+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
Hi Team, I have an urgent question.
Background - I am the primary applicant, with dependents being my wife and Son.
Situation - I am travelling to Ontario from UAE this coming Wednesday. I am travelling alone and my wife and son will join me in September (when our COPR expires).

Question - Since I am travelling first, do I have to make custom declaration right now or my wife can make the declaration (based on cargo movers packing list). I ask this because I am not sure what we will be finally getting to Canada in September and dont want to disclose either less or more item during my landing, since its not confirmed.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.
Hello Everyone

Proud to say that I landed safely Yesterday. There was absolutely no hassle either during transit or post landing.

On my query above, I checked with the officer for two points as follows along with replies;
1) My Dependent are following me in Sept and they will have a clear list of unaccompanied baggage. Is it ok if they make a declaration at that time?
response: Since your wife will have a clear understanding at that time on the matter, it is better that she make a representation at her landing. Ensure that you pre-fill the declaration document and better still if she caries a packers list with her.

2) Currently I am carrying x amount in physical currency. But I will be bringing in some more funds in future, exact amount I am not sure. Can I make a partial declaration now and then when my wife lands she makes the differential declaration.
Response: As long as the funds that she is declaring is coming in, in her name it should be fine.

Then they said welcome to canada, stay safe, bye, NEXT

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Hello All , I just got this message in my email, but I don't see any message on my CIC account, can you please tell me what is this about? Are they asking me for my ability/inability to fly or is it a system generated message?
I have not raised a webform yet ..

" We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: sunnyabhambri@gmail.com.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application."

Reactions: aurelero

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
Hello Everyone

Proud to say that I landed safely Yesterday. There was absolutely no hassle either during transit or post landing.

On my query above, I checked with the officer for two points as follows along with replies;
1) My Dependent are following me in Sept and they will have a clear list of unaccompanied baggage. Is it ok if they make a declaration at that time?
response: Since your wife will have a clear understanding at that time on the matter, it is better that she make a representation at her landing. Ensure that you pre-fill the declaration document and better still if she caries a packers list with her.

2) Currently I am carrying x amount in physical currency. But I will be bringing in some more funds in future, exact amount I am not sure. Can I make a partial declaration now and then when my wife lands she makes the differential declaration.
Response: As long as the funds that she is declaring is coming in, in her name it should be fine.

Then they said welcome to canada, stay safe, bye, NEXT
I like that "NEXT". Lol. I hope NEXT is all members of this forum!!!!

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
"Unwilling to travel" is still there They have removed the medical part.
Please be careful before posting as wrong information can create panic among many folks. Below is the paragraph that contains unwilling:

"Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956."
Reading here what matters "
When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports." The medical examination is still here upon re opening of application. Any thoughts?

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
No , on f1, took a flight. Not sure about the u turn thing.
Hi did you utilize AVR(automatic visa) to return back to USA or do you have a valid visa when returning to USA? I tried to DM this message but your profile seem to have some restrictions dude.

Last edited:

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
London visa Office
Hey ur visa office is london ? Where r u from?
My husbands visa office is london too but he got visa stamped and copr from india .. I have emailed london visa office many times regarding extension ... so june 1 they have extended medical it says u have passed medical on june 1 2020 and havent heard anything else...so idk
What will be the next step and vfs is closed in india too

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hey ur visa office is london ? Where r u from?
My husbands visa office is london too but he got visa stamped and copr from india .. I have emailed london visa office many times regarding extension ... so june 1 they have extended medical it says u have passed medical on june 1 2020 and havent heard anything else...so idk
What will be the next step and vfs is closed in india too
I'm from Pakistan but a resident of UAE. I believe today everyone received a generic email from IRCC.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
I just received this email from IRCC even though I have NEVER raised a single webform.

This is the message I ve received today from IRCC

We are still working on your application
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

I think it is once again a generic email being sent to EVERYONE?
Can the rest of you please confirm?
I received too, never raised any webform request. So, seems its a system generated went to everyone, just to let the people calm that they are still working....

Reactions: saad_im

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi,
My COPR expires end of August.I haven’t raised web form regarding unable to travel.
Got a mail from CIC we are still working on your file but nothing updated in my account.

Does any one knows why I got this email or any other information.

Thanks
It's a generic email that was sent to everybody

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
As I told.u it says I passed medical on june 1
That's a good sign then. Since you had raised a webform and asked for an extension, looks like they have started taking some action on it. Also, it's reassuring that they are not asking for re-medicals, which would have been a nightmare in the current situation... Best of luck and keep us posted.