+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
My pleasure!

Even if we inform them that we have decided not to travel prior to the expiry of CoPR - but later change our mind, IRCC is clear that we can travel anytime we choose to do so, as long as the CoPR is still valid. No explanation or prior information is needed for changing our mind and land.

Currently and understandably MOST if not all responses are rather generic, with same or similar message from IRCC, so nothing to worry there. I do think IRCC is fairly alright in responding to questions - afterall it is better to ask the question if we have them. I would do the same!

Once the CoPR expires, whether or not medicals are re-requested shall remain unknown and most likely vary case to case. This is simply my guess - have not seen any instructions related to circumstances under which re-medicals will be sought by IRCC.

There is no expectation of anything additional to re-medicals, PRV stamping et al.

For what its worth, I personally would try to travel before CoPR expires. Obviously, this will be different for each individuals' circumstances. Go with your gut feel! Be safe and informed!

I wish you well!
Super thanks !!!!

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
How are you in Toronto

You are in Toronto but have not landed yet..hmm.......I'm wondering what that means....Do you mean you're currently waiting somewhere up in Toronto's airspace and posting this question?
[/QUOTE
I think he means to say that he has not finished landing interview.:)

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Canada in India has posted on twitter that they have arranged 2 more special flights for Canadians stranded India in which pr copr holders will.also be allowed.Pls check those who want to go.These flights are in june .Around 12 .

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
Hi All,

upon checking the guidance again I saw there was some changes made. The "unwilling to travel" part has been removed and so has the part about the medical extensions. The only thing it says now is you can only get an extension if you are "unable to travel".

I am able to travel I think as my flight hasn't been cancelled yet but I would rather not travel at this time and even if I do travel, it would be for a soft landing as I do not plant on settling permanently for another year or so.

Those who have submitted webforms and received positive feedback, what did you actually say in the webform ? Did you list the reasons why you were unable or unwilling to travel ? Did you attach any evidence ? Where you asked for evidence at any point ?

Thanks

Here's the link by the way (please let me know if I'm not looking at the latest update or something):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Hi All,

upon checking the guidance again I saw there was some changes made. The "unwilling to travel" part has been removed and so has the part about the medical extensions. The only thing it says now is you can only get an extension if you are "unable to travel".

I am able to travel I think as my flight hasn't been cancelled yet but I would rather not travel at this time and even if I do travel, it would be for a soft landing as I do not plant on settling permanently for another year or so.

Those who have submitted webforms and received positive feedback, what did you actually say in the webform ? Did you list the reasons why you were unable or unwilling to travel ? Did you attach any evidence ? Where you asked for evidence at any point ?

Thanks

Here's the link by the way (please let me know if I'm not looking at the latest update or something):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
"Unwilling to travel" is still there They have removed the medical part.
Please be careful before posting as wrong information can create panic among many folks. Below is the paragraph that contains unwilling:

"Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956."

sushrut01

Jul 7, 2018
Alright, Am done with my quarantine and I came back to the US. Customs at the US side was pretty smooth.
Sweet!! Congrats!!
So you made a US-Canada-US trip by air w/ a 14 day quaratine?
What's your US visa category?
What questions were you asked by US immigration officer?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Good morning, all. Travel-related news for 02 June 2020.

1. Air India to operate 70 flights from Canada to India to rescue stranded Indians between June 11 and June 30 as part of repatriation programme called Vandhe Bharat. Link
2. As domestic flights move towards critical mass of 50-60% operation, the ability to resume international operations will also improve, says Indian Aviation Minister. Factors such as lockdowns in major Indian cities need addressing before thoughts of resuming International travel Link
3. Many factors to be considered before Intl. flights begin. Link

Utkars

Jan 29, 2020
They are announcing two flights from Delhi. One on 12th and the other on 15th. They have also mentioned about the chances of other private airlines that might be starting flights to Canada for repatriation.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
"Unwilling to travel" is still there They have removed the medical part.
Please be careful before posting as wrong information can create panic among many folks. Below is the paragraph that contains unwilling:

"Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956."
Minor point if anyone is going to correct someone else posting questionable info then they should also include a link to the official page else posting just words no different to the post being commented on

Reactions: pumpkin_latte