locations are closed so far till further orders, but may be there is one open in downtown, need to check. Don’t follow google maps for DriveTest opening timings as it’s showing all are open but in actual they are closed. So better to call.
3. Ontario is giving Health Cards right away. It hardly takes 15 minutes, you will be provided with a paper having your health card number, actual card will receive in three weeks. You can register you family doctor on paper card as well because it’s having you health card number with version. So it’s hardly two hours process to get the paper health card and register a family doctor in your area.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Is this the same as saying that if our "final decision" date on Express Entry profile is before 18 March 2020, we are eligible to fly into Canada before the COPR expiry?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is this the same as saying that if our "final decision" date on Express Entry profile is before 18 March 2020, we are eligible to fly into Canada before the COPR expiry?
I don't think so. I believe it's "Issued Date" in the CoPR and it should be on or before 18th March 2020. I don't think the new CoPR will have same "Issued Date" as the expired one.

Reactions: Moizh

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I don't think so. I believe it's "Issued Date" in the CoPR and it should be on or before 18th March 2020. I don't think the new CoPR will have same "Issued Date" as the expired one.

Their website states the following

"If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures."

Now,
If you log into your account , it clearly states under "Final decision - MM/DD/YYYY Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details"

Do you guys have an issue date on your COPR prior to or after the approval date in your profiles?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Their website states the following

"If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures."

Now,
If you log into your account , it clearly states under "Final decision - MM/DD/YYYY Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details"

Do you guys have an issue date on your COPR prior to or after the approval date in your profiles?
My application's status in CIC account got Final decision as approved when I collected my passport from VFS global. My Final decision date is after the CoPR issued date. I remember the person at VFS global stroked his fingers on keyboard when I collected my Passport and CoPR and when i reached home I received an email regarding status update in CIC account. After login into my profile I saw that application status changed to Approved. What a feeling it was! *deep breaths*

• Love
Reactions: pumpkin_latte