+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for sharing.
My COPR Expired on 23rd April 2020. Now can I inform to IRCC that I am able to travel in VANDE BHARAT MISSON Flights.
Actually guys this is valid question.Can we really raise a web form that we are able to travel given the high amount of flights being arranged from India to Canada?Vfs being open or not is not our look out.Our part is just to inform them that we are able to travel as we do have lots of options on which we are missing out due to expired coprs.Pls discuss.

AyotundeAkola

Mar 30, 2020
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. My COPR expires August 6th, I intended travelling June 4th, I paid for my ticket since March. My Country's Airport are still closed for international travel but Domestic flights will resume June 21.Should I raise a webform now? What heading will I choose from the list of inquiries while raising the webform as none specific to COVID hindering travel is specified? I have my travel itinery from the airline and price quote record details, I paid cash and those were the documents I received ,will they be enough attachments because I don't have a receipt which shows how I paid?

Reactions: CountessO

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Ye
Actually guys this is valid question.Can we really raise a web form that we are able to travel given the high amount of flights being arranged from India to Canada?Vfs being open or not is not our look out.Our part is just to inform them that we are able to travel as we do have lots of options on which we are missing out due to expired coprs.Pls discuss.
Yes should we raise web stating we are ready to travel

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Travel news for 04 June 2020

1.British Airways is expected to lose its privileged status at the country’s largest airport due to plans to lay off a quarter of its workforce, the ministers said. Link
2. India's aviation minister: “We are continuously monitoring the situation and will consider restarting international flights as soon as situation normalises a bit and poses no danger to our citizens. We will also have to consider that countries where we intend to fly are open to incoming foreign citizens,” Link
3. Air India on Wednesday said it will operate 75 outbound passenger flights to select destinations in the US and Canada between June 9 and June 30 under the Vande Bharat Mission. Link

Reactions: hinavin

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Travel news for 04 June 2020

1.British Airways is expected to lose its privileged status at the country’s largest airport due to plans to lay off a quarter of its workforce, the ministers said. Link
2. India's aviation minister: “We are continuously monitoring the situation and will consider restarting international flights as soon as situation normalises a bit and poses no danger to our citizens. We will also have to consider that countries where we intend to fly are open to incoming foreign citizens,” Link
3. Air India on Wednesday said it will operate 75 outbound passenger flights to select destinations in the US and Canada between June 9 and June 30 under the Vande Bharat Mission. Link
Some more background for anyone interested about BA

1)Just to clarify that British Airways is planning to lay off around 12000 of their 42000 staff, around 4700 are cabin crew, approx 1100 pilots, rest are in other areas of the BA business.

Sure it has been mentioned that maybe BA should suffer by taking away landing slots at Heathrow but currently there is no mechanism to do that legally as I understand it . Also it has been stated what would that achieve as has been stated less slots means less BA flights means even more redundancies so making matters worse. Also should they lose slots who would they go to, some non UK Airline such as AIr India, EMirates, Qatar and so on so seems an empty threat as the UK Government would not want slots to go to any foreign airline and there are only a handful UK airlines now most who would maybe not want to cover the extra cost of operating from LHR.

Note from June 8 all arriving international arrivals into UK will need to quarantine for 14 days. Transit passengers who stay airside are not required to follow this guidance so important to stay airside and not exit. Seems the consensus is that the quarantine should have been in place back in March and not at the point when most countries, UK included, have past the peak with the airlines already struggling now puts any recovery in doubt.

Reactions: hinavin

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
Hello,

Two questions

1) I got my CoPR last year and I am planning on landing by Aug/Sep. I have started to prepare job applications while I am currently in India and I wanted to know if there is any way to get a reliable Canadian phone number (virtual number, VoIP, etc) that I can use for the applications.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have tried Fongo/Textnow and various suggestions and they have all stopped services in India.

2) How do I apply reliably for jobs? Is it just linkedin? I am an Implementation Manager/Product Manager/Business Analyst.

I am currently jobless in India because I quit mine in Dec to relocate in March but borders were closed. I am helpless and desperate since it's been six months of unemployment.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
These flights are gonna fill super fast as there are lot of PR holders and Canadian citizens in India along with valid CoPR holders. I still don't think if we should consider Vande Bharat flights as our ability to travel. How we will submit our passports for re stamping? Internationals flights and VFS offices are related to each other. VFS global handles VISA requests and International flights need VISA to get you on board.

sudheer_thota

Mar 16, 2020
These flights are gonna fill super fast as there are lot of PR holders and Canadian citizens in India along with valid CoPR holders. I still don't think if we should consider Vande Bharat flights as our ability to travel. How we will submit our passports for re stamping? Internationals flights and VFS offices are related to each other. VFS global handles VISA requests and International flights need VISA to get you on board.
Rightly said. I think we better wait for communication on the next steps from VFS/VAC. No point sending webform now.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi ircc says copr will be extended if not able to travel because of travel ban. But I want to know if it will be extended if not willing to travel as first time landing we can't expect to quarantine in new country.

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for sharing.
My COPR Expired on 23rd April 2020. Now can I inform to IRCC that I am able to travel in VANDE BHARAT MISSON Flights.
Please let us know what reponse you get from them. My copr expres on 5th Aug and I am unwilling to travel cause I have a little one iwth me and dont want take that risk.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello,

Two questions

1) I got my CoPR last year and I am planning on landing by Aug/Sep. I have started to prepare job applications while I am currently in India and I wanted to know if there is any way to get a reliable Canadian phone number (virtual number, VoIP, etc) that I can use for the applications.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have tried Fongo/Textnow and various suggestions and they have all stopped services in India.

2) How do I apply reliably for jobs? Is it just linkedin? I am an Implementation Manager/Product Manager/Business Analyst.

I am currently jobless in India because I quit mine in Dec to relocate in March but borders were closed. I am helpless and desperate since it's been six months of unemployment.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

You can try Tollfreeforwarding.com. I used it and works well but you need to pay around 4$ rent / month and call charges.
You can try monster.ca, indeed.ca and many more job sites. Just google it and see which site frequently publishes jobs that are related to your field.
Getting offers while in India seems to be rare. So try to be there in Canada as early as possible. Good luck to you.

Reactions: ivoyager and PM21

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Hi guys

i just checked the schedule of the Vande Bharat Mission.
http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Web-schedule-phase-3-complete-3-Jun-20-1800-Hrs.pdf

So there are flights leaving only from Delhi to Toronto every day (1:00 departure) from the 12th June onwards. there's only 2 flights from Delhi to Vancouver (18th June and 22nd June)

so also in the pdf It says on point 1 for domestic transfer ( Note 1: Please note that all Domestic Flights mentioned in schedule below are meant for International connecting passengers departing and arriving on the Air India Evacuation flights.)

now in my case, my closest airport is Mumbai and there are no domestic flights (connecting flights) from Mumbai to Delhi in the schedule. so how is one supposed to reach Delhi?

I understand there are normal flights from Mumbai to Delhi flights but they all have a free luggage limit of 20 kgs per bag, whereas international flights have a luggage limit of 2 pieces 23 kgs(each).
so pay for extra luggage or don't carry enough luggage ? for moving out to the country would be a little bit of a problem with such a small limit.

I think driving or the train to Delhi would be a problem as well.

please let me know if I am missing something in this

thanks and hope all are well with you :)