wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I think we can as they have arranged so many flights in June so though we were able to travel if we had valid docs.
Question is which CoPR holders they're allowing to book tickets? Those complying with exemption list or everyone.
Also, what about the 60 days or 90 days criteria thing in the info link? Are we supposed to let them know about the ability to travel within 60 days after the expiry of CoPR?

ab282

Dec 11, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a query if anyone can help!
Me and my wife have got our PR and the my wife is the primary applicant. My question here is do the proof of funds have to be in her name or in her account (Indian Bank account) or funds in my account can also be shown as proof of funds?

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys

i just checked the schedule of the Vande Bharat Mission.
http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Web-schedule-phase-3-complete-3-Jun-20-1800-Hrs.pdf

So there are flights leaving only from Delhi to Toronto every day (1:00 departure) from the 12th June onwards. there's only 2 flights from Delhi to Vancouver (18th June and 22nd June)

so also in the pdf It says on point 1 for domestic transfer ( Note 1: Please note that all Domestic Flights mentioned in schedule below are meant for International connecting passengers departing and arriving on the Air India Evacuation flights.)

now in my case, my closest airport is Mumbai and there are no domestic flights (connecting flights) from Mumbai to Delhi in the schedule. so how is one supposed to reach Delhi?

I understand there are normal flights from Mumbai to Delhi flights but they all have a free luggage limit of 20 kgs per bag, whereas international flights have a luggage limit of 2 pieces 23 kgs(each).
so pay for extra luggage or don't carry enough luggage ? for moving out to the country would be a little bit of a problem with such a small limit.

I think driving or the train to Delhi would be a problem as well.

please let me know if I am missing something in this

thanks and hope all are well with you :)
I think that is the only option, not keeping Mum - Del flights means they expect us to book the regular domestic route flgihts perhaps?
Paying for the extra luggage is still a small concern in comparison to a domestic flight getting cancelled :oops:
Rail is not an option as one has to undergo 7 day quanrantine after arriving in Delhi....

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Question is which CoPR holders they're allowing to book tickets? Those complying with exemption list or everyone.
Also, what about the 60 days or 90 days criteria thing in the info link? Are we supposed to let them know about the ability to travel within 60 days after the expiry of CoPR?
I think those approved before 18th March.I have not seen any such info that we have to tell them within 60 days.When we were not able to travel how cud we raise webform.I think they have written that if applicant does not inform within 60 days that he is able to travel he should be assessed for another 60 days.That means we should inform within 4 months.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
These flights are gonna fill super fast as there are lot of PR holders and Canadian citizens in India along with valid CoPR holders. I still don't think if we should consider Vande Bharat flights as our ability to travel. How we will submit our passports for re stamping? Internationals flights and VFS offices are related to each other. VFS global handles VISA requests and International flights need VISA to get you on board.
I am thinking the other way round.We have to just inform them that we are able to travel as there are a lot of flights now.May be when a lot of ppl raise this web form they feel the urgency to open VFS too and start the process of extension.I think by 1 July they should open vfs.Secondly they know that they can not process our application untill vfs are opened so any ways they will not take any step.But our request will be there in their inbox atleast.I have heard that vfs has started biometrics for student visa applications.May be they start for us too next.

Reactions: Raghuveer and Dia89

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a query if anyone can help!
Me and my wife have got our PR and the my wife is the primary applicant. My question here is do the proof of funds have to be in her name or in her account (Indian Bank account) or funds in my account can also be shown as proof of funds?
It should be in her account or you can join her name in your account.

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Hi guys. I live in US and have gotten COPR and PRV which is valid until 23 September. I do not have a visa stamped in my passport so if I travel to Canada to get PR I cannot come back without visa stamped and currently all consulates are closed. What do you guys recommend I do? Should I raise a web form informing IRCC that I can not travel now?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am thinking the other way round.We have to just inform them that we are able to travel as there are a lot of flights now.May be when a lot of ppl raise this web form they feel the urgency to open VFS too and start the process of extension.I think by 1 July they should open vfs.Secondly they know that they can not process our application untill vfs are opened so any ways they will not take any step.But our request will be there in their inbox atleast.I have heard that vfs has started biometrics for student visa applications.May be they start for us too next.
Opening of VFS offices is completely under the local administrative authorities. Yes there is no harm in raising a webform for ability to travel but trust me receiving a generic reply for it will add more frustration.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. My COPR expires August 6th, I intended travelling June 4th, I paid for my ticket since March. My Country's Airport are still closed for international travel but Domestic flights will resume June 21.Should I raise a webform now? What heading will I choose from the list of inquiries while raising the webform as none specific to COVID hindering travel is specified? I have my travel itinery from the airline and price quote record details, I paid cash and those were the documents I received ,will they be enough attachments because I don't have a receipt which shows how I paid?
No, I don't think you should raise a webform now. Hold on till you get an extension news on international travel or the go ahead for international travel. Hold on till like say two to three weeks before your CoPR expires (although I think there would have been a major change by then).. Unless of course you are unwilling to travel. Just reschedule your flights , I assume its a cancelled flight.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
For those of you in Pakistan, there is some good news.
Emirates Airlines has announced that it is starting passenger flights from Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad from 8th June. These flights will allow passengers to transit onwards (Toronto) from Dubai.

Please note, passengers will not be allowed to enter UAE without residence visas and ICA approval, they are only allowed to transit onwards thru Dubai Airport.

tjhunt

Feb 27, 2018
Minneapolis
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
Hey, guys don't want to instill any panic or anything, so last week I talked to a CIC agent by phone to find out if I can extend the COPR which will expire on August 1st. Wanted to get an idea on what they suggest you do if you want to extend your COPR because of all the COVID thing going on. Basically I told him that due to the Pandemic I am reluctant to travel from the US to Canada before my COPR expires. Here is the transcript from our conversation, it seems like they may or may not extend the COPR. It depends on the officer who will take a look at your files:

"Your COPR was issued on 12th February so it's before March 18th so you are exempt from the travel restriction. Now if for any reason, you are unable to come to Canada. Since you are telling me it’s a question of choice because of the COVID situation. What I would suggest is to send a webform to Immigration Canada with an explanation letter stating why you would not be able to come by the expiration date which is August 1st. Now I can’t guarantee what the answer from the officer responsible for your application will be like I said in a general manner the COPR is a document that can’t be extended so you have used it before the expiration date so you have to go through the whole application from zero. So in this case like I said if for any reason you can prove you have pertinent reasons you cannot come by the date, write an explanation letter and send it to us by a webs form. The officer that will review your request will judge if they can extend that date or not."

Reactions: ruka

asm1987

Dec 18, 2019
Wow some news finally.. So just to reiterate do we have to pre inform airindia/GoI of anything before booking or can we book directly? Asking from a COPR holder's perspective, any COPR holders looking to book during this phase of flights please share your views.. would be very helpful
Ok guys i just looked up the MHA guidelines for the vande Bharat flights it says "only those persons shall be allowed to travel to the destination countries who are citizens of that country; who hold visa of at least one year duration of that country; and Green Card or OCI card holder. In case of medical emergency or death in the family, Indian nationals holing six month visa can also be allowed."

My COPR expires on the 5th of July 2020. Am i eligible?