+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
There was a system maintenance scheduled today (02 June) between 2.30 am and 5.30 am. Maybe, something got goofed and something got sent universally to everybody?

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Hi All,

upon checking the guidance again I saw there was some changes made. The "unwilling to travel" part has been removed and so has the part about the medical extensions. The only thing it says now is you can only get an extension if you are "unable to travel".

I am able to travel I think as my flight hasn't been cancelled yet but I would rather not travel at this time and even if I do travel, it would be for a soft landing as I do not plant on settling permanently for another year or so.

Those who have submitted webforms and received positive feedback, what did you actually say in the webform ? Did you list the reasons why you were unable or unwilling to travel ? Did you attach any evidence ? Where you asked for evidence at any point ?

Thanks

Here's the link by the way (please let me know if I'm not looking at the latest update or something):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Unwilling is still there. Stop spreading misinformation unnecessarily.

Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
They are announcing two flights from Delhi. One on 12th and the other on 15th. They have also mentioned about the chances of other private airlines that might be starting flights to Canada for repatriation.
Any idea how to book these flights?

SAMEER_333

Jun 2, 2020
Hi All,

My wife is principal applicant and we got COPR before 18 March 2020. We were working in differenct cities and due to lockdown we couldn't book VBM tickets together. She was successful to book ticket for totonto in second phase. I also tried but I couldn't get. She landed succesfully in May 2020. My COPR will be expired on June 12th 2020. Will I get extension as I have read Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I got the same generic mail and application still remained unchanged. Maybe its a glitch. Mails from IRCC make me feel some sort of way these days. o_O

Reactions: saad_im

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
There was a system maintenance scheduled today (02 June) between 2.30 am and 5.30 am. Maybe, something got goofed and something got sent universally to everybody?
I don't think so.. They could be just going through the applications and tagging them for extension. I haven't received such email tho or maybe its around the corner for me.

PM21

May 29, 2020
Hello,
Does anyone know if it is okay to do a soft landing in Canada, stay for 14 days, an return back to your home country?
I am from India and I am wondering if there can be any possible challenges in doing a softlaning at this time.
Thank you!

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
My application was reopened after I reported my inability to fly .

This is the message I ve received today from IRCC

We are still working on your application
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address——( my e mail )
Great! That's some progress. Which country arevyou from and when did your COPR expire?

Reactions: CountessO

Mohit Mogla

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
My COPR expires end of August.I haven’t raised web form regarding unable to travel.
Got a mail from CIC we are still working on your file but nothing updated in my account.

Does any one knows why I got this email or any other information.

Thanks

sahithigan

Jun 2, 2020
My COPR expired on 18th may and i let IRCC know that i was unable to travel due to the lockdown in UAE. Now since flights are opening up , i let them know through the webform that am willing to travel. There response i received to my request below . Did anyone receive a similar response ? I cant make sense of it

Enquiry:
My COPR has expired on May 18th 2020 and i had already informed IRCC that am unable to travel due to the lockdown situation in the UAE. Now flights from UAE has started from May 22nd 2020 and i should finally be able to travel to Canada. Please let me know of the next steps and how i can get the new Visa.

Response:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
If you plan on leaving Canada and returning during the validity period of your current status and you require a temporary resident visa (TRV) to re-enter Canada, we invite you to:
  • Apply online or by mail,
    • if you apply by mail, we recommend reading the instruction guide first. It will provide you all necessary information to complete and send your application,
      • if you are currently in Canada as a visitor, you must send your application to a Visa application centre (VAC),
      • if you are currently in Canada and have a valid work permit or a valid study permit, you must send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
You can apply for:
  • A single-entry TRV, which will allow you to enter Canada only once during the validity of the visa, or
  • A multiple-entry TRV, which will allow you to seek entry into Canada from any country as often as necessary during the validity of the visa.
As an exception, you do not have to apply for a TRV if you are returning to Canada after travelling only to the United States* and/or St. Pierre and Miquelon by the end of the period initially authorized for your stay or any extension to it.
*Including its Territories and Possessions, but not cruises entering international waters.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests: